CLUB CLART Signup 39/100 -61 Available (Private Lobby Network)

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 239 comments
Italy
Treviglio
PAPPACLART
PAPPALCART
Welcome fellow GT5'rs and Welcome to CLUB CLART

A PRIVATE LOBBY NETWORK FOR CLEAN GT5 RACERS

rasta-1b2.jpg

CLUB CLART​

38/100 (62 Spaces Available)

This is a totally new club that wishes to bring together like minded GT5 players who first and foremost would like to race with a group of likeminded racers. Racers who value, clean and fair racing above all. As well as people who want to race in regular events and competitions and not to mention epic nights of casual racing.

I have also been sitting on a great way to organise clubs/groups via a very simple but clever Private Lounge set-up, and this new club will show all that sign up how it works, and how great this Lobby system is, and how much easier it makes finding like minded racers to race with. If you are fed up of public lobbies, and can't find a good group to race with, in private lobbies, without the need to add 10s of 10s of PSN/s then this is most definately for you.

THIS IS A NEW CLEVER BUT SIMPLE PRIVATE LOUNGE NETWORK

This club is initially open to 100 signups (PSN limiting) and ideally for European members for time differences. But if you say live in the US or anywhere else, and can be online to race 5pm onward GMT then feel free to put your name down. Alterntatively if we have enough interest from the US, say 50% of signups then the US guys will have allot to race with also.

How good do I have to be?

Accepting all abilities, from the fast to the slow. Once we have 100 sign ups you will be split into divisions for any official competitions but will all be able to race with each other casually.

All CLART lounges will be set to pro, with no driving assists, grip reduction real, slipstream low etc. First members in any lounge will be expected to set the lounges. More information later.

What kind of racer do I have to be?

Clean fair and considerate is a must. Also I would prefer members who can dedicate several evenings a week to online racing for the sake of full/busy lobbies.

How do I race and who do I add?

This is the great part and is a new and much better way to organise a group of racers within a club. You will only need to ADD all of the below PSN accounts. You will not need to add me, or any other CLART members to ensure that you can race with all 100 members once the accounts are filled. I came up with and run a very similar Lounge set up with another club. and it works very well.

ADD BELOW ACCOUNTS AND HAVE ACCESS TO UPTO 100 FELLOW LIKE MINDED GT5 RACERS

369.jpg

GT5 CLART PRIVATE LOUNGE NETWORK

20100625104941!PSN_logo_color_trans.png

(UPDATE: PLEASE SEND FR TO ALL ACCOUNTS. I WILL ONLY ACCEPT FR AND NOT SEND THEM)

CLART_Casual (for casual racing)

CLART_TestNtune (for testing tuning)

(Below for official events/comps or spill over if other account lounges are ful (16/16)

CLART_Lobby_1

CLART_Lobby_2

CLART_Lobby_3

Why do I need to add all 5 of those accounts?

Well normally, when a group like this is set up, everybody adds the OP as a friend, while also individual members of any group adding each other. What you end up having is an un organised mess, where if Bill wants to race with Bob in Bob's Private lounge then they have to be PSN friends. If Bill's friends want to race with Bob and Bill, in Bobs Private Lounge then all of Bill's friends have to be friends with Bob also!

Normally we all often jump from private lounge to private lounge, depending on who of our friends are online and how busy there lounges are, but If I jump in say GTP_Alexi's Lounge and I want anyone of my 70 PSN friends to be able to join us, they all have to be friends with GTP_Alexi also. Its pants.

To solve this....

So, we create several accounts, and we all get added to those accounts. each account/lounge has a function, and to race we only join the Private Lounges of the above accounts. So you guys need only 5 accounts added as friend and you can race with any 1 of 100 others and dont need to jump from lounge to lounge to fnd a busy group of clean racers. Also, anyone who goes bumping into people continiually, I can simply delete them from the 5 accounts so that person won't be able to join anymore.

(Audited group of private lounges for clean mature racers)

I have added them now what do I do?

Now you have added the PSN accounts, all you have to do to find other CLART racers is to click on the coffee cups of any of the accounts and you should see CLART racers inside of the Lounges. It is very important that you do not create/sit in your own lounges as any CLART member that is not your PSN friend will not be able to race with you. ONLY join CLART private Lounges to race with other CLART races, even if you are the first in any of the lounges

The Accounts are never online, what’s going on?

That’s right. the accounts will only ever be signed into PSN when accepting FR from new CLART signups. The CLART accounts will also never appear online via GT5 so no green dot besides the profiles and also no yellow Icon besides the coffee cup to suggest members are racing. Just click on the coffee cup, and if the lounges are occupied then you will se racers inside.

Note: You can join the private lounges of any account regardless if that account is online or not.

How do I sign up?

Please post your interest and PSN user name in this thread, and also send FR out to all of the 5 accounts. I will not be sending any friend request out, I will only accept friend request.

39/100 (61 Spaces Available)

1.PAPPACLART (UK) (ADMIN)1:39.929 DS3 - No
2.bouncyflabs (UK) 1:44.891 – dfgt – no
3.GTVirtuoso (US) (ADMIN)1:43.641. DS3 - No
4.Jimmywizz (UK) 1.40.595 - DFGT - No
5.GTP_FastM3 (CA) 1:42.702 - GTP_FastM3 - GT3RS - NO . NO
6.sid870 (UK)
7.Fastfox400 (US) 1:42.925 - DS3 - No
8.Johnnypenso (CA)
9.Busmaster (CA)
10Tox75 (UK)
11.jimantonic (UK)
12.easy9 (UK) (ADMIN HEAD OF EURO OPERATIONS)
13.c7mpr (UK) 1:38.778 - DS3 - no
14.zolon32 (UK)
15.manou (FR)
16.jamiengem (UK) 1:40.506 - ds3 - No
17.APIOQM (CA) ADMIN
18.Gallinho (UK)
19.cletepurcel (UK)
20.Pepsibottle1 (US) 1:41.131 (UPDATED) – Stick (Sixaxis) – No
21.joetruckv8 (US)
22.Melturn (UK) 1:45.545 ds3-no
23.Pantalonuk (UK) 1:41.270 - DFGT - No Clutch
24.Haakert (NL) 1:40.204 –Haakert– DS3 – NO
25.ThaSyn (BE) 1:44:284 - DS3- No - DS3- No
26.tytanfyre (NA) 1:46.867 – dfgt – no
27.laracer (UK)
28.jbuzza (UK)
29.Rallyboy (UK)
30.HighPlainsDrftr (US)
31. cocnut_61 (N/A)
32.DrDeathO5 (BE) 1:40.669 - DS3 - No
33. Lombardo (UK) 1:42.836 - DFGT - No Clutch
34.Doctorpotford(UK) 1:41:148. UK G25 no clutch
35.fryercar(US)
36.Culturtalsnow(US SA) 1:41:344 - culturalsnow - DFP - no
37.bob0011(CA)
38.Serpant(GR)
39.twistedfirework
40.S130south – 1.43.401 DS3– No Clutch

Information

The 5 CLART accounts are effectively a PRIVATE LOBBY SYSTEM. Each member will be expected to race clean and fairly. I reserve the right to remove any racers that are causing problems on the track or being abusive.

Among our initial signups, I will ask several guys who are very regular Participants and who have exceptional race craft to be Admins, you will have access to (login details) to the CLART accounts and will help to maintain a good driving standard of CLART members. And will be able to remove CLART members from the 5 PSN accounts that don't fit the CLART ethos. (clean fair racers) More information and CLART Procedure will be added to the OP.

This PRIVATE LOBBY SYSEM already works very successfully in another club I manage but any doubts or if you are confused you are welcome to post questions here.

I will update the OP accordingly as we fill up the accounts with members. Once we get a good few sign ups, I will organise a meet, and you can see how well the online lounges work.

Thanks and welcome.

CLART QUALIFIER

To keep you all busy until we get more sign ups, I would like to guage the ability of our current guys. This qualifier will be used to place you in divsiosn for any official events that we organise. Please PM me your time, and save the replay should I need to see it.

NOTE: The loop of track (Castrol S) that rejoins the main track after the Mercedes arena does not constitute part of the track, neither does the astro-turf anywhere.

nurburgring_gp-d.gif

Time submission start: Now
Time submission finish: TBC

Track: Nurburgring GP/D

Mode: Arcade Mode, Timetrial.

Car: lotus Elise 111R '04 to be taken from the Arcade garage (not from favorites)
No aids, ABS 1
Racing line allowed
Tires: Sport Soft, Front and rear
Wet/Run off grip is low.

PLEASE PM TIME TO ME

Posting format example:

0:00.000 – PSN ID – controller type – Clutch
9:99.999 – PAPPACLART – DF-Pro - No

Last edited:
Added to the OP.

Remember to add all of the listed PSN accounts and to only join the Lounges of those accounts.

I will wait till I have a few more sign ups before I go accepting friend requests. I will also setup the Lounges via GT5 so that you can all Join.

Once we have a good few signups I will post up a launch day, when we will all meet via the lounges.

Welcome BTW

I'm in if it's cool with you CLART. I'm a current member of CRAP and we've adopted your lobby system over there. It seems to work well. I've been struggling dealing with the vast time differences between myself and some of my fellow CRAP members, so I would love a second option to fall back on when I feel like some online racing. I live in the US and I figure the time difference won't be as great as it can be in CRAP. I'm usually on Mon-Thurs anywhere from 8pm-1am EST so if it's cool with you I'd love to be a part of CLART. PSN ID is soxx311.

I'm in if it's cool with you CLART. I'm a current member of CRAP and we've adopted your lobby system over there. It seems to work well. I've been struggling dealing with the vast time differences between myself and some of my fellow CRAP members, so I would love a second option to fall back on when I feel like some online racing. I live in the US and I figure the time difference won't be as great as it can be in CRAP. I'm usually on Mon-Thurs anywhere from 8pm-1am EST so if it's cool with you I'd love to be a part of CLART. PSN ID is soxx311.

No worries guys, thanks. Just send and friend request to the accounts. Things may be a little slow at the start until we get the accounts filled up so bare with me.

I may be interested too providing there is some North Americans also taking part. I'm having trouble finding people that are racing when I am.

I'll send a friend request to the lounges and see how it goes.

I think this is a great idea, and something I've been kicking around with a couple of online buddies myself. I'd like to join and see how it works, iron out some of the bugs, and you never know, maybe we'll open a North American Division of Clart...lol.

Kicking around ideas the last few days, in my mind the key to this working is two fold and you can take from this what you wish.

1. Anyone that signs up should be a regular participant as you said, but it also falls upon the organizer to monitor this in some way, so that 20, 30. 40 spots don't end up in the hands of very infrequent participants.

As an example, let's say there are 60 active and 40 non active members. Of the 60 active say they are on 3 nights/days a week for a few hours at a time. With 5 rooms, 16 people to a room, 7 nights, that is 560 "room nights" if you will. 60 guys, 3 nights a week is 180 room nights.

180/560 means the average room will have 5-6 guys in it. Some might have 3 or 4, some 8 or 9.

Now take 100 active guys on 3 nights a week. 300/560 = an average of 9 guys in a room. Some might have 6 or 7, some 11 or 12.

To me, that's a big difference, and will offer a wide variety of racing, with more people. Racing with 3 guys isn't as interesting as 10 or 12.

How to do this, I'm not sure. Perhaps a weekly sign in, saying what days you raced that week. That's not too much to ask, but it means slogging through 100 posts a week to see who's missing.

2. You need a reporting/feedback system of some kind, to report driver incidents, so you can see patterns and get rid of the bad drivers. Not everyone that signs up is going to abide by GTPlanet type rules or be considerate or respectful. You need a way to police that as well, and remove them from the rooms, to make way for cleaner drivers along with getting rid of the bad apples.

At the start you have to welcome every one, most of the regulars will converge in CLART_Casual. And for those that are regular, from them it is quite easy to form a picture of who on the accounts are active or not. And then any recommendations can be made from that, and members can perhaps be warned prior, and if they no longer become active, then they can be deleted and an opening/place can be offered to a new member.

Wheather drivers are regular or not only becomes a real problem as the accounts start to get full. ATM with my GBRC accounts, we have around 60 signed up, with about 40 regulars to varying degrees. the other 20 show up from time to time, but I keep them on the accounts as when they do show up to race its another person to race with. When my accounts hit the limit, I will then audit them and remove those that rarely race within the group, and will open spaces for new guys that will race regular.

Once accounts are full, as mentioned I would assign a few Admins, these Admins would have to be regular and will have login details of the accounts, so that they can audit when needed. Johnny, you are welcome to be the first Admin, seeing has you have taken a active interest in this and perhaps M3 also as you have also showed interest too.

As for Keeping on top of problems on the track, I am always a step ahead. At GBRC we use a race incidents report spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjjRSkX9h8cBdG5nVUx1emRieV9RNEE3Rk4zT3pJY2c#gid=0

Its an open doc (this is a copy) and any incident can be reported by any member. 2/3 Admins take a look at the replay and come to a decision. Its all dealt with openly, without debates and fights in the forums et.

Something like this can be done to make sure the guys that race are clean within CLART lounges. If you are up there too much then you get the boot.

PS

The good thing about these accounts, is that they allow by nature people to race with each other more frequently, certainly the regulars will all get to know each other on a personal level, and a mutual respect will form. Its allot tougher smashing somebody off of the track if you race with them often rather then somnebody you have raced with once or twice or never.

Last edited:
This certainly sounds good, I'll send some friend requests next time I get online and will hopefully see you all on track soon!!

what a fantastic idea. totally fed up with rubbish drivers every nite. ooh Doris.
will add these accounts :)

OK guys will boot up PS3 and add you guys, and will set up the lounges on GT5.

My other lobby system simlar to this is mainly UK/euro guys. I am hoping we do not have lag/glitching probs mixing regions up.

Once we fill will accounts up, perhaps we could have several groups per region for best quality races.

We only have 11 so I would not hope for busy lounges right yet, once we have about 30 you will start to see lobbies with a few inside. For now if you do join one of the lounges, just stick with CLART_Casual for now.

Hi there,

THIS IS BRILLIANT.

Sign me up please, I will fr. the psn accounts later today.

I am amazed no-one has thought of it before, genius.

Pappa, if this rids me of the curse of always having to race on race-soft tyres I'm all for it. :)

Seriously, it sounds like a very good idea, but is there a guarantee that we wont simply get doofusses signing up and joining the lobbies just as they do in public lounges and ruining the racing. Will you be able to block people who get a bad rep?

Except me of course.

Cheers, Zolon

BTW, GTVirtuoso, I know we've never met, but I wondered if you would mind having sex with me. I'm an ugly bald old man, hence the reason for the picture of the dog. However, I can see that you're quite fit and I haven't had any in a while.

Just thought I'd ask.

Last edited:
Hey Zolon, lol. Just added you. will pop in to Clart Casual shortly.

PS Zolon

I have an event for you so dont worry, sports softs and supercars all stock. I will post up car list etc shortly on the site.

BTW, GTVirtuoso, I know we've never met, but I wondered if you would mind having sex with me. I'm an ugly bald old man, hence the reason for the picture of the dog. However, I can see that you're quite fit and I haven't had any in a while.

Just thought I'd ask.

You do realize I'm not a woman and that's not really a picture of me...Right???:nervous:

A way off racing with some like minded people what a top idea IM IN

I am still laughing at zolons comment
psn scenga77744

A way off racing with some like minded people what a top idea IM IN

I am still laughing at zolons comment
psn scenga77744

Just friend request the 5 accounts in the OP scenga. PAPPA will accept them as he gets them. Make sure you read the OP really good. All info and answers you need are well described and easy to understand.

And as far as Zolon...I can already tell we're going to have a great relationship :ill: :sly:!

Count me in i will give you a good clarting, apart from that Zolon geezer, think i will keep my distance from him, the internet is awash with rumours about him!

Done that M3, will put your name down Jamiengem.

I met a couple of you last night, sorry I had to shoot, been pretty busy the last few days.

If possible, make sure all of you invite some of your PSN friends, get them to add the accounts and I will accept them.

I was in the casual lounge the other night with you PAPPACLART. I would like to join if possible, it was good fun. PSN= APIOQM

Edit: Canada

Back