New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW34Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as given by bmxmitch:

"Beautiful car, beautiful track. What more do I have to say?" :D

CAR: Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 '08

gtp_cccl_rules_02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Last edited:
The poll came out much more awesome than I expected or hoped!:dopey:👍

For all those who are a bit disappointed for not being in there, feel free to ask me for feedback.
But if you look up there, you will recognize that I haven't had the easiest job this week....:dunce:

I believe there is a HDR pic in the poll.
I won't say which one in case I'm mistaken but if some of you can see it too...
What do you think guys?
Hope I'm wrong though..

What do you think guys?
Hope I'm wrong though..

I see what you mean, there may be one, but with the new paints I'm not sure. I think its up to the judge and host is it not to decide?

What do you think guys?
Hope I'm wrong though..
I know which one you mean. I thought that too. But, it also can be this hdr toning tool in PS. No real HDR, but it looks a bit like this.
But to be honest, I don't know. It shouldn't have a too big influence here, because there are simply so many other awesome Entries!!!!
I don't see a problem with it right now. :sly:

I somehow struggled with the whole composion. The blue sky looked a bit odd to me and the dark left side distracted me a bit. Maybe I would've included it if it had brighter, other colours, not as abstract/artistic as it looks now. But I see that you wanted to point out those great backlights there, right? ;)

But also, as you seen up there, there were so many great Entries, I really had a hard time to make a cut at 15.
And I know you produce great pictures week for week. You actually don't need any tips from me though. ;)

That was really hard! Yours was one of those who fighted for the last places in the poll.
I'm sorry to not included yours, because I really like the tones and realistic background. But I simply had too.....too many good shots:nervous:
My only critc would be, compared to the most others up there, it looks a bit too boring. No real fast action or great posing like FhisyJuice did with his white Gallardo.
But thats a tiny critic, seriously! There isn't much that bothers me. Good shot for sure! 👍

bmxmitch
I somehow struggled with the whole composion. The blue sky looked a bit odd to me and the dark left side distracted me a bit. Maybe I would've included it if it had brighter, other colours, not as abstract/artistic as it looks now. But I see that you wanted to point out those great backlights there, right? ;)

But also, as you seen up there, there were so many great Entries, I really had a hard time to make a cut at 15.
And I know you produce great pictures week for week. You actually don't need any tips from me though. ;)
I know from the poll that you had a hard time picking entries.
And i'm not upset because the poll had too many fantastic pics and even if i entered i wouldn't compete anyway.
I only wanted to make sure that you understand the point behind my picture and you did.
Thanks

#3 and #13 are the only real contenders here. The rest of the shots just look generic and not interesting.

If #3 or #13 don't win, this poll is what?

Well I'm not sure what you mean by that last statement??? I think everyones entitled to their opinion, yourself included although you do come across as being over critical for ( and I could be wrong ) someone I'm yet to see put forward an entry in these comps :indiff:.
I remember a few weeks back you kinda stuck the boot in to some shots that were in a poll which was a little harsh, I have to dis-agree with your opinion here too, shot 10 does it for me and I'm not 'feeling' the shot thats in the lead at present ...... but all these entries deserve to be up there on merit because it was the Judge's perogative and not mine or yours or anyone elses. MY 2c :sly:

Well I'm not sure what you mean by that last statement??? I think everyones entitled to their opinion, yourself included although you do come across as being over critical for ( and I could be wrong ) someone I'm yet to see put forward an entry in these comps :indiff:.
I remember a few weeks back you kinda stuck the boot in to some shots that were in a poll which was a little harsh, I have to dis-agree with your opinion here too, shot 10 does it for me and I'm not 'feeling' the shot thats in the lead at present ...... but all these entries deserve to be up there on merit because it was the Judge's perogative and not mine or yours or anyone elses. MY 2c :sly:

I have no idea how to post pictures, or put forward my entries, or I would happily do it.

Also, I don't think i'm being over harsh, I just say it like I see it. So, either I have very bad perception of good quality images, or the judges are not honest/strict enough. Because, compared with the pictures that I like, the others just look pathetic. (in my opinion)

If I was allowed to judge these competitions, we would see much more good quality images in the 'finals', rather than this lower grade stuff.

If I was allowed to judge these competitions, we would see much more good quality images in the 'finals', rather than this lower grade stuff.

:indiff: .... thats where I think I'll leave it.

Thats ridiculously stupid to be honest.
The quality only gets as good as the competitors will be. If noone posts a great Entry, your poll wouldn't look any better.
So, saying that YOUR poll will be filled with much more good quality images is simply bigheaded and insular.

But we had this discussion more than once, so I'll be with CCShaft.....I'll leave this too!

Thats ridiculously stupid to be honest.
The quality only gets as good as the competitors will be. If noone posts a great Entry, your poll wouldn't look any better.
So, saying that YOUR poll will be filled with much more good quality images is simply bigheaded and insular.

But we had this discussion more than once, so I'll be with CCShaft.....I'll leave this too!

What I meant was, out of all the entries, of which I assume there were many, I wouldn't have chosen half of these entries. I don't see how they can possibly compete with the rest.

What I meant was, out of all the entries, of which I assume there were many, I wouldn't have chosen half of these entries. I don't see how they can possibly compete with the rest.

You have to choose a Top 15!

Or, how fair would it be if you only choose 2 pics you like? Naahhhh, forget it. I don't care anymore (just red your comment in the 2.0 poll! 👎:nervous:)

I have no idea how to post pictures, or put forward my entries, or I would happily do it.

Also, I don't think i'm being over harsh, I just say it like I see it. So, either I have very bad perception of good quality images, or the judges are not honest/strict enough. Because, compared with the pictures that I like, the others just look pathetic. (in my opinion)

It is very unfair of you to criticize people even you dont have your own Gallery oh wait you dont have one because you are to lazy to read this

first show us what you can bevore you tell "us" how bad we are ...

There are stickies detailing, quite thoroughly, how to post images.

Your tastes are not the final yard stick on which quality is measured, so comparing to which you like is pointless. This is the judge's decision, if you want to make your oh-so-important tastes known, you'll have to win a competition to choose a poll. And yes, you are being overly harsh; constructive criticisms are one thing, "these are rubbish" is the opposite.

Put your money where your mouth is, and read about posting images. Alternately, find somewhere else to take your attitude.

Let me give you a clue? I know how to post a picture ... brain surgery it ain't.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA best response ever sir 👍, I agree with what's been said thus far this is 1 hell of a poll right here, Definitely easily and by far the best poll of late (ALL shots in the poll are top notch 👍)

*rubs hands looking & is forward to seeing Mazeratis entry next week*

:lol:

*does exactly the same thing*

And Mazerati, haven't you made a few bold statements about some other things, for example the one about British cars and such in the car section? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back