Tt. & dt. 25

• Thread starter Clio182
  • 233 comments
@ Eclipsee - Thank you Ramon! I didn't even think to use the active steering. Genius to put the car on full loose and then turn on the AS. I finally managed to hit the '59s. Thanks mate, and Merry Christmas!👍:)

...even if I know you're not a great believer for a tune to make miracles.

This tune definitely is miraculous! :eek: Here's my progress:

Stock suspension, custom gearing, full aero --> 2'00.419
My own "tune" --> 2'00.329 (yes, my tune is a very big laugh! :D)
Ramon's tune --> 1'59.777

Thank you, Sir! :bowdown:

4th at the moment using parts of Ramon's tune..
Thanks for that.👍

Last edited:
My times aren't great, but not all GT racers are at the top I guess.

Logitech GT Pro
Time: 37.803
A-Spec level: 27

Aero 35/60
LSD front 5/20/10 rear 10/40/20
Suspension:
60/0
20.0/5.0
8/3
6/1
7/1
1.4/1.3
-0.20/-0.10
Brakes 8/10
Gearbox:
First of all set final gear to 3500, later, max speed to 200 km/h and later ...
2500 (final gear)
Active steering ON is 0.4~0.5 seconds faster than active steering OFF with this setup.

thanks for sharing this, took 1.1 seconds off 👍

Thanks for posting your tune Ramon 👍

Using your suspension / LSD I went from 2'00.995 to 2'00.529 - good for 69th at the time.
Chasing your Ghost is driving me nuts though (yours too Wes) :lol:

These are my settings for Kaz's GT-R TT#25:

Aero 35/60
LSD front 5/20/10 rear 10/40/20
Suspension:
60/0
20.0/5.0
8/3
6/1
7/1
1.4/1.3
-0.20/-0.10
Brakes 8/10
Gearbox:
First of all set final gear to 3500, later, max speed to 200 km/h and later ...
2500 (final gear)
Active steering ON is 0.4~0.5 seconds faster than active steering OFF with this setup.
There's an optimal 1:58.6xx in a brilliant lap, I haven't played with ballast yet, I suppose there's some tenth to gain with that too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012. :cheers:

Thank you, this helped big time as my gears were off.
Merry Christmas

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned it, but for the GT-R TT: Add a turbo and powerlimit back, it will make you A LOT faster.

I'm not sure if someone already mentioned it, but for the GT-R TT: Add a turbo and powerlimit back, it will make you A LOT faster.
Ramon has everything covered for this one 👍

Thanks for your kind words. 👍

BTW, I've missed some important info, do as many km's as possible (B-Spec recommended) to increase the BHP and torque to the max, I'm not sure how many but I would say around 400 km's, later do a change oil, I'm running with this:

503 BHP / 599 PP / 85.1 kgfm / Power Limiter 58.6% / High RPM Range Turbo Kit (#3)

I don't think I'll give it another try, I'm discovering the online races. :D

I had wondered if the mid range turbo would be a better option though.
With the GTR's tourque falling off from a low rpm, and the HP being flat due to engine power restrictions it seems like the mid range could be the way to go.
It also gives the car 602 PP with the engine restricted to ~65%.

Has anyone tried the mid range turbo with any success?
I'll try it when I can later today and see.

I had wondered if the mid range turbo would be a better option though.
With the GTR's tourque falling off from a low rpm, and the HP being flat due to engine power restrictions it seems like the mid range could be the way to go.
It also gives the car 602 PP with the engine restricted to ~65%.

Has anyone tried the mid range turbo with any success?
I'll try it when I can later today and see.

I thought the same in the beginning as well Hydro. I tried all different combos.. Engine stages, exhaust, different turbos, etc.. Nothing seemed discernible to me as far as a power advantage. The only thing that would change is my shift points in the different configurations.

But it is possible that it could make a .1 difference one way or the other.

Lol, just checked the leaderboard and I have fallen out of the top10.(even though my time is exactly the same as the 10th position) If you find a .001 difference Hydro.. thats all I need. :crazy:

I'm using the mid-range turbo now but no clue if it's any faster.:dopey:

Thanks for posting your tune Ramon 👍

Using your suspension / LSD I went....

At first I didn't noticed LSD settings at all, thanks for bringing it up! My earlier LSD settings were total ****, cutted my time 0.6 secs after switching proper settings.

Once again I must state my progression, so everybody sees how great this tune is, and understands how much difference good tune can make

stock suspension, full aero, custom gears - 2:00.419 (~one hour spent)
my own tune - 2:00.329 (another hour)
Ramons tune without LSD settings - 1:59.658 (~ three hours)
LSD settings included - 1:59.059 (20 minutes)

Using eclipsee's setup improve one second. Then I've just move camber +0.7F and +0.5R from eclipsee's setup and changed turbo mid range. Improve half second more...Now 2.01.4xx

I have no specific times, but in my case the High-RPM turbo was faster than the Mid-RPM. Maybe has something to do with how your gears are set up.

I just managed to silver the HSR(rev) DT was at it for a few hours last night in various cars and over the 3 sectors i reckon i have done a gold but just cant string my best sector points in a single run.... (golded the Nurb GP/F in a BMW M5 stock)

just edited to say im not bothering about topping the leaderboard as all i wanna do is gold the seasonal events.... (also scraped a gold at the kart)

I thought the same in the beginning as well Hydro. I tried all different combos.. Engine stages, exhaust, different turbos, etc.. Nothing seemed discernible to me as far as a power advantage. The only thing that would change is my shift points in the different configurations.

But it is possible that it could make a .1 difference one way or the other.

Lol, just checked the leaderboard and I have fallen out of the top10.(even though my time is exactly the same as the 10th position) If you find a .001 difference Hydro.. thats all I need. :crazy:

It didn't work for me (mid range Turbo) :(
Ran with my setup as-is, then tried a new transmission, and shift points, but it just doesn't accelerate fast enough.

I'm using the mid-range turbo now but no clue if it's any faster.:dopey:
If it does work, you certainly have a much better shot at proving it than I do 👍

0,34.4 on the kart trial is all I could squeeze out of it.
!st of my friends list and around 4800 overall.

2,05.7 on the GT-R N24 trial.
second of my friendlist and around 10.000 overall

I'm happy and ready for the new trials.

Bring on SPA with GT500 <= "wishfull thinking" ;)

i took 0.3 off using the mid range turbo but i reckon it had more to do with getting used to the car and track. it doesn't seem any different. 2:00.3xx so far.

i took 0.3 off using the mid range turbo but i reckon it had more to do with getting used to the car and track. it doesn't seem any different. 2:00.3xx so far.

I prefer not putting any mods on the car.
I don't car for normal cars, but for real racer I try to keep it authentically as possible :sly:

you should try it. if you have a 2:05 without upgrades you could get top 100 easily.

a friend also beat my time on kart-space, so I'll have a desperate dash at that l this evening, Who knows, I might try the Turbo then:tup:

well for the first time ever ive now managed to gold both events in the Drift and time trial.... and i think by a few points / seconds each event

Last edited:
Just noticed that the gap between my time and the fastest is almost the same (6 sec) on both tracks - seems fair for the nurb, but on the kart track...????!!!

Back