POLL: Would you like to be able to create your own A-Spec Races

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 162 comments

Would you like to be able to create your own A-Spec races?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United Kingdom
London/Malaysia/Tunisia
Waizon/v8stage1/
What I would really REALLY like, is to be able to create my own A-Spec/seasonal events.

That the payout would be based on how easy/difficult the race created is. For example - start in first place, with PP vastly superior to the competition = very low payout. Start in last place, with PP equal to the competition = high payout. Wouldn't it be fun to be able to choose our favourite car, set it up to our preferred PP, and then select the circuit, starting position, number of laps, pick the competitors (some driven by our B-Spec drivers?) and their level ... I'd even pay for this as a DLC pack ... would you?

Maybe these could be shared, somehow, and become future seasonal events?

I would definitely pay for this event creator but only if the AI can be improved a little bit more and earnings can be made from it....maybe you could even share your events with other people and create a community events icon in GT menu.

I dont' understand how this is different than a good hosted online room? less the b-spec drivers

Not everyone wants to play online. I don't except for shuffle races because it's just a minefield trying to get a car to compete. One room is 500pp, the next is 520pp, the next is 394hp, then another is 420hp. I don't know how people actually get their cars to meet all of the different settings. Not to mention all the crashers and general idiots online.

So yeah, some people just prefer to play offline, as they always have.

This would be a pretty cool feature, but I think if PD were to do something like this, it'd be saved for GT6. But that credit cap needs to be raised, much higher...

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to set up my own 100 lap run at Spa, Laguna Seca, Daytona or Sarthe with the multiple classes of cars that are on track in endurance racing.

How awesome would it be running against 4 other GT1 cars while LMPs go blasting past you?

And I would love it as an A-Spec feature because it seems like almost every time I go online you get some punk kid going against traffic, or high payouts and four guys in Tank Cars blocking you so their buddy can win the prize. Or the worst is getting kicked from a room just because you beat the room owner. No, thanks.

For me, A-spec usually just becomes a place where I grind for credits after the first couple months. There isn't as much emphasis on A-spec these days, it's more about online. While I think A-spec does have a diverse range of events, I also think PD might have expected online to fill whatever gap there is in the number of events between GT4 and GT5.

Anyway... I'm not too impressed with how A-spec is A.I.-wise and I think that's the biggest, glaring issue if anything. If there is anything that could be said about A-spec or B-spec ultimately I think an Event Creator would be one of the more extreme critiques. Much rather them spend time and effort on other things.

fits nicely into my concept for GT6:

- every car accessible from the beginning
- A-Spec event creator when user decide what car he want to race in what condition and rules
- strong emphasis on online racing, time trial competitions, leagues, etc.

I dont' understand how this is different than a good hosted online room? less the b-spec drivers

I never play for long, I just want to load up a race and go, maybe do that for a few races and then move onto something else entirely. I've gone online a couple of times, but find it more frustrating then enjoyable.

Secondly, I'd like to set up races at Top Gear test track, or Spa, or even at circuits I've created ... mainly to race, but also to earn credits as well.

I would like to race againts my b-spec drivers on my own cars. ;) Hell yeah i would paid for it! The one make race are not so good. But wiht ruf yellow bird there is tire smoke in the air.

Yes! I would love to start a race in arcade mode!

Because that's totally the same thing, AMIRITE?

:rolleyes:

If you feel you must keep responding to new ideas that you don't like with pithy comments that you don't bother explaining, at least make sure your responses are accurate.

Because you can't choose your opponents online, nor can you guarantee a proper connection online, nor can you choose to do an online race with a good host anytime you want, nor can you always race online in the first place.

Last edited:
Pick the track. Pick the opponent cars (one by one). Pick their tyres. Pick their PP (the computer then based on that picks the tunning parts applied). Save event. Make the lvl requirement depending on the level of cars ussed, make the event rewards according to a formula like in online racing.

There, frustration free A-Spec racing. Not too easy, not too hard. Exactly what you want.

I don't think it's a hard thing to implement. Pretty please PD :D

Brilliant idea and I'm sure many of us have thought it but not very possible to have it...

I'd have thought that it wouldn't be a very difficult thing to add to GT5, the fairly regular seasonal events and the online lobby suggests that GT5 already has some sort of package that'd enable users to create their own events.

some of the races I'd like:

create a simple 5 lap event at Laguna Seca, TVR Vs Ruf Vs Ferrari Vs Lamborghini, start in last place

Quite like a 200pp 2 lap event at the Top Gear test track

Quite like to start in a lower PP car against more competitive cars, maybe start first, and try to finish as high as possible, maybe using the London circuit

How cool if we could use the F1 Ferrari cars, at Spa, Vs FGT, Le Mans cars, but start last, try to come first in 2 or even 1 lap
.... who wouldn't want to be able to create this type of event???

I would love to see this, but I'm not willing to pay for it, so obviously I voted the 3rd option.

Has to be option number 3 (though would choose 4 if I would have to)

What would be best is options for restrictions like car type & tire etc along with tracks and if its a championship. AI level is a must as I really want arcades AI in a GT Life set of races,

Would also be nice if you could attach prizes as well, even if its something small like a racing helmet etc

EDIT. Forgot, option for standing start as I dont want a chase the chicken mode like the seasonals

I'd have thought that it wouldn't be a very difficult thing to add to GT5, the fairly regular seasonal events and the online lobby suggests that GT5 already has some sort of package that'd enable users to create their own events.
There almost certainly is some sort of tool that PD uses to make events (and because of how events are set up in GT5, probably a more powerful one than previous GT games had), but I'd bet that they would have to do some things to it to make it user-friendly.

It's a very cool adition but is not really worth spending money on. A simple one like on GT2 would be enough for me but I wouldn't complain if they put more options. Number 3 for me.

All seasonals can be easily replaced by offline creator of races. But it will never happen because PD needs to keep people online.

I have been thinking about this feature for some time, it would be brilliant to be able to do this perhaps in the Practice section, where you can select your track and the participating vehicles you want in the race...now that would be entertainment! Happy Holidays all!!

So far, 75 votes have been cast.

nobody voted for A
11 are happy with getting seasonals and or racing online
64 would like to be able to setup their own events!!

This is an excellent idea. 👍👍👍

I'm not interested in playing on line. I'd love to be able to just pick something from my garage and create a decent race around it, and the idea of variable payouts depending on difficulty would be great too. That would be good incentive to make it honestly competitive.

I'm not sure I'd ever stop if this was an option. :dopey:

Thanks for the idea and poll.

Cheers,
Amateur1

This is an excellent idea. 👍👍👍

I'm not interested in playing on line. I'd love to be able to just pick something from my garage and create a decent race around it, and the idea of variable payouts depending on difficulty would be great too. That would be good incentive to make it honestly competitive.

I'm not sure I'd ever stop if this was an option. :dopey:

Thanks for the idea and poll.

Cheers,
Amateur1

Thanks

Awesome idea, man! I guess that waht you're suggesting is an Event Generator. I would love to have something like that where you can select each of your competitiors, set the PP, number of laps, track and another awesome thing would be to create a championship as well. But I would settle for a single race.

Oh, and this would be awesome in A-Spec and not in arcade. Just like in GT4 but with bigger cash prizes depending on the PP class and number of laps.

I don't care if they add it to GT6 or GT5, as long as they add something like this. As if it should be a DLC? NO! I'm not paying for a game feature.

Not everyone wants to play online. I don't except for shuffle races because it's just a minefield trying to get a car to compete. One room is 500pp, the next is 520pp, the next is 394hp, then another is 420hp. I don't know how people actually get their cars to meet all of the different settings. Not to mention all the crashers and general idiots online.

So yeah, some people just prefer to play offline, as they always have.

I'm with you there:tup:👍👍 I quited playing online since GT5P. It's not worth the effort.

Awesome idea, man! I guess that waht you're suggesting is an Event Generator. I would love to have something like that where you can select each of your competitiors, set the PP, number of laps, track and another awesome thing would be to create a championship as well. But I would settle for a single race.

Oh, and this would be awesome in A-Spec and not in arcade. Just like in GT4 but with bigger cash prizes depending on the PP class and number of laps.

I don't care if they add it to GT6 or GT5, as long as they add something like this. As if it should be a DLC? NO! I'm not paying for a game feature.

I'm with you there:tup:👍👍 I quited playing online since GT5P. It's not worth the effort.

Yeap - it seems that an A-Spec event creator is what 91 out of 110 votes are saying! 1/3 of votes cast are willing to pay for it!

However, everyone wants more content!!

I think we should also be able to save our created races and share them online like you can with tracks so that other people can race them.

First of all brilliant idea.

To be honest I am longing for event creator for last few months. That would add another year of gameplay.

And yes I would pay for it whatever the price. Because I want it so badly.

Online I play only in my league but thats like twice a weak and I am hungry for more.

Mery x.mass

Back