GT5 unreleased "playable" stuff.

• Thread starter Mekanaizer
  • 150 comments
I have taken some time to take a deep look at almost all released GT5 material (pictures and videos) and there's lots of stuff in that material that didn't make it to the final release, both tracks and cars.

Here is a video that shows the NASCAR Cars of the 2009 season:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2uQ2ayvvWY
I would love to play with those cars.

And here is a very nice track that didn't make it to the final game too:
This video show a playground (track) that isn't in the final game. I want it!!! xD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6ED6z9a-g

A nice video showing more "unreleased" GT5 stuff:
More unreleased stuff, but to me the "pink flowers" track. What track?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-GgLX9QOH0

PS: I did a search and haven't found a topic about this NASCAR Cars or other unreleased stuff, if there is one delete this one and point me to the old one, thank you.

Last edited:
I have been wondering about this, I'm no expert on NASCAR, but I had noticed the ones we have don't have those weird wings like the ones in those in that trailer.

I believe if people didn't complain about "X" amount of Spec II NASCARS, Skylines, Miatas, etc., we might have even more cars for GT5.

PD did a last minute change to fit the new rules getting rid of the wings. But yes by some of the videos there were other paint schemes that we did not get. I would be fine getting some generic ones myself.

Gtuned
Oh, I'd love more Nascars, bassically everything pre-1980

Cars from the 1980's and early 90's were very cool. Plenty of great drivers to choose from. Darrel waltrip, Dale Earnhardt, rusty Wallace, the just goes on and on. They weren't all the same either, as they had different bodies. So there were big perfomance differences between brands too.

What would the Petty family cars do to GT5? xD (very big smile here)
I wonder if Kaz knows the importance of the Petty name for the NASCAR world/fans?

They weren't all the same either, as they had different bodies.

Yeah, but after every race someone would complain that too many Fords or Chevys or Pontiacs, et al. ran too fast, so NASCAR had to make a call if there was a modification that needed to be made either to the faster cars or the slower cars just because of wind resistance. It was better than any soap opera.

NASCAR practically did away with that process when they introduced the Car Of Tomorrow. Now everybody has the exact same shell to paint however they want. The only differences are the powertrains, tires, and drivers. The way it should be.

That track looks gorgeous! :drool:(0:40-1:24)

My hope is that it's a track editor course to be released in the near future. PD probably had it built up quickly for the Toyota occasion, but what could be incomplete in the coding to not include it in the full game? It was on the side of a mountain, and remember, they cut linear tracks from track editor mode. So maybe it's because it is tough to generate a continuous circuit when on the side of such a steep mountain? 💡

It looks like an Eiger-Deep Forest hybrid mix. I like it, but I doubt it was ever meant to be in the game. Probably just some nice little scenery.

Gtuned
Oh, I'd love more Nascars, bassically everything pre-1980

I'm not even a huge fan of nascar but i would pay to have the STP #43 Petty Nascar ( the Grand-Prix i think) from early 90's. Chevy Lumina "Interstate Battery", Mellow Yellow.

Let's get a "Days of Thunder" Nascar DLC pack with Cole Trickle racing gear.

Hmm. I noticed most of the tracks are in the game. Grand Valley, Fuji, London and the misterious track looks a lot like a longer version of Eiger. Looks interesting. And lets not forget that El Capitan was also made for GT5.

Did anyone noticed that this was probably the first time a Standard was showned?

Hmm. I noticed most of the tracks are in the game. Grand Valley, Fuji, London and the misterious track looks a lot like a longer version of Eiger. Looks interesting. And lets not forget that El Capitan was also made for GT5.

Did anyone noticed that this was probably the first time a Standard was showned?

In what track can I see that garden with pink flowers and that center water "fall" with a statue?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-GgLX9QOH0

It looks like an Eiger-Deep Forest hybrid mix. I like it, but I doubt it was ever meant to be in the game. Probably just some nice little scenery.

Grand Valley was mixed in there too. Not everything you see in the videos gets put into the game, sometimes they need an environment to show off the car (like the straight the X11 is going down in the Spec 2.0 intro). I know you guys would be excited for more tracks straight away, but, much like the RM cars, they'll release them as they're finished. I'm sure you guys will see the rest of the initially planned tracks be released as purchasable DLC over the next year. Personally, I'm looking forward to Pike's Peak :D

NickTune
0:27 De la sarthe with empty background!!??
0:57 El capitan

Piazza Del Campo kart track

That's how it was back in the 60s. Notice that the first two corners weren't there? The sharp left and right after the right bend.

I'm thinking of the wrong corner. Silly me. But it doesn't seem to have that much of a tight bend as the latest version does, I still think it's a 60s le mans track.

Back