GT5 Car Catalogue 2.15 [5908 cars / 2654 chips / released Jan, 21st]

• Thread starter Duck
  • 429 comments

Which version of the catalogue are you using?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Italy
Sardinia, Italy
papero1974
Finally, after more than three months of development, I'm proud to present the GT5 Car Catalogue.

This database has in mind some kinds of GTP collectors:
- those who want all 5908 different car versions in the game
- those who want all 2654 different paint chip in the game
- those who want all 573 collectable cars
- those who want to collect something based on paints and cars
- just curious people :D

Features, one google sheet tab each:

- Car variations: all cars in the game in all liveries, with paint classification, name, availability, collectable traits, own collection recording cells. You can use the tab to take count of all your 0/0 cars, or of all your cars divided by miles/km. Just use hundreds for 0/0 cars, tens for under 5000km cars, units for well used ones. For example if I have 2 0/0 cars and one very old one I can enter 201, instead of a plain 3 which gives no information about car status.
- Chips database: paint chip list with classification, own collection recording cells, chip sources. All chips with the same name but different shades are included.
- Missing chips: a filtered tab which lists all the paint chip you miss from the collection. The tab is automatized, reading data from the Chips database. You only have to refresh data manually using the filter button. Detailed instructions are in the sheet.
- Ownership breakdown: a summary fully automazed tab showing you how many chips you miss (total and manifacturer partial totals) and how many collectable cars you miss too (total and model partials)
- Instructions: read as well before asking here ;)
- Credits: a lot of people contributed directly or indirectly to this work. One over all: SlipZtrEm. A special mention also for jaymanji for his valuable UCD lists, and to TornadoAlley as actual UCD project keeper.

Just access the links to view the document.
- Google doc: I strongly recommend accessing the google doc, as sheet automatization is only available here, by now. Using it is very easy. If you have a google account, access the link, then go to File menu and Make a Copy. Add it to your bookmark, as now you can edit it. If you haven't a google account, I strongly recommend subscribing one! If you don't want to do it, you only can access the link in view mode, go to File menu and download it in Excel or Open Document (Openoffice/Libreoffice) format.
- Open document format (Openoffice/Libreoffice): if you haven't access to google docs due to your browser limitations, I linked this format directly here. You will miss following features:
a) Ownership breakdown: conditional formatting :embarrassed:
b) You can't share your collection online for trades

About the license
As a user asked me about it, I add some 'legal' notes, for users who don't know CC licenses.
The sheet is no PD, and released under a particular CC license: you don't need any permission to take, modify the sheet and share it again. The chosen license only have 3 limits:
1) you can't use it for commercial pourpose
:D Trade your cars but don't sell your car list mates :lol:
2) you have to credit me as author
3) you have to share it under the same license
which aren't that difficult, just let the credit tab as you found it.

About SlipZtrEm crediting.

Visually, you will have a familiar feeling. It's very close to SlipZtrEm Colour Database. I needed a different approach to record my collection, and started modifying his sheet. At some point, I decided to rewrite it from beginning, extending his work, but keeping its pretty good visual scheme:
- like in SlipZtrEm Colour Database, you will see lists with cars, makes, paints, paint types columns and source: right now first two tabs have different meanings and are indipendent.
- car list was re-edited using UCD/NCD spelling, picked from GT5 official site.
- paints/cars original association is all SlipZtrEm work. As he decided to stop UCD check after 1.06 release, I rebuilt it using TornadoAlley UCD lists, then compared SlipZtrEm Colour Database again. All car/paints combinations (some hundreds, actually) not present in current UCD lists are directly picked from his Colour Database. The complete car catalogue shouldn't be complete without his and his contributors retrivial, and as I trust his work, I added these informations in this database. A first-hand confirmation of all the remaining entries is in progress, as UCD lists work continues.
- chip list and classification was rebuilt from beginning, using my complete (I hope) collection.
- just before you ask, yes. This work was approved by him!

History:
2.0 (19/11/2011) Initial release
2.01 (22/11/2011) Fixed 2 double INTEGRA TYPE R (DC2) '99 entries in rows 1732 and 1733 and fixed Mazda RX-7 Type RS (FD,J) '96 for two colours, uncorrectly sorted after other Mazda due to the missing 'J' in car name (thanks to CostasDrifter for finding both issues). Added DLC kart versions. Total cars will jump to 5703
2.02 (23/11/2011) Added a Rouge De Mars Lutecia V6 Phase II, and two more variations of Toyota RSC (blue and olive green). Thanks to CostasDrifter for finding all three missing cars. Fixed Impreza Rally '01 (gifts chip WR Blue Mica). Car's total jump to 5706. Collectable cars raised to 527.
2.03 (28/11/2011) Deleted the 'Black' Nismo 270R, but the fact it gifts a 'Black Pearl Metallic' chip must be confirmed too. Added the Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '93 Vintage Red, which disappeared in the waves of filtering... Mugen S2000 '00 (grey) doesn't exist and has been removed; color dark purple, usually named as dark blue, also fixed (Thanks to CostasDrifter for all retrievals). Gift column changed as follows: all chips Polyphony Digital can gift you in daily PSN login bonus are listed as YES or ?. Cars that doesn't gift chips are listed as NO. Gifting cars found in UCD are listed as Yes; gifting cars not retrieved in UCD yet are listed as ?.
2.04 (04/12/2011) Added a Jaguar 'Seafrost Metallic' variation and Seat's 'Imola yellow'. Total chip count is now 2501. Imola yellow Ibiza now (I guess since GT5 2.0 release) gifts its chip. Total collectable cars reduced to 525.
2.05 (14/12/2011) Imola Yellow Ibiza gifts its chip but.... you will not find it in inventory. Altezza RS200 (J) didn't gift me a 'Silver Metallic' chip. Fixed Acura DN-X colour names. New chips coming in two different shades: Chevrolet 'Black', Daihatsu 'Pearl White I' and 'Bright Silver Metallic', Ferrari 'Rosso Monza', Infiniti 'Laser Red', Jaguar 'Sapphire Metallic', Mitsubishi solid 'Palma Red', Nissan 'Gray Metallic', Toyota 'Red Mica Metallic', Toyota 'Blue Mica', Toyota 'Beige Mica Metallic', Toyota pearl 'Black Mica' also exist without a blank space before the paint name, and is lighter than the ' Black Mica' one, VW 'Brightgreen Perleffekt. Chip count is now 2513, collectable car total is 527.
2.06 (26/12/2011) Nismo 270R doesn't gift any chip (Thanks to Costasdrifter). Fixed 370Z Academy collectable description, RM car colours, DLC TC names, Mustang Mach 1 '71 colour order. New GT5 2.02 and DLC2 cars added. New paints from Toyota 86: Crystal Black Silica (pearl), Dark Grey Metallic, Galaxy Blue Silica (pearl), Satin White Pearl, Sterling Silver Metallic. New paint from Toyota FT-86 Concept '11: Silky Black (pearl). New paints from Mini Cooper '11: British Racing Green II Metallic, Eclipse Grey Metallic, Hot Chocolate Metallic, Ice Blue (solid), Midnight Black Metallic, Spice Orange Metallic, White Silver Metallic. New paints from GTR Black Edition: Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P), Meteor Flake Black Pearl (2P). New paints from DLC Volkswagen: Deep Black Perleffekt, Rising Blue Metallic. Mazda RX-7 Type R (FD, J) '91 (Vintage Red) was missing from the list (Thanks to Costasdrifter). Corvette Stingray L46 350 (C3) '69 Dover White: deleted. Giulia Sprint Speciale '63 Bianco Spino: deleted (thanks to CostasDrifter and PowerMarty).
2.07 (15/01/2012) Updated UCD availability - unconfirmed car number dropped to 94. Added a darker Noir Nacre Renault chip (2531th). Silky Black chip is written ' Silky Black', with a blank character ahead. Deleted three Veyrons from the list (Red / Red tu-tone, Gold m / Black m, White/ Red m). Kart 125 SPL colours revised and sorted.
2.08 (22/01/2012) Added DLC 3 cars & paints gifted by new cars. Fixed Kart SPL and Renault chips ownership (are 40, actually). Get rid of the two Pyrenees Black Mitsubishi FTO. Confirmed some more cars in UCD. Implemented a large number of fixes suggested by MadMax86, and listed in detail in this post
2.09 (15/02/2012) No content update. I only added columns for car and paint IDs to make easy the migration process in next releases.
2.10 (26/02/2012) Another 'no new content' update. Added a column with standard/premium/tradable/untradable car status. Also remove a lot of garbage from ods file.
2.11 (02/03/2012) Main update is migration support, adding a ID for cars and paints. Also added a standard/premium/tradable/untradable column.
Finally started testing 'check' labeled chips, with the same chip icon colour.
Added new paint variations: British Racing Green Metallic(Mini, P1616a), Ultra Red Pearl(Mitsubishi, P1711a), Reflexsilber Metallic(Volkswagen, P2545a), Tornadorot(Volkswagen, P2516a), Red Mica(Toyota, P2358a), Kaiser Silver Metallic(Honda, P1027a), Galaxy White Pearl(Mitsubishi, P1688a), Rosso Alfa(Alfa Romeo, P0062a), Rosso Proteo Metallizzato(Alfa Romeo, P0107a), Millennium Yellow(Chevrolet, P0374a), Cortez Silver Metallic(Chevrolet, P0412a), White(Daihatsu, P0521a), Bright Silver Metallic(Dodge, P0582a), Moro Blue Pearl Effect(Audi, P0224a).
Removed Lamborghini's Giallo Eviros (P1183): apparently has been corrected as Giallo Evros with last update, or maybe it was wrongly spelled in the catalogue.
Car removal: C4267 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M-spec (R34) '01 Black Pearl, C4275 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R M.spec Nur (R34) '01 Black Pearl, C4316 Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V•spec (R34) '99 Black Pearl (first two found by CostasDrifter!).
New car added, pulled by ch1potle from a ticket: Honda NSX '95 in Grand Prix White (C1845a)
New collectable cars: Toyota ARISTO V300 Vertex Edition '00 in Silver Metallic, Audi RS 6 Avant '02 in Ebony Black Pearl Effect are scrooge cars that don't gift their chips (thanks to segovia). Also added the Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 in Zypressengrun which was well known but forgot to add to the ownership list (thanks to segovia too for bug retrieval)
2.12 (12/05/2012) Fixed: The deep blue Jaguar XFR is Indigo, not Indigo Metallic.
New chips: Audi's Brilliant Black (P0183a, found and gifted by ID_Racing), Fiat's Bianco (P0686a), Giallo Ginestra (P0692a), Rosso Corsa (P0701a), Honda's Championship White (P0918a), Jaguar's Topaz Metallic (P1160a, retrieved by ajns73), Lexus White Pearl Crystal Shine (P1254a), Lotus Mustard Yellow (P1294a), Crystal White by Mazda (P1377a), Schwarz by Mercedes-Benz (P1484a), Mitsubishi's Passion Red (P1662a), Scotia White (P1672a), Yellow Solid (P1677a, retrieved by ajns73), Red Solid(3rd medium shade, P1667a, retrieved by ajns73) and Pyrenees Black Pearl (P1703a and P1703b), Nissan's Crystal White (P1768a), White (P1804a), White Pearl (3P) (P1841a), Peugeot's Rouge Aden (P1982a), Renault's Bleu Methyl (P2116a), Seat Imola Yellow (P2160a, retrieved by segovia), Subaru's "WR Blue Mica " (P2209a), Toyota's Red (P2319a), Super Red II (P2325a), Super Red V (P2329a), Super White II (P2332a), White (P2334a), Dark Blue Mica (P2350a, 4th version!!!), Dark Green Mica (4th version too!!! P2353a), Red Mica (P2358b), White Pearl Crystal Shine (P2362a and P2362b), Blue Mica Metallic (4th again!! P2377a), Dark Blue Mica Metallic (P2383a), Green Mica Metallic (P2398a), Silver Metallic (P2422a, retrieved by ajns73), VW's Schwarz (P2511a, P2511b, P2511c: I had to tune my panel to see all them, and can't describe the last version icon colour compared to the others. Only paint result is noticeable), Black Magic Perleffekt (P2521a and P2521b: again, you need some sort of magic to see them).
Seat's car colour changed to Imola Yellow, in place of Imola yellow. Car also removed from collectable list.
Another 4 collectable cars (thanks to segovia): the Silber Opel Speedster Turbo, the Toyota SOARER 430SCV '01 in Black, the Toyota ALTEZZA Gita AS300 '01 in Silver Metallic and Toyota ARISTO V300 '00 in Silver Metallic don't gift their chips.
2.13 (14/08/2012) New paint chips: Flame Red Solid Vauxhall orange chip, brighter shade P2461a (the P2461 has red chip), Bluish Gray Metallic Metallic Toyota blue-grey chip, darker shade P2379a (the P2379 has grey chip), Ruby Metallic Metallic Lotus dark red chip, same shade P1346a (the P1346 has bright red chip), Ferrari's Nuovo Grigio Ingrid new shade (P0675a), Ferrari's Rubino Micalizzato new shade (P0652a), 7 new Scion chips (from FR-S).
Removed chip: Seat Imola yellow P2160a.
Fixed: Ford GT '02 (yellow / black stripes) is untradable like the other livery version.
Two new collectable cars and the Seat again, all not gifting chips: Toyota PRIUS G Touring Selection (J) '03 White Pearl Crystal Shine and Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 Vivanitgrün, plus the (again) Seat Ibiza Cupra in Imola Yellow.
Added new cars: Scion FR-S '12 (7 colours), Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy) ’11, Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (GT Academy) ’02, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II (GT Academy) ’94, Nissan 370Z (GT Academy) ’08, Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür (GT Academy) ’02, Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy) ’12, Nissan GT-R Black edition Tuned (GT Academy) ’12, Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) ’08
2.14 (29/10/2012) Added new DLC cars: Subaru BRZ S '12 (7 versions), Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11, Nissan GT-R N24 GT ACADEMY '12. Added OCD PSP-imported standards: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69, Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe '54, TVR Tamora '02, TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00.
Added new Subaru chips: Crystal Black Silica (P2194a), Galaxy Blue Silica (P2195a), Dark Gray Metallic (P2213a), Sterling Silver Metallic (P2216a).
2.15 (2/01/2013) Collectable cars list fixed: Toyota Altezza AS 200 Silver Metallic added (doesn't gift chip), as well have been added all new S/P cars in their standard versions (Elise 111R and Esprit '02). Removed: Audi quattro, 2CV, Xsara VTR, Panda, Element, Today, Lancer Evo VIII GSR, Alto Works RS-Z, Wagon R-RR.
New cars added: standard Lotus Elise 111R (12 versions) and Esprit '02 (13 versions); DLC Chevrolet Corvette C7 Test Prototype '12 (C0761a) and 2014 Corvette Final Prototype (C0655a and C0655b).
New paint chips added: Lotus Racing Green Metallic paint, light icon chip (P1335a), a new version of Mitsubishi's Passion Red (P1663a, chip name has a blank space after the 'd' of 'Red'), a new version of Nissan Spark Silver Metallic (P1914a, same shade as P1914 but lighter grey icon), new Chevy C7 paint chips 'Torch Red' (P0389a, darker shade than P0389) and 'Cyber Gray Metallic' (P0413a, darker shade than P0413); after last GT5 update, the Toyota 86 GT gifts all its chips: added Lightning Red with P2315a code, and a darker Orange Metallic (P2412a).
Strange behaviour for the Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54B) '67 (C4204 and C4205): in the Garage Menu are still shown as Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-B (S54A) '67. The same issue you have with PP update.
2.16 (WIP) Found new Super Bright Yellow chip (Toyota P2324a); deleted Black Magic Perleffekt entry nr. P2521a; new Chevrolet Cyber Gray Metallic chip (P0413b); new Daihatsu White chip (P0521b); new Hyundai Mystic Teal (P1066a); new Infiniti Black Obsidian (P1070a). New collectable cars, all because cannot be repainted in their original colour: Celica ST162 (lose stickers if painted), Celica ST165 (lose stripes if painted).... and the RS4 Misano Red Pearl Effect (doesn't gift its chip).
Fix paints from cars sourcing, check if there are more collectable cars never reported, fix UCD sourcing.

To do list:
- Car variations: is list complete? Are there more cars than doesn't gift you a chip? Are there more collectable cars? These questions still need an answer. As UCD lists progresses I will also fill with more 'Yes' the UCD columns.
- Chips database: is list complete? I also have to arrange the 'notes' column: still have a lot of paints that must be checked, and want a better way to present different chips with same name. Car sources: it's a static implementation, as I tried a dynamic one and sheet was way too slow. I also have to find a way to show you which cars provide you a given chip without having to sort 'car variations' tab.
- very late: a VISUAL database, showing you a sample car painted in all available colours.
- 2.15 issues fixing.

If you want to contribute in any way, or just suggest features or reporting errors, I would be glad of it.

Links:
GT5 Car Catalogue 2.15 - Google Doc format
GT5 Car Catalogue 2.15 - HTML preview
GT5 Car Catalogue 2.15 - Open Document Format (Openoffice/Libreoffice): coming soon

Last edited:
You need a special GT Planet award for this, as do the other key members who do more than prattle on keyboards like I do. ;)

that's why you wanted AAA last standard paints before like a month in the marketplace 💡

Great work 👍

This must be stickied in its 1st day

Thanks to all for the warm welcome of this work.

that's why you wanted AAA last standard paints before like a month in the marketplace 💡

You can bet it ;)

I'm opening a 'help me' thread in Q&A section, to add all the new DLC kart colour variants.

Whats a collectible car?
You are aware that all premium car combination are accessible every time you need through NCD. And once you collect all standard models from UCD, trading or prize cars, and have the correct chip, you can 'see' every standard combination for say, shoot a photo.
False.
You can have a 100% garage in game, but there are 525 original car variations (+ DLC karts) you can't have in game through painting. Details about all categories, and car list, are in the sheet, in Ownership Breakdown and Instructions tab, respectively.

As I've already mentioned, brilliant work, Duck 👍

About the DLC karts - are there more colours than the ones available in Arcade Mode? Since they were all added to the choices in there before the DLC was even available, I would assume that was their entire palette.

Glad I could help, and glad someone has picked up where I left off and improved it all, this is an incredibly handy tool for many users!

As I've already mentioned, brilliant work, Duck 👍

About the DLC karts - are there more colours than the ones available in Arcade Mode? Since they were all added to the choices in there before the DLC was even available, I would assume that was their entire palette.

Glad I could help, and glad someone has picked up where I left off and improved it all, this is an incredibly handy tool for many users!

Thank you SlipZtrEm ;)
Also, I never thinked about DLC karts arcade availability. I'll keep an eye this evening.

Some cars have stripes listed, can you put the the colors of the stripes in?
As far as I know, no, but unsure about what you are asking for.

You can't use a paint chip just for stripes. Some striped cars are unpaintable (standard ones listed under collectible ones), in others applying the paint chip destroy striped livery.

I only know about a paint chip with stripes inside, but never tried it:
Le Mans Blue With Red And Silver Striping (Metallic, Chevrolet)

You can get one buying proper Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 in NCD

Wow, that is a huge/epic project you have there Duck. That is awesome.

Now who has all of these cars in all the color variants? Who has photos of all these as well? Does anyone have photos of all the gear? Let the race begin. ;)

Again, well done Duck. You deserve a handsome reward. I'll contact you when I am free and send something nice.

Not sure about taking photos of all car variants. It's beyond my game concern. But I'm thinking about sampling all the paints applying on a car of my taste ;)

Duck
But I'm thinking about sampling all the paints applying on a car of my taste ;)

The car would weight an extra 1500kg if you used every paint on it. ;)

I didn't go through the full list. What did you think was the dumbest name for paint that you can recall? Beryl? Black?

As far as I know, no, but unsure about what you are asking for.

You can't use a paint chip just for stripes. Some striped cars are unpaintable (standard ones listed under collectible ones), in others applying the paint chip destroy striped livery.

I only know about a paint chip with stripes inside, but never tried it:
Le Mans Blue With Red And Silver Striping (Metallic, Chevrolet)

You can get one buying proper Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 in NCD

I got that from a level 9 ticket, so thats no problem, I can try it.

What i meant is if you can add the striping colours for the paint chip on the car. For example (this is what i heard) the black AC 247 has got gold stripes. After the car it says it has got stripes. But, you can add the colours of the stripes too.

Just an FYI...painting a car Le Mans Blue With Red And Silver Striping will net you a Le Mans Blue car with no stripes. Tried that one a while back.

I got that from a level 9 ticket, so thats no problem, I can try it.

What i meant is if you can add the striping colours for the paint chip on the car. For example (this is what i heard) the black AC 247 has got gold stripes. After the car it says it has got stripes. But, you can add the colours of the stripes too.
You are right about the AC: Guardsman blue is white striped (as far as I know, I'm looking for that car), and black has gold stripes. In this initial release I only added striping info when stated in the paint name, or when the car hadn't paint name. I'll add more striping info for the car I own, and for premiums, in brackets.
Just an FYI...painting a car Le Mans Blue With Red And Silver Striping will net you a Le Mans Blue car with no stripes. Tried that one a while back.
Good to know.

You are either very patient or unbelievably stubborn, or both! Wonderful job, bravo!
We long waited this game. I think all GT5ers are stubborn :D

Back