CLOSED: GT5 Photomode/Photoshop - Week 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Adelaide
Revolution52
42header.jpg

Hawker4 was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Manipulation Week.

iNs3CuRe scored his first win by taking out the public vote, and the theme he has selected is Classic BMW Love!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 40 Winner, iNs3CuRe:

I personally think that Kaz didn't give enough love for older BMWs. What I want you competitors to do is to grab a photograph of your favourite BMW, whether it is the E24, E30, E34, E36, E38, E39, etc. etc. as long as it from 2000 or earlier, and then photoshop the car into either your favourite photomode location or your favourite track against other cars.

And remember... be creative and have fun!

Remember folks, the BMW you choose must be from 2000 or earlier.

pscomprulesn2manip.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

Last edited:
Just a quickie - so it's grab a photo of an old Beemer (from the 'net or a mag - NOT THE GAME?) and shopp it into a GT5 pic?

This is going to be hard since it is the opposite of what we normally do.

This is my attempt titled "Another day in Ahrweiler".

FINAL ENTRY
anotherdayinahrweilerpr.jpg

Preview Full Size

Last edited:

BMW 3.0 CSL, my favourite BMW race car!
I enjoyed doing this very much, very good theme! :D

Last edited:
Wow, already 2 good entries. :drool: Grayfox you still have a lot of time, so you might want to spend more time on the shadows etc 👍

Wow, already 2 good entries. :drool: Grayfox you still have a lot of time, so you might want to spend more time on the shadows etc 👍

Still working on it.

That is my quick draft, when I get home from work I will be spending some time on it.

Am I allowed to make changes on my entry? There's something not pleasing to my eye about it.

... so put a real bavarian into gt5 ?

ohh dear lord thats easy !! i hope i get the time for this :D

It's easy - but to do it convincingly takes a bit of effort. :D

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with Nanabu. 👍

Final Entry

Just a quick edit for now

Click for BIG

Last edited:
Final Entry

Only click if you want to​

I normally remove watermarks but in this theme I think it's best to leave it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back