CLOSED: POLL: The Photomode Competition 49 (W: nissanfanatic)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 24 comments

THEME: Cover Shoot

• [URL="http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/8048/specialstageroute51011.jpg"][IMG]http://img580.imagesh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4371/redbullhangar71d.jpg"][IMG]http://img507.imageshack.us

• [img]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/3507/phpnh3vayam.jpg[/img]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk49.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by our first-time winner Captain Roh:

"Tastefully modified street machines in a photo worthy of a magazine. You have been chosen
to provide this weeks cover car for your favourite modified car magazine. The beauty of the
car is as important as the shoot this week"

CARS: Street cars with modifications only
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Portrait orientation only!

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Wow, I really need to up my game!:lol: Better luck next time I guess:idea: Well done to those who made the poll:tup:

Last edited:
So many awesome photos this week. Hard... to... choose...

Ended up voting for Nissanfanatic's Corvette. Amazing photo :drool:

kyotogiony.jpg

:lol:

Could we get a mod in here to fix the Corvette full size link?

That really should be fixed. Instead of going to the full size when clicked on it, it gives it the vote.
I'm not saying that it has that much votes because of that (because it truly IS an amazing shot), but it can lead the poll in a wrong direction.....if someone falls through it though.

And I'm happy to be in there too.....especially with some votes already! :)

What's the problem?
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/2800/clubmanstageroute52copy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Sorry, but your photo had nothing special about it in my opinion. I did say it is as much about the car as the overall photo this week, and I thought the Z looked pretty basic. Not enough emphasis on the car.

I took another look over the poll and yours as well though, and I honestly couldn't put yours in instead of any one of those. No offence like, I hope everyone can appreciate a good poll. The standards, again imo, were top notch. 👍 Exactly what I asked for :D

[quote="Beccosinho, post: 6161517"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Wow, I really need to up my game!:lol: Better luck next time I guess:idea: Well done to those who made the poll:tup:[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You did say yourself that the modifications were hard to see ;) And although its a beautiful car, and a beautiful shot as well, it wasnt what I was looking for this time. Sorry Becco 👍

[quote="nismo33, post: 6161533"]hmmm lots of magazines with very dark cover pictures lol[/QUOTE]

I thought that too :lol: What came over everyone?

Nice :)👍

I also noticed the final poll entry (the Evo at Red Bull) doesnt have a large size link either. Or the Corvette (5th entry in poll)

The last one was my fault. First time I entered a photocompetition. Wanted to enter but it was 10 minutes before the deadline and still needed to find out how to resize a photo. I found out how to do that but not how to link to the full sized photo.

You did say yourself that the modifications were hard to see ;) And although its a beautiful car, and a beautiful shot as well, it wasnt what I was looking for this time. Sorry Becco 👍

No worries Captain, wasn't looking for any explanations as to why my shot never made the poll. My comp shots have been a bit lack lustre of late....:rolleyes:

Sorry, but your photo had nothing special about it in my opinion. I did say it is as much about the car as the overall photo this week, and I thought the Z looked pretty basic. Not enough emphasis on the car.

I took another look over the poll and yours as well though, and I honestly couldn't put yours in instead of any one of those. No offence like, I hope everyone can appreciate a good poll. The standards, again imo, were top notch. 👍 Exactly what I asked for :D
:dunce: I knew the spoiler wasn't seen!

It's very good subject and really hard to make choice

It has to be clear the Subject but not too strong ...

Nice work guys .👍👍👍

Whats wrong with dark magazine covers? =S I think some of the pictures look great and
would look great for a magazine, my vote went to the red subaru.. great pic :)

Have to agree with cake. Thats the reason i did mine on kart space with loads of bright colours

Last edited:
To everone saying alot of the magazines are too dark etc... Here are a couple i quickly found on google. After a title and some writing on there, they dont look so dark so don't let the darkness sway your opinions just because they arent actual magazine covers...

epcp_0906_04_zeuropean_car_magazinecover1.jpg

pcar-cover1.gif

I didnt mind that they were dark Nissan Fan, I didnt even notice until the poll went live. I think some are better than others, but they would all make great magazine covers 👍 Just like I asked in the brief :)

I'd like to see someone take the winning entry and make a fantasy GTPlanet magazine cover too. I will have a go, but maybe someone else can do it better 👍

Awwww scoops.
My internet died last thursday, and I didn't get to enter with the shot I wanted to enter with..
Ah well.. Better luck next time :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back