Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW26Ban.jpg

Further explaination of the theme by nismo33.

"Chevrolet is 100 yrs old this month so to celebrate...... "

Cars: Anything goes as long as its Chevy
Locations: Daytona & Indy.
Phototravel: Indy Pit Scene.
Unique Restrictions: See above; Chevrolet at Daytona and Indy only.

SSC_Rules.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the Judges favorite 10 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

Last edited:
All great shots in this poll I guess I picked the wrong car.

that was actually no.11 mate it very nearly made it the only thing that put me off was how pale & colourless it seems

nato yours was up there too. Just so many great entries something had to give.

458 a bit too wonky if y'know what i mean. Had 3 or 4 pitlane pics & i had trouble concentrating on yours lol

Little dull on the color and the focus of the crew is off.

458 a bit too wonky if y'know what i mean. Had 3 or 4 pitlane pics & i had trouble concentrating on yours lol

I get you both. I didn't really notice the crew were completely out of focus until after I had sent the pic, which is definitely my fault.. :banghead: And yeah I get what you mean about it being wonky. Tried to go for an extreme angle because most of my other pitlane pics were a bit too boring, but it seems maybe I went too extreme :lol:. Anyway, thanks a lot for the comments, very helpful :)

Heh, guess I shouldn't have chose a red Corvette drifting at a Road Course. This was mine:

I was really confident my entry would make the poll...
Too bad

Needs a larger composition, more of the car. And I feel that the shot could've benefited more from editing, it was a 2.0 after all. And the cross-processing looks a bit odd when there's mostly tarmac in the shot.

Needs a larger composition, more of the car. And I feel that the shot could've benefited more from editing, it was a 2.0 after all. And the cross-processing looks a bit odd when there's mostly tarmac in the shot.

Good point about the editing. I'm not too much into editing so I didn't even think about the idea of competition itself.

Btw, that first post was not a complain, I liked the chosen pictures and respect the decision.

The Brickyard by RodsGT, on Flickr

I was really confident my entry would make the poll...
Too bad

I thought this picture looked awesome 👍. Of course, I am a bit color-blind, and cross-processing doesn't seem to change anything for me except make colors look a little brighter. I guess that makes my judgement irrelevant though. :(

On another note, I simply couldn't vote for the NASCAR photos because of politics. Sorry, I work for an office supplies company that isn't OfficeDepot. :D

On another note, I simply couldn't vote for the NASCAR photos because of politics. Sorry, I work for an office supplies company that isn't Office Depot. :D

Well I happen to find them lovely. :sly:

The other pics this week were great too though, a nice job by everybody! 👍

The Last Nascar one is very nice, and I do like all of the Corvette Pictures, but the Z06's one is quite amazing and well thought out. Could of been nice to see ZR1 vs. ZR1 too :P

Heh, guess I shouldn't have chose a red Corvette drifting at a Road Course. This was mine:

Imo Fishy, Yours should of been instead of one of the First 2 Nascars or the 4th Corvette

Looks like everyone is feeling a bit disappointed.

I'll post my failed attempt too :P

Sorry Klaus. It just did nothing for me at all. That may sound a bit blunt but i can offer no other explanation than that lol

Decided on the 2 corvettes 👍 although I think the OTT frame/border doesn't really do it any favours...still a nice shot tough :)

mine that didnt make it btw:

Good luck to those that did 👍

Decided on the 2 corvettes 👍 although I think the OTT frame/border doesn't really do it any favours...still a nice shot tough :)

mine that didnt make it btw:

Good luck to those that did 👍

Wow, can't believe that didn't make the poll....?

You really think the 2 corvettes is a good shot? Has anybody zoomed in to look at the poor quality of the picture, and your right that frame is very distracting!

Oh well, better luck next time :rolleyes:

^ Thanks :)

....and no I didn't zoom in on that pic ( perhaps I should've :guilty: ) but still the stand out shot for me.

And I'm not trying to hate, but it's the same things as with what i felt Nads did in that Fairlady Z poll with the currently winning shot. Please, view the full size. Perhaps not of all, but at least the one you're planning to vote on.

Well I full sized that pic and I don't see too much wrong with it tbh..... please bear in mind I'm only using a 15" laptop screen and only viewing it through the browser, so I'm happy with my vote 👍
Also I do look at full size images from time to time that are technically spot on but that does'nt mean to say its a good picture or it appeals to me in any way. Sometimes it takes something else to hit the mark :sly:

Please excuse the clumsy wording, I will just say that I think people generally have a tendency to not watch the full size. And to whoever is the owner of that shot which is pretty much complained at by me, sorry.

Please excuse the clumsy wording, I will just say that I think people generally have a tendency to not watch the full size. And to whoever is the owner of that shot which is pretty much complained at by me, sorry.

I'm totally on your side Fishy.:sly:
When I saw the pic in the 500px preview I first thought, :drool:👍, but after clicking to the full size version, I was like :indiff:👍

I don't want to hate on him either, it's just a general thing.
That pictures can look great in a 500px preview but lack in quality when it comes to the full size.
And thats in many other comps too. People mostly only vote for previews....sadly.

But non the less, it IS a good shot. I just struggled with the grain and high contrast. But thats just IMO, right!? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back