◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,829 comments
have put well over 20+ laps in at suzaka in the AEM practicing for tonights races and I honestly dont see how we are going to be able to race with the AEM s2000 because first off its a drift car and tuned for drifting. You cant keep the cars backend from underneath you it steps out. Im used to suzuka and love the track but with this car I dont see it being a clean race tonight plus im not used to drifting and im on a wheel. I think we should just use the 06 s2000 you might seriously consider it because these drift cars arnt made for grip racing especially for suzuka I think we will have cars and drivers all over the track it shouldn't take 20 some practice laps to set a hot lap. but with multiple cars on the track with same issues it will just be a headache
Its all about throttle control. Just remember slower Is faster. Easy in easy out and you will have better results.👍

Let me check my tires.

I love this car and combo with the sport softs. Good pick for me. Car goes exactly where I want it, when I want it. I'm confused.

I know I was running slow laps but that was more due to no wheel time since Tuesday. What are D2 times by the way. Not alienruss times.

Last edited:
ERMAGERD! That was hilarious. Just ran some practice with a few other SNAILs over in kcheeb's lobby. The AEM is a blast to drive around Suzuka, arguably one of my better tracks. 5 lap race. Lap 4 I turn a personal best, almost a second faster than my previous best, mostly, I think, due to a tip from Fastfox on when to shift it. Apparently, I wasn't paying attention to the lap counter at all and when I crossed the line at the end of lap 4 and saw the time pop, I, literally, threw my hands in the air and whooped it up. Car goes crazy and I'm wondering wtf happened to the auto drive. Car bangs off a couple walls before I realize the race isn't over and that's why I wasn't smoothly winning a race. Get all squared up and back under way and spent the rest of the last lap giggling like a madman and finished the race.

What a hoot that car is at Suzuka. This is almost certainly its death knell. I don't care for the Rocket at all. Mostly because the roof cam view might as well be bumper cam. Can't see the wheels/fenders, so can't really feel where the car is on the track laterally. It drives well enough I suppose. I just don't feel it. I know which combo is getting my vote and this also, almost certainly, means it will be sticking around.

Was doing low 09s by my forth lap (only did 5). This car goes pretty much where I want it, and I never felt like I was near its limit.

Love the combo!

I can't wait to actually race the S2000. I feel like much fun is to be had. Maybe something will go wrong for me and I end up at the back I the pack with no hope to catch up so I can have some fun. :sly: :lol:

Most turbo cars need to be shifted 500-1000rpm before redline for best power/torque. Very important!

I am indifferent toward the AEM. I just wish I could paint it.

2:07s can only come after practicing. I will probably end up with 2:08s near the end of the second race.

Just look at the power band young man.

Sometime way back, one of the guys in my division looked at the power band of some car and told all of us to shift earlier and it would help. It did.

How do I 'look at the power band' for I now only see it, and do not know what I should observe to make a different shifting technique.

Please illuminate me.

Signed,

Your padawan, Handlebar

Sometime way back, one of the guys in my division looked at the power band of some car and told all of us to shift earlier and it would help. It did.

How do I 'look at the power band' for I now only see it, and do not know what I should observe to make a different shifting technique.

Please illuminate me.

Signed,

Your padawan, Handlebar

When looking at the graph each solid line is 1000rpms.

I'm not an expert.

But I do know you have to keep your engine "inside" the powerband in order to maximize the potential for acceleration. If the torque peaks at 4000 and the HP at 7000, you must spend most of your time in that range, not trying to get to 10,000 rpm. The need to shift early is further enhanced in cars such as the AEM that rev high, but where the powerband drops off a cliff after reaching peak. Every second you spend outside the peak hp you are losing time and power.

Unfortunately GT6 is not finished, and doesn't give us the rpm for peak torque and HP. You have to sort of do the math by looking at the graph.

In the case of the AEM, and I didn't really take a long look or run many laps, but I think peak HP is about 7000 and it drops like a cliff, so shift soon after 7000. Testing would help fine tune the shift point.

Something like that.

I remember a Sunday night a few months back where I went from 3rd to 1st well before the first corner, simply by shifting 2000rpm sooner than everyone else. I'm sure everyone (including fastfox) were scratching their heads.:cool:

Last edited:
Hooker, for what I had the chance to watch, you definetly have good pace. I really think you are fast enough to be in D3. The thing is, I don't know about your consistency, how often you keep that pace and finish races in top positions. As soon that starts happening you will be in a
I have put well over 20+ laps in at suzaka in the AEM practicing for tonights races and I honestly dont see how we are going to be able to race with the AEM s2000 because first off its a drift car and tuned for drifting. You cant keep the cars backend from underneath you it steps out. Im used to suzuka and love the track but with this car I dont see it being a clean race tonight plus im not used to drifting and im on a wheel. I think we should just use the 06 s2000 you might seriously consider it because these drift cars arnt made for grip racing especially for suzuka I think we will have cars and drivers all over the track it shouldn't take 20 some practice laps to set a hot lap. but with multiple cars on the track with same issues it will just be a headache
generally I'm seldom happy with a combo that is chosen and always Hate it at first, the key is to open the mind and go for it!
Practice and then Practice!, seems every car I start off hating gets voted off just when I get used to it!

Last edited:
Yeah but you do it so your in control. You can't just go as fast as the car can through turns if it means your going to lose control of it. I also dont see how that point proves that they aren't the same thing.

Yeah but you do it so your in control. You can't just go as fast as the car can through turns if it means your going to lose control of it. I also dont see how that point proves that they aren't the same thing.
What do your lap times look like bathe car is capable of putting smooth laps in the 2:06s

I can't remember I haven't looked at my lap times much. My point was that you have to maintain control of the car. You can push it as hard as you can as long as you can control the car. So if you are losing control you need to slow down and maintain control in order to be faster in the turns and avoid scrubbing off speed.

I managed a 2:07.5xx and I was shifting as close to 8k as I could hear it. Perhaps even shifting a bit earlier than 8k will get a bit more torques out of it and quicker acceleration. Something else I've noticed with some cars equipped with a turbo is, the boost falls off the farther into the RPM range you go so short shifting a turbo may even be a general rule to go by. The AEM doesn't suffer a huge falloff but it does reduce boost some as you run up the engine. I'm sure some of the real motor heads can explain or refute this better than I.

Back