SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pspmcbannerwk47.jpg

Gtuned was selected as the Judge's Choice winner last week, and he decided that this week ought to be a Graphics Week.

Miklad scored a win in the public vote, and the theme he has selected is All Aboard!

Further explanation of theme, which is chosen by Week 45 Winner, Miklad:

Ah... what's going on with Board games these games eh?. They come in all shapes and sizes - from Doctor Who Monopoly, to StarWars Trivial Pursuit - so i'd like you take a board game and 'theme' it all things GT5. Top Trump GT5 cards? GT Chess? Anything you like really, but I'd love to see some box art please!

And remember... be creative and have fun!

pscomprulesn2.jpg

• Photoshop or another image editing program MUST be used.
  • Each entry must have some part from a Photomode picture from Gran Turismo 5.
  • One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
  • A preview image is not only allowed, but encouraged! However, preview images can
    not exceed 500 pixels in either direction. This includes borders or drop shadow effects.
  • Winner of the public vote gets to choose the theme for the following week.
  • Public vote winners also get to select the top 12 entries for the poll the following week.
  • When selecting the top 12 entries the following week, the theme chooser will also select a
    "Judge's Choice" winner, the entry which they feel has best captured the theme.
  • The Judge's Choice winner gets to choose whether the following week will be either a
    Graphics Week or a Manipulation Week.
  • A graphics week will be primarily graphic design and layout based, for example magazine
    covers, or movie posters.
  • A manipulation week will be primarily based on photo manipulation, for example creating
    race cars in game, or making multi-car composites.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!

pscompeditingn2.jpg

Being a Photoshop competition, there are no limits on editing. Use every tool at your disposal to
create the desired effect. Feel free to utilise HDR techniques, photo stitching, whatever you like!
Your only real restriction is that you must use some part of a GT5 Photomode image!
The main thing to remember is to be creative and have fun!

pscompdeadlinen2.jpg

Hmmm……
@Miklad:
Welcome Judge!
Since we have a Graphics Week I guess you want us to create sort of packaging or advertising for a game product. Otherwise with creating a board game it would look to me like a manipulation theme. Please leave some additional advice…

ninja edit: Box art!
Now I've got it!

Ahh I miss these competitions. Haven't got a PS3 and don't have good images to choose from the ones I have to enter... Good luck to all!

Ahh I miss these competitions. Haven't got a PS3 and don't have good images to choose from the ones I have to enter... Good luck to all!

You could always ask someone with a PS3 that takes decent pics to sort something out for you and send you the pic you want mate, That way you don't miss out :), That's if it doesn't go against the rules 👍

Hey, I'm thinking about attempting this week's comp. I need some clarification though, it says the entry must include a photomode photo. Does that mean I can also use a real photo?

Hey, I'm thinking about attempting this week's comp. I need some clarification though, it says the entry must include a photomode photo. Does that mean I can also use a real photo?

Yes, you're correct, you can use bits and pieces from as many 'real' photos as you like, so long as some part of the image is from GT5.

Good to know what everyone's looking for. Now I just need a good idea...

Edit: Miklad, do you like Star Wars Trivial Pursuit and special Monopoly's?

Hi all - sorry about the late response, been away for a couple of days.

To clarify - I'm just after a GT 'take' on any classic board game. Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, etc... anything you like really.

Can be Box Art, the board, a set of cards artwork - anything!

It must contain a shot from GT though. Hope that all helps. :)

2 fantastic entries so far - just what I was looking for. 👍

Hey, I'd really like to give this a shot as I have a good idea. Only problem is that I don't have photoshop. Could anyone recommend a good entry level program that's free? I've heard of Gimp before but I thought I'd ask the experts. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back