Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW36Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as provided by ceiling_fan:

"The HKS CT230R is a purpose-built track car designed for hot laps on Tsukuba. Take it where
it belongs and blow away the competition. This is Time-Attack style event, so you must only
have one car in your shot."

CAR: HKS CT230R '08

gtp_cccl_rules_02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.
This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Yay! I'm in! :dopey:

Bmxmitch: :drool:

Thanks to those who voted for me!

Last edited:

Any criticism of mine? I'm trying to improve my editing, but it doesn't seem to be working :lol:

Yay! I'm in! :dopey:

Bmxmitch: :drool:

:) Thanks

I'm also kind of surprised that I already got 3 votes. This poll offers way better pics than mine (IMO), especially SMfan's damaged HKS! And the details in the background:drool: - got my vote!

:) Thanks

I'm also kind of surprised that I already got 3 votes. This poll offers way better pics than mine (IMO), especially SMfan's damaged HKS! And the details in the background:drool: - got my vote!

Thanks, Mitch. But I'm afraid my pic is all about realism and that's why it's losing to the more artistic ones. I may be wrong though.

I am away for the weekend so in my absence SVX will handle declaring the winner and contacting them for the next theme. I will be back just in time to start the next poll and competition thread.

Any criticism of mine? I'm trying to improve my editing, but it doesn't seem to be working :lol:

If you want my opinion the picture is just too saturated. With regards to the actual theme I thought you did a better job than Andrea though.

It has great color. The arch in the back is good but everything is just too plain. The flat road at the bottom, the car is in the middle, then sky at the top. Its too plain and simple and ordinary. Well done but too ordinary and plain.

With regards to the actual theme I thought you did a better job than Andrea though.

Meh, I wouldn't really want to compare his shot to the one winning seeing how the poll have several shots that are more similar Ferrari 458's entry.

Ferrari 458, I think you produced a nice image but it is kinda boring in my opinion. There isn't really anything happening, I would perhaps like to see another panning mode used. or a lower F-number for a more shallow DoF.Or a more radical approach to the angle. I think it feels a bit conservative. I'm sorry for just going right to simply criticize your image. I hope you understand what I mean. I took 24 shots on the day this theme was posted, but all my shots looked a lot worse than yours. :P

Sorry.

Meh, I wouldn't really want to compare his shot to the one winning seeing how the poll have several shots that are more similar Ferrari 458's entry.

Perhaps I'm one of the few that vote on an overall pictures portrayal of the theme. Andreas picture is certainly nice, but in my opinion does not fit the theme as well as many others. If all that was required was to post a technically brilliant and interesting picture then why have a theme at all?

I want SMfan's shot to win:guilty:

Sorry andrea:P

Until his picture I never even knew there were padded dunlop barriers on the circuit! Great photo. This week Brad got my vote though, very nice interpretation of the theme and a very well executed photo.

Perhaps I'm one of the few that vote on an overall pictures portrayal of the theme. Andreas picture is certainly nice, but in my opinion does not fit the theme as well as many others. If all that was required was to post a technically brilliant and interesting picture then why have a theme at all?

[perhaps some what reasonable explanation to why I voted for andrea's entry]

Well, there isn't really theme in that sense as in the PMC IMO, seeing how the CCCL allows for pretty much any interpretation as long as you use the correct car and track. I find andrea's shot visually striking and well shot while showing the apex of the corner. And it has taken as much editing as you probably could fit between the rules. It is a fantastic shot in my opinion, well worthy of the win.

[/perhaps some what reasonable explanation to why I voted for andrea's entry]

It has great color. The arch in the back is good but everything is just too plain. The flat road at the bottom, the car is in the middle, then sky at the top. Its too plain and simple and ordinary. Well done but too ordinary and plain.

Ferrari 458, I think you produced a nice image but it is kinda boring in my opinion. There isn't really anything happening, I would perhaps like to see another panning mode used. or a lower F-number for a more shallow DoF.Or a more radical approach to the angle. I think it feels a bit conservative. I'm sorry for just going right to simply criticize your image. I hope you understand what I mean. I took 24 shots on the day this theme was posted, but all my shots looked a lot worse than yours. :P

Sorry.

Thanks for the criticism, no need to be sorry Fishy, anything helps, and i reckon I'll go for something a bit less boring and conservative next time :lol: And i agree - my photo is nothing compared to Andrea's entry - his really is great - but Brad got my vote this week :)

Congrats, is this your first win in any of the comps, or have I missed you winning one earlier? Still, fantastic image and great work. 👍

Thanks jus, SVX.

Congrats, is this your first win in any of the comps, or have I missed you winning one earlier? Still, fantastic image and great work. 👍

No this is my first win. Now I can say, "finally."

Thanks mate and thanks to the people who voted for me 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back