How to dupe DLC cars&paints&gears SOLUTION!

Netherlands
The Netherlands
superkootje
Hi,

I've found a way to dupe the DLC Cars, Paints and Gears!
I did this by accident when duping with the borrow glitch.

So here step by step tutorial:

1. Assuming you allready have installed the cars/paints/gears packs trhough the main menu of GT5.
2. Delete all the game data.
3. Launch the game and install all the updates.
4. Go to the DLC part of the Main Menu.
5. Install the paints/gears/cars packs again.

And you're done, You now have 2 of each gear, paint and car :D

Proof it worked for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQY2yk3qfLA
or download the vid: http://www.fileserve.com/file/vGY97D2

Please say thanks :D

You can donate anything you want to me for telling this tip.
Just send FR to superkootje, would really appreciate it :D

Last edited:
I did a full reinstall this morning (for different reasons than duping DLC, but that is not important) and it doesn't work that way. You can't install the DLC again after a full reinstallation. It's marked as 'installed' already.

I did a full reinstall this morning (for different reasons than duping DLC, but that is not important) and it doesn't work that way. You can't install the DLC again after a full reinstallation. It's marked as 'installed' already.

:nervous:

Are you saying you'll have to purchase it again?

No, it's still there in your savegame. 👍 It will work (I think) if you create a brand new savegame.

no... it worked for me.
I checked i have 2 of each paint, my car truck thing was loaded with alot cars again and i probably have 2 times the gears to.

OK then, just remember, pics or a video or it didn't happen. I'd be really excited if this did work, but I'll remain a skeptic until we get pics. :D

When I did it this morning, I checked specifically in the download DLC menu in GT5, because I was worried the DLC might be gone (or other issues) after doing a full reinstall. The packs were marked as 'installed' (which had me worrying initially :lol:), but when I entered the game all was as I left it before tossing all the game data away. 👍

Could still be some sort of glitch though.

When I did it this morning, I checked specifically in the download DLC menu in GT5, because I was worried the DLC might be gone (or other issues) after doing a full reinstall. The packs were marked as 'installed' (which had me worrying initially :lol:), but when I entered the game all was as I left it before tossing all the game data away. 👍

Could still be some sort of glitch though.

I don't know, maybe I did not only remove the data maybe I did something else too, anyways i post proof tomorrow and i'll try to do it again.

Seems genuine to me, don't see how it's possible other than through a glitch like this. Either that, or some very good video editing skills you have lol. 👍

And yes, I did watch the video. Paints we know can be duplicated anyway, but the cars/tickets/suits are a different thing.

It's all there. Did you back up your game save b4 you tried this, my girlfriend borrowed my usb memory stick for uni................I'll try it when she gets her ass home

It's all there. Did you back up your game save b4 you tried this, my girlfriend borrowed my usb memory stick for uni................I'll try it when she gets her ass home

yes i always back up before i delete the game data.

The main intention was to do the borrow glitch.
And then I saw the DLC install packages could be installed again.

I want to believe. But could it be that you just bought the DLC twice? :lol:

Well, with all the patches to be downloaded again incl. SPEC 2.0 it would cost me 5-7 hours (yes 5-7 hours). Not good for me.

I want to believe. But could it be that you just bought the DLC twice? :lol:

Well, with all the patches to be downloaded again incl. SPEC 2.0 it would cost me 5-7 hours (yes 5-7 hours). Not good for me.

No i do not waste the money twice :P
I takes like 2 hours tops for me to download all new update.

yes i always back up before i delete the game data.

The main intention was to do the borrow glitch.
And then I saw the DLC install packages could be installed again.

It's definitely a great bonus for you! I'll try it later today once I can back up my game save.

That is hardly proof, because like #26 said, you could have just bought it twice... which is far more likely than accidently glitching them.

That is hardly proof, because like #26 said, you could have just bought it twice... which is far more likely than accidently glitching them.

Why would i waste the money twice...?

besides, once i bought the complete pack it dissappeared from the PS store...

EDIT: I'm now trying it again.
Updating right now.
If it works i make another video starting from installing the packs.

Last edited:
Back