VW Scirocco R, Golf R, & Nissan GT-R Black - Wrong Transmission Models

• Thread starter absjazz
  • 9 comments
ABSjazz
As a huge fan of VW's as well as the GT-R, I was very excited to get my hands on this new DLC pack with the Scirocco R, Golf R, GT-R Black, (and New Cooper S). However, I am extremely disappointed by the glaring mistakes PD made when modeling 3 of the 4 new cars.

It all comes down to the transmissions.

Both the Scirocco R and Golf R have been modeled with paddle shifters in the interior. The cars in real life only have paddle shifters if equipped with VW's DSG (dual clutch) transmission. This means they should creep forward slightly from a dead stop and should have virtually instant gear changes under acceleration.

Every other GT-R that has been in the game since day 1 has been modeled properly with the dual clutch system. They Creep from a stop, and has very quick, basically instant gear changes. The Black edition, however, has been modeled with a traditional manual in the game. The part that instantly gave it away was the huge pause in acceleration between gears 1 and 2. Try another type of GT-R and you'll see the brutal acceleration and seamless shifts.

It's a shame that these cars have been mis-modeled in what is otherwise a very accurate and simulation-like game. I have discussed these errors in some threads already, but I wanted to dedicate a thread to this to keep the discussion on topic (as well as highlight the issue in case PD monitors the forums here).

In any case, happy holidays to everyone! Enjoy your families, your friends, and your GT5 time! 💡

Just to correct you , DSG or Dual clutch transmission it doesn't necessarily creeps while stopping like Auto trans (in real life) take the gtr for example , if you stop the car on red signal for example you can take your foot off the brake and the car will stay as it is and it will creep backwards if the street is not straight just like a manual car sometimes though it slightly creeps if the AC is on sometimes not all the times depending on the place and the street .. Thats not our discussion now..

The main problem in the game is the pause between shifts !! That never happens in any dual clutch car ..

Just to correct you , DSG or Dual clutch transmission it doesn't necessarily creeps while stopping like Auto trans (in real life) take the gtr for example , if you stop the car on red signal for example you can take your foot off the brake and the car will stay as it is and it will creep backwards if the street is not straight just like a manual car...

That's not entirely true either. I've driven DSG cars and when you take your foot off the brake, 1st gear gently engages on its own and begins to creep forward. As long as you're in "D" it will do that. All the GT-R's in the game besides the new Black edition are modeled 100& correct and they do the same. Foot off the brake (no gas), and they creep forward. Obviously, hill starts might cause you to roll back for a split second, but the gear is definitely engaged.

As an owner of a car with DSG: It creeps in "D" but much less than any torque converter auto that I've driven. It's so gentle that you'll actually roll backwards on an incline. here's also a kind of neutral gap when you first engage "D" before it tries to creep.

Mine's the 6 speed wet gearbox version from a few years back, it may be different in the newer ones (I think there's now a 7 speed dry box version, can't remember which one the Scirocco R gets).

That's not entirely true either. I've driven DSG cars and when you take your foot off the brake, 1st gear gently engages on its own and begins to creep forward. As long as you're in "D" it will do that. All the GT-R's in the game besides the new Black edition are modeled 100& correct and they do the same. Foot off the brake (no gas), and they creep forward. Obviously, hill starts might cause you to roll back for a split second, but the gear is definitely engaged.

If you have driven DSG cars I have owned a GTR and my brother used to have panamera which is equipped with PDK gear and it's exactly the same as the gtr doesn't creeps all the time like normal auto car it feels like it's in N while stopping and i believe that the gear automatically engages N when stopping but when you start accelerating it instantly engages first without noticing that .. That's why it's dual clutch , the clutches are always ready for immediate response

I haven't said it never creeps , i said it's doesn't necessarily .. which depends on the car and the street .. What we all agree on though that it's definitly not like Auto cars which needs to be held with brakes ..

come ' on guys thats not our debate now , we are into the stupid lag between shifts ..

Last edited:
I've only tested the new GTR with manual/clutch but i did notice that it didn't creep as the others do. It's a shame they got it wrong, because from the way people are talking all through GTP it's not much quicker around a track then an 07 despite the statistical differences. Such a shame :guilty:

Last edited:
Fun fact: The standard Jaguars (XKRs + S Type) have properly modeled automatics. Forward creep at idle, no-lift shifting with RPMs being "dragged" down instead of dropped (albeit quickly), etc.

The premium XKs? Nope. Can't remember if the XF had it right or not but I don't think it did.

That said... DSG annoys me anyway. It's an automatic with all the disadvantages of an automatic aside from frictional losses and all the disadvantages of a traditional manual aside from time spent not transmitting power during shifts.

So this isn't the first time.

You gotta be careful making these claims on the internet my friend...

On topic: I've only tested the new GTR with manual/clutch but i did notice that it didn't creep as the others do. It's a shame they got it wrong, because from the way people are talking all through GTP it's not much quicker around a track then an 07 despite the statistical differences. Such a shame :guilty:

I dont wanna go deep with that off topic claiming thing , just check ur pm mate

Didn't mean to stir up any arguments or debates. For all intents and purposes though, I'm referring to the twin clutch transmissions that are modeled in the game. PD modeled the creep regardless of how true to life it may or may not be.

But the bottom line is that the new DLC cars do not have the proper transmissions modeled.

Bottom line is I'd be very happy if all DLC cars with dual clutch transmissions got around .1 second shifts without upgrades, and if the 2012 GT-R was actually a fair bit faster than the 2007 GT-R the way it is IRL.

There's a reason why the 2012 GT-R has such a big price increase over the first model year...

Back