CLOSED: POLL: 2.0 Advanced Competition 49 (W: Benmastaw00t)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 26 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk49.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by zambuca:

"Pick your favorite concept car and portrait it the way you like. Try to give it a surreal feeling
that fits the concept theme. To avoid any discussion whether or not it's a concept car, the car
title must contain the word "concept". "

CARS: Concepts only (full eligible car list here)
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Car name must contain "Concept"

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 15 images. For H2H weeks, 8 per poll.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

Ok so I assume this is the newest photo competition and want to enter one of these. So let me get how this works down. I choose a car basses on the theme and take a pic at wherever is allowed. I can than edit the shot if allowed else where and upload it here and wait to see the results later?

i couldnt decide between celling fan´s pic and rpanico14´s pic ,.. sadly he didnt made it into the poll

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how did that gorgeous hourglass infinity shot create that effect without removing background? It's amazing.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but how did that gorgeous hourglass infinity shot create that effect without removing background? It's amazing.

I was in Kart Space when I took it. And in Kart Space, the floor is very shiny. Using the miniature filter, I made it even shinier. Then I upped the EV to 5.0 and that completely distorted the floor and the car's metal all together. You can try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Time for a little feedback :)

@shmogt: You can read the rules here

@Meandog: Your photo is a real nice presentation of the car, and the hue editing works pretty well, but I felt it was too much of a "normal track photo" to fit the concept theme.

@ghostrider135: I would have loved to pick an Isuzu 4200R for the poll, and yours almost made it. However the whole image seems a little too "soft" in a strange way - but not enough to make it look like airbrush. Besides that (but not the only reason) it seems like the scene is outside the Red Bull Hangar, and no phototravel was allowed ;)

@nanabu: I am a big fan of rpanico14's images, and his entry is a brilliant photo. But it is a detail shot, and I don't think the particular part of the Concept1 tii works very well as a concept car photo - it could just as well have been a 3-series or 5-series. A detail shot of the Citröen GT would work much better because it is unique and could more easily be recognized. Some might disagree but I had to draw a line somewhere.

Ok so I can put a pic in and hope it gets to the polls. Also seems funny only allowed to put a small pic that links to a big pic for people who have small bandwidth amounts each months because now they have to see all the little images and than click them to get all the big ones which ends up in more bandwidth lol.

zambuca

@shmogt: You can read the rules here

@Meandog: Your photo is a real nice presentation of the car, and the hue editing works pretty well, but I felt it was too much of a "normal track photo" to fit the concept theme

Cool thanks

Zambuca - I think ghostrider's shot was at Kart Space rather than Red Bull Hangar but I could be wrong. :)

i couldnt decide between celling fan´s pic and rpanico14´s pic ,.. sadly he didnt made it into the poll

@nanabu: I am a big fan of rpanico14's images, and his entry is a brilliant photo. But it is a detail shot, and I don't think the particular part of the Concept1 tii works very well as a concept car photo - it could just as well have been a 3-series or 5-series. A detail shot of the Citröen GT would work much better because it is unique and could more easily be recognized. Some might disagree but I had to draw a line somewhere.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I did wonder whether it really played up to the concept car theme, but I liked the subtlety of the larger wing being the only distinguishing difference.

Hey what about me? :grumpy:
jk.:lol:

Sorry! Somehow I didn't see the first post.

Only problem is that the Furai is so futuristic that it somehow seems a little out of place on a normal track. Nice pic though 👍

I was in Kart Space when I took it. And in Kart Space, the floor is very shiny. Using the miniature filter, I made it even shinier. Then I upped the EV to 5.0 and that completely distorted the floor and the car's metal all together. You can try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

Not saying I don't believe you, it's just simply stunning to have achieved such a perfectly white background. +1 for you.

Ok my bad then :) But as I said, it wasn't the only reason.

Yup took it under one of the little tunnels on Kart Space :), I didn't want want to try sharpen the image too much since I felt the curves of the car made it feel very feminine and well maybe I'm just not very in-touch with my feminine side :sly:.

Sorry! Somehow I didn't see the first post.

Only problem is that the Furai is so futuristic that it somehow seems a little out of place on a normal track. Nice pic though 👍
Okay. :)

Thanks to the 9 people who voted for my piece you know who you are. That's about as far as it'll take me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back