• Poll closed .

Müle

inhaler of the rifftree
Premium
Canada
Ontario
PURE | Mazdaspeed RX-7 Challenge | Sign-ups are OPEN

Qualifying Sheets | Official Points

Welcome, one and all to the brand new RX-7 Challenge series. This series will follow the same format as my previous series, the Integra World Championship, and Elise 111R Championship. This time, however, we'll be using the brand new, DLC Mazda RX-7 Touring Car:

rx7_chall_banner.png

rx7_chall_thecar.png

-The Cars are to be left stock. No aftermarket parts are to be installed on them. That said, open tuning of existing parts is allowed. Aero, Suspension, Differential and Brake Balance may be adjusted to your liking. In addition, Oil Changes, Engine Rebuilds and Chassis Maintenance are allowed as needed.

-Fully Broken in, they should be at 497 horsepower, 400 lb-ft of torque, and 607 PP with full aero.

-Racing Hard and Racing Medium tires are used for championship races. Both compounds must be used at least once during each race.

rx7_chall_rules.png

-All OLR Rules are to apply here. If for some reason there is a conflict between the OLR and the rules listed below, consider the rules listed below to be correct..

-Slight rubbing is inevitable, and is allowed, but intentionally spinning out or "punting" another driver is strictly prohibited. In the event that this happens, Time penalties may be assessed, and Grid penalties for the next race you enter may be assessed, or you may be excluded from the race results, depending on the situation the incident occurred in. Repeat offenders risk being disqualified from the championship.

-Accidents happen. If you make a mistake which causes another racer in front of you to spin out, you must wait for them to rejoin the track, and allow them to overtake you before returning to race speed. Failure to do so will result in a time penalty set so that you finish behind the victim.

-If you are caught up in a wreck that happened in front of you, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do for you.
EXCEPTION: If somebody involved in an accident rejoins the track without regard for the position of others, and causes somebody to hit them, then they are subject to the same penalties as above, depending on intent.

-Bump drafting down long straights is allowed, provided you know how to do it safely.

Lobby rules:

Race quality: High
Mic quality: OFF
Start Type: Grid start w/ false start check
Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Grip reduction: Real
Mechanical damage: Light
Visual Damage: Off
Tire Wear: On
Slipstream: Weak
All Aids Off except ABS

Race Information Rules

-Races will usually be about 100 miles long, shorter in the case of slower tracks like Tsukuba

-Both Tire compounds MUST be used for at least one stint. Violators will be disqualified from the race

-Obviously, this means that there is to be at least 1 mandatory pitstop for each race

-The pits will be closed from the start of the race until the end of lap 2, and will close again at the end of the 3rd last lap of the race. You may not enter the pits at these times, except for an emergency (example, you have run out of fuel). This is to prevent people from using the Medium tires for the whole race, pitting on the last lap for Hards.

-Open practice is allowed upon entry of the room. The race room will be open at around 3:00 PM.

-If you have an issue with another driver, please send them a PM. If you cannot reach an agreement, contact a steward.

-If you disconnect during the race, you will be marked with a DNF. You will receive points if you complete 25% of the race distance

-If for some reason your game glitches, and holds your car in the Pit lane, or does not give you control of your car following a pitstop, there is nothing we can do for you. Treat it as if were a real life mechanical problem.

-The race start can be called off and restarted if people get "blackscreened."

rx7_chall_qandgrid.png

Week long, 4-lap qualifying will be used to sort the grid for the race

-During the week before a race, a driver may ask a Capable Host to qualify him
-The Host makes a room, sets the laps to 4, and sets everything else to the standard lobby rules.
-The driver enters the track, and the host starts the race.
-Laps 2 and 3 of the race count as the two hotlaps. The fastest of these laps is your qualifying time.
-The deadline for qualifying is Sunday, at 3:00 AM EST (Midnight PST, 8:00 AM GMT). Drivers may qualify after the deadline, but will take a 2% time penalty.
-After the Race room is open, no more late entries will be accepted. If there is still room, those who wish to race and haven't qualified will start at the back.

-When it is tome to start gridding, the host will Reset the track, then call everyone on the track in their qualifying order.
-DO NOT JOIN THE TRACK UNTIL THE HOST CALLS YOU
-Drivers will line up at a specified place on the track.
-The host will check that the order is correct before starting the race
-If you are not in your quali order when the race starts, leave the track, SAY SO!
-If you "blackscreen" and miss the start, Leave the track and SAY SO!
-If the host says "Leave track," leave the track and we will try again.

rx7_chall_schedule.png

Race 1: Fuji Speedway GT
Date: January 22th
Distance: 36 laps
Winner: R1600Turbo

Race 2: Special Stage Route 5
Date: January 29th
Distance: 41 laps
Winner: NEPALII

Race 3: Le Mans Enduro
Date: February 5th
Distance: 23 laps
Winner: Wardez

Race 4: Tsukuba Circuit
Date: February 12th
Distance: 67 laps
Winner: R1600Turbo

Race 5: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course
Date February 19th
Distance: 28 laps

Race 6: Suzuka Circuit
Date: February 26th
Distance: TBD

rx7_chall_signups.png

-Please use the following format when signing up. Failure to do so tells me that you have not read this post, which is bad.

Code:
#[number]: GTPlanet Username (PSN Tag): Body Colour / Wheel Colour

-Every number can only be used once, on a first come, first served basis.

Example:

#93: MÜLE_9242 (MULE_9242): GT POLARIZED 008 / Silver

-Graphics by R1600Turbo
-Do not reproduce the contents of this post in any way, shape or form.

Last edited:
rx7_chall_entries.png

NOTE: I have purged the entry list to only include those who have attempted to participate in at least 1 race so far. All other numbers of those who have previously registered, and failed to show up for a race are up for grabs. Those who have failed to show up may still show up for a race, at which point they will be re-added to the list.

#1: OwensRacing
#2: GTP_CSL
#4: outlaw4rc
#6: Nic-KL
#7: Hancoclc
#9: Paginas1
#11: Wardez
#13: RedReevos
#16: carracerptp
#23: Scanny_Flick
#27: GV27-
#28: GTP_cicua
#30: NEPALII
#32: Grayfox32
#33: R1600Turbo
#43: GTP_LancerEvo7
#72: A1-242
#77: GTP_Litchi
#93: MULE_9242
#96: El_Aliens69
#98: paulmac2k9

Last edited:
yes
#11: Wardez (Wardez): Yellow / green

Really like the new approach you've got there. I was thinking about this series yesterday since you mentioned wanting to make it and thought, " Yeah, but I kind of don't want to just do the same old thing racing-wise" this is great 👍, and a short schedule, which is perfect. Don't know about having Laguna in though, since it seems more glitchy than it used to be. I think Tsukuba should be in its place. I'm also indifferent to GVS... maybe a different fictional track? Cape Ring Inside would be awesome in these cars.

Oh and can we drop one round or two?
And we will not be able to drop the last round like in the Lotus series?

Also, I think it may be better to only do five weeks instead of six, just sayin'.

Last edited:
I'll definitely take all of that into mind. What's become so glitchy about Laguna all of a sudden? I haven't noticed anything myself.

I'm up for this yet allowing modification should be considered. I added engine tuning to it already, but dropping the hp to stock is always achievable. Maybe you can reconsider as I'm not trying to purchase the dlc all over again. Also adjustable LSD can play a good part in your car's handling.

#83/ freshseth83/ color- Matte black

#33: R1600Turbo (R1600Turbo): Imola Orange Pearl / Gold

I'm up for this yet allowing modification should be considered. I added engine tuning to it already, but dropping the hp to stock is always achievable. Maybe you can reconsider as I'm not trying to purchase the dlc all over again.

Doesn't matter if you power limit the car, restricted tuning still won't let the car on track.

Even if you power limit it, you'll still have more Torque then everyone else, thus you still have an advantage. Just wait until the update when you can buy the car with in-game credits.

Also, depending on how many sign-ups we get, we may have to revert back to 4-lap live qualifying, or open up a 2nd division ala FMSC. That completely slipped my mind, honestly.

I'm up for this yet allowing modification should be considered. I added engine tuning to it already, but dropping the hp to stock is always achievable. Maybe you can reconsider as I'm not trying to purchase the dlc all over again.

I've done the same m8 but I'm pretty sure in the next update you'll be able to buy the car again from the dealership. If you can then....

#86, Greennarcotics (Greennarcotics) Black/Green or Green/Black (TBD :P)

@R1600- Which is why I said he should reconsider? A spec series does nothing for tuners when you can't change settings of your car. Thats also what happens with restricted tuning.

@R1600- Which is why I said he should reconsider? A spec series does nothing for tuners when you can't change settings of your car. Thats also what happens with restricted tuning.

Brings out the best in each driver, IMO.

Depending on what time, I would love to do this series! This car is so much fun; I think tuning should be allowed, but leave the cars with the stock parts on it. Of course the final say is up to you!

#13: VELOCI_2NR (VELOCI_2NR): Orange / unsure what wheel color.
I just love that stock orange :P

Very little real life race series restrict you from suspension settings. Having all the same cars is 1 thing, but taking away setups kinda seems 'bland' IMO.

The car drives beautiful completely stock. Would love for it to be a true spec. series.

Glad to see you again Veloci.

Time's 4EST on Sunday.

Very little real life race series restrict you from suspension settings. Having all the same cars is 1 thing, but taking away setups kinda seems 'bland' IMO.

Hasn't been bland at all in FMSC, it usually provides for really incredibly close and sort of relaxed racing in that you don't have to worry about someone having a better tune than you.

I really don't get why people like to kill themselves over finding a good tune for their cars. The best tunes, unless they're pure exploits, really only give drivers like an extra few tenths in max. potential so it's not worth it in my humble opinion.

There are both sides to this argument obviously, so debating this isn't really going to help anything. With tuning restriction, every car is exactly the same, so the speed difference is smaller and it is up to the driver to get the car fast; however with tuning allowed, you can set up the car to your own unique driving style and therefore make the car better off in the long run. This will give a slight advantage to the people who can tune, but it gives a better car and more things to do over the test week than just run laps. As for the people who can't figure out tuning, this creates a need to tune and most of the other racer who do tune will be nice enough to help the non-tuners out.

I prefer Spec because if someones faster than you, it's becuase their driving better than you. Don't get me wrong I like to tune aswell but if were all in the same car with the same setup It makes great racing. :dopey:

Added a poll on whether to allow tuning or not, as I can see this being a hot topic.

In the hands of a good driver, they can get anything fast, so the only reason for tuning is to eek out those last few tenths as well as get good tire wear and balance to the car. I hate the way the cars drive on the default setups as there is so much more potential in the car, plus you can add downforce.

Put me down, not 100% sure, but I'll most likely come to the races.

#43: LancerEvo7 (TBD*): Cyberia Blue / Saffron Yellow

*PSN will depend on what changes the patch makes.

Hasn't been bland at all in FMSC, it usually provides for really incredibly close and sort of relaxed racing in that you don't have to worry about someone having a better tune than you.

Bingo.

Yeah, the reason why I'm leaning towards allowing tuning is simply due to the fact that you can max the downforce.

When I get home from work I'll take the car out again and do some testing before I make my vote.

I'm not the best tuner! By far! I just like my cars to drive a certain way. If we do allow it we should ALL share setups. That way no one has secrets. If it works for one person it may not work for another, just throwing that out there.

Hi, i would be interested in joining.

#72: A1-242 (A1-242): Matte Dark Green / Flourescent Orange

Everyone as of this post has been added to the entry list, except Seth, who didn't use the proper format :(

Off to work. Be back around 1:30 EST tonight.

I'm not sure if I'll be in it until you decide on tuning. Or if we'll be able to purchase the cars after an update, so I'm really just stating my interest, for now. :)

YES YES and YES! Count me in!! I was waiting for this and the chance of no tuning is even better!:cheers:

#30: NEPALII (NEPALII) TBD/TBD

Is this series "compatible" for European time zone? I'm not exactly sure what the time is, where those time zones are located.

If it is

#1: bombe32 (bombe32): White

Back