CLOSED POLL: The Photomode Competition 55 (W: DarkR)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 36 comments

THEME: Classic Muscle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk55.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by V8Loverrr:

This may or may not surprise you considering his name and his winning image,
but V8Loverrr wants to see classic muscle cars this week! As a twist, it's only
Photo Travel this week as well!

CARS: Classic Muscle Cars only
LOCATIONS: No tracks
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes, only
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See explanation

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

Poll News:

A slightly smaller poll this week - as I was collating, I noticed one entry still was an edited one (the GT watermark removed), even after I called attention to it in the thread. Another user posted two final entries in the thread, and while V8 may have missed that, I didn't, so both were removed. Besides, they both were too large.

Glad I made the poll. Voted for the last shot. I like the composition in that one.
Some people should learn how to read rules.

I'd like to get some C&C please on this shot :) I assume it was the slightly adventurous nature of the composition that caused me to miss out on the poll?

Some really great shots here, but really? I hate being cocky, but I think this is better than a few of those who made it...

I really need feedback as to why mine wasn't chosen for the poll, was it because the stang wasn't in the center of the pic?

Okay. How did that not make the poll? Easily one of the best shots. I love the off balance look of it.

Heh.. I find winning the poll exponentially more difficult than making the cut :(

Oh, and the Trans Cammer at Kyoto is amazing :D

I really need feedback as to why mine wasn't chosen for the poll, was it because the stang wasn't in the center of the pic?

Ahrweiler Gate by reverand33, on Flickr

It's because you don't have a stupid wheel reflecting in damm puddle is why you didn't get picked. The topic is muscles CARS and look what's in first place a disgusting colored Camaro barely showing with its wheel in the center, dimmly reflecting in a puddle. I never get picked. And many other good ones don't get picked either. I think they only pick people they know or pick previous winners. Half the other poll pictures are half a car and some strange filter that makes the MUSCLE car key word muscle, look like an exotic super car rather than the rugged primitive V8 it is.

Some really great shots here, but really? I hate being cocky, but I think this is better than a few of those who made it...

Not enough car showing. The bottom left is a big hole. Otherwise it would be one to compete.

I'd like to get some C&C please on this shot :) I assume it was the slightly adventurous nature of the composition that caused me to miss out on the poll?

I like this its different and very interesting. Better than some of the polls by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I please have a Feedback?

It's extremely dull. Just a square car with a dull orange, sitting on nothingness. More color would be make it work better and a better background. To keep what you were going for, just use some very simple plain scenery, like a wall or a bridge, something boxy.

Little to dark, would be better lighter.
A closer up on the car, plus some angle and a better depth (I sound like a dick for saying this, but like mine for example)
I quite like it, it should be in the poll other than the underexposed RM inside the Hangar, or the overexposed, cutoff Stingray at San Gimigano that is only about 300px large.
No real depth, the cobra blends into the plane and is quite dark.
Once again, should of made the poll. well exposed and a great realistic feel to it.

Selective color and not properly exposed. Selective color shots rarely make it in because the filter is quite useless.

But that's just my opinion, I ain't the judge.

I guess I have to agree with Dylan somewhat. I intentionally steered clear of any kind of obvious reflections because of the entries popping up already. If there's one thing I've learned competiting in these events though is that judging and voting are both highly subjective. That doesnt mean I wouldnt like a critique though ;)

: final entry :

shark

_ _

_ _

It's because you don't have a stupid wheel reflecting in damm puddle is why you didn't get picked. The topic is muscles CARS and look what's in first place a disgusting colored Camaro barely showing with its wheel in the center, dimmly reflecting in a puddle. I never get picked. And many other good ones don't get picked either. I think they only pick people they know or pick previous winners. Half the other poll pictures are half a car and some strange filter that makes the MUSCLE car key word muscle, look like an exotic super car rather than the rugged primitive V8 it is.

Calm down buddy. I've not yet made it to a poll, but I dont go around screaming injustice. Personally I think that a couple of my shots should have made the poll, but this is life. Sometimes it isn't fair. No need to have a stab at someone. Perhaps the judge had a certain thing in mind before the comp (Perhaps even a wheel reflecting in a puddle *shock horror*).

And, FYI on the "Half the other poll pictures are half a car and some strange filter" point, it's called art. Everyone has a different perception of it. Try taking inspiration from other photographers. Who knows, you might learn something

First off: Don't triple post, use the multi-quote function or Edit to add to your original.

In addition - yes, strictly speaking, many polls do contain previous weeks' winners. That's because a good chunk of the people here just consistently produce good shots. The bar is set high, but nobody is every guaranteed a spot. Though as I just put up the Best Of The Best polls, I can tell you that no one person ever dominates a competition - some users have have appeared twice in a single BOTB poll, but not thrice, and considering that nobody's won more than 5 times in PMC or 2.0 in over a year, that's pretty impressive.

Not enough car showing. The bottom left is a big hole. Otherwise it would be one to compete.

It's extremely dull. Just a square car with a dull orange, sitting on nothingness. More color would be make it work better and a better background. To keep what you were going for, just use some very simple plain scenery, like a wall or a bridge, something boxy.

Honestly, let me start off by saying that I'm seriously just mad at your ignorance right now. Just a little warning before you read my post.

First off, you come out and act like you actually deserved to be on the poll.
You seriously need to calm down and accept the fact that the judge has his own opinion and whatever he likes goes. Is it because they like the shot, or the person? No one knows but them. And my photo made it out of the 10 times I tried to get in a poll. 2/10 = 1/5 chance of me going in. And to be honest, I get pretty frustrated when I get in a poll with a picture I did not like myself (this one for example, it's too dull and dark). Yet you do not see me expressing my anger through reviewing other people's (great) shots and just verbally abusing them. Instead of bashing the people who make the poll, work on your "photomode 1337 skillz" first.

RedBullHangar-7_1-1-1.jpg

Do you want to know how it feels to be wrongly criticized and bashed on? I'll show you.

It's too dull and boring. The car is painted with an ugly color and it's WAY too underexposed. Not to mention the fact that it looks severely misplaced and it looks off somewhat and the quality is something not to be proud of.

Here's how it SHOULD go.

You could improve this picture by giving it more exposure. The composition should also be a little better and you should pick a more suitable color for the car. The quality is somewhat OK but you should have made sure that the quality of the image should look great, too. Otherwise it is a good picture with good potential.

What I'm saying is that you really need to calm down before posting and be nicer on these forums. People here want constructive criticism not anger and hatred and bashing. Gtuned did a perfect example of constructive help and did not lose his temper/cool. And if you really keep up this attitude on these forums the moderators and the community won't be too happy. People get banned for this, you know. Just a little tip.

Love, kaede's shot! 👍

To Dylan, just like what gshkilla said, just deal with it! I mean, I mostly don't get into the poll. My Photoshop skills when it comes to 2.0 kinda sucks, but with a little hardwork, you'll make it! And also, don't be the judge when you're not the judge. It's the judge's opinion and deal with what you've got. If you want to be like one, like what Gtuned did, then do it, just don't say like "picture A should've made it when picture B looked disgusting!" In short, just chillax! :sly: We don't want another person to get banned for this! :scared:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes my favorite part of these competitions is reading the threads after the poll results are chosen. Lots of comedy here. :irked:

Regarding your pic Captain Roh - I like it. Nice use of aperture. I especially like how you've captured the beautiful lines of the Vette's body. I can't remember, is that a premium? 'Cause it sure looks like it. Each car has its own characteristics, and the Stingray is known for its feminine hips. You've captured them well. I love the look of the classic wheels as well - just the right amount of turn to expose them properly up front. Composition is spot on with the car situated in the lower left quadrant pointing towards the middle - makes the whole photo more interesting. As a photomode pic with no editing, I'd say this one is great. I'd like to see your edited pic of this. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back