CLOSED POLL: The Photomode Competition 63 (W: BluckBoster)

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 44 comments

THEME: Advertisement

• [URL="http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6967/tokyor2465.jpg"][IMG]http://i1191.photobucket.com/albu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [URL="http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx304/robbzy88/AdvertOriginal.jpg"][IMG]http://i766.photobu

• [URL="http://imageshack.us/f/696/nrburgring24ha.jpg/"][IMG]http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1588/n

• [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/gt5_youngun_album/6856525925/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk63.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by f1_stig:

"I want to see cars with their logo on or near the track.
Two example are this or this."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
  • Do not vote for your own entry.
    [*]Do not try to sway the poll.
    [*]In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
    [*]In the event of a second tie or a tie in the final H2H poll, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
    [*]Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
    [*]Poll consists of the Judge's favourite 25 images. For H2H weeks, 12 per poll.
gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

I'm really surprised seeing the outcome of this poll so far, I think a few entries are getting way too many votes. And some really, really good ones from a more technical standpoint have one or zero votes. /rant

Anyway, I voted for Gtuned, who along with DarkR and Fido le Muet, made the best interpretations of the theme in my opinion.

I'm really surprised seeing the outcome of this poll so far, I think a few entries are getting way too many votes. And some really, really good ones from a more technical standpoint have one or zero votes. /rant
I have to agree, not to mention 2 with votes have no fullsize link.

Anyway, I voted for Gtuned, who along with DarkR and Fido le Muet, made the best interpretations of the theme in my opinion.

I have to disagree... it seems that when a newish member does well in any poll or even polls the poll gets ridiculed and made light of just because there are new faces that might not be well known or have as many contacts within the site.
Slight hint of nepotism me thinks,
and anyway isn't a little competition good for the members who repeatedly win, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. my rant over

Thanks for the votes :)

I have to disagree... it seems that when a newish member does well in any poll or even polls the poll gets ridiculed and made light of just because there are new faces that might not be well known or have as many contacts within the site.
Slight hint of nepotism me thinks,
and anyway isn't a little competition good for the members who repeatedly win, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. my rant over

Thanks for the votes :)

Oh really? Hmm.... I think that's quite an exaggeration. I think you'll see that there are quite a few times a while back there have been people who have won early in their "career" in these competitions. Why isn't the same thing happening in the CCCL poll right now? The one leading right now is fairly new to the photomode comps. And the times this ridiculing have occured, I can only believe it being more due to the general public voting for concepts behind an image rather than the images themselves.

I'd want to swap out a few images from the poll, especially the ones where there have been "track adverts + the names of the cars" combos, the ones lacking a full size view, which again is against the rules... I'm missing ShadowPeter, rpanico, bazylfox, crishan, Captain Roh (probably the one I miss the most), ZEROX, Nicknamealguem and nfsdids (slight underexposed, still poll-worthy) from this poll.

And finally, the one issue in my eyes with your entry which is leading over entries which have better main ideas behind them is the wheels. They should have been grey/white/or stock. Otherwise, I really, really like your entry. The way the Mercedes logo fades into the black is really pretty. But the composition is a bit... bland. Still, a completely and utterly worthy winner, just not the one I think should win. But who cares about what I think, actually? :P

Last edited:
Fishy I actually agree the combos that are a little vague could possibly be replaced with other entries, but thats a judges decision, One which you will have the pleasure of this week good luck it dosen't seem easy (good choice of theme by the way), and I agree that my photo is a little bland and possibly a shade too dark but it looks different on every monitor/tv, I had a few shots of the same composition with backfire and glowing brakes but they didn't stand out like this did, plus theres that slight hint of christmas about this and thats just weird,
I will take note of the wheel comments though i cant remember changing them? (just checked I did change them)
still 5 days to go and my fingers are crossed, It would be amazing if I won.

I loved it but I liked the product placement on the Red Bull shot just a touch more. Both Mazda shots were well executed.

A very striking set of images to choose from. I do enjoy just SEEING what people can do. I got into a poll for a change... :-O Not actually a first, but the Vote I've got is!!! :-)

D'oh!

Any feedback for mine please? (The Celica Rally car one).​

I'd want to swap out a few images from the poll, especially the ones where there have been "track adverts + the names of the cars" combos, the ones lacking a full size view, which again is against the rules... I'm missing ShadowPeter, rpanico, bazylfox, crishan, Captain Roh (probably the one I miss the most), ZEROX, Nicknamealguem and nfsdids (slight underexposed, still poll-worthy) from this poll.

I'm feeling this is a dig at my picture... Yes, it was a REALLY broad look at the theme, but isn't that why it reached the poll? Because it was a very unexpected interpretation of the theme, and not the more obvious way that everyone else has - for the most part Really well - used the theme.

If you weren't thinking about my mini here, then sorry. :scared:

Feedback?

this one was good, but the peugeot sign seemed a bit blurred. i don't know how a filter would have looked but I'm guessing a cool filter or a cross-prossesing would have made it better.

any feedback ?

the car seemed too blurred to me. the car also looked a bit dark so a higher exposure might do better.

6832382633_81fe0f8f65_z.jpg

Can I get some opinions or advice please? thank you

this was good. maybe a little underexposed. the car could have done better a bit closer

feedback?

the sign could have been closer. there is also a strait red line on the sign that just draws my eyes to it.

Feedback??

6831462899_d9fd21b7f8_z.jpg

this is a good picture but the reflections on the car where they werent supposed to be (like in all the intakes on the front) ruined it for you. I'm not sure if its the car or the paint that does that.

SVX
D'oh!

Any feedback for mine please? (The Celica Rally car one).​

as Jason_B said, the car clarity wasn't too clear. it could have been facing higher up (too much ground).

all of the photos i choose had fullsize links.

I'm feeling this is a dig at my picture... Yes, it was a REALLY broad look at the theme, but isn't that why it reached the poll? Because it was a very unexpected interpretation of the theme, and not the more obvious way that everyone else has - for the most part Really well - used the theme.

If you weren't thinking about my mini here, then sorry. :scared:

Oh no, I actually really like your image a lot. I'm more thinking about the Dunlop Blitz ER34 and Tonystew's BP RX-7.

Your car is immediately recognizable as a Mini, it's just too much in my opinion to have a dunlop sign + a car with no major parts of the car saying "Dunlop". Tonystew's image is really good, great filter use and good lighting... But the whole theme interpretation is a bit too vague, again IMO.

Oh no, I actually really like your image a lot. I'm more thinking about the Dunlop Blitz ER34 and Tonystew's BP RX-7.

Your car is immediately recognizable as a Mini, it's just too much in my opinion to have a dunlop sign + a car with no major parts of the car saying "Dunlop". Tonystew's image is really good, great filter use and good lighting... But the whole theme interpretation is a bit too vague, again IMO.

Phew. I do agree with you on that though. They're good shots, but not what I'd have picked with the theme. However, it is obvious why they're here.

Tonystew's image is really good, great filter use and good lighting... But the whole theme interpretation is a bit too vague, again IMO.

Thanks for the kind words. Even I thought it was a bit out there, but I didn't have time to reshoot. It seems there's been quite a few themes lately that are open to interpretation. :indiff:

Oh really? Hmm.... I think that's quite an exaggeration. I think you'll see that there are quite a few times a while back there have been people who have won early in their "career" in these competitions. Why isn't the same thing happening in the CCCL poll right now? The one leading right now is fairly new to the photomode comps. And the times this ridiculing have occured, I can only believe it being more due to the general public voting for concepts behind an image rather than the images themselves.

What's really strange is just this week (and it's been brought up a few times before), someone else has criticized the Photomode competitions for too much clique-ish-ness. Here, we get the opposite, sort of - that polls are criticized when new members do well, as opposed to the norm of people complaining when the poll is filled with too many familiar names.

We can't win! :P

My approach to the lack of full sizers is this: if someone refused to format their entry properly (with the preview image itself not being clickable to the full-size), I will still include it - but their full-view, obviously, won't be available. This is the case with this week's poll, even if the full-size view text link may even show up in the posts: if others can't be bothered to format their entries properly, when they have just the one to take care of, then I'm not going to do their work for them, when I typically have 40 entries and 4 threads to take care of each week. It's also unfair to the vast majority, who do it themselves :)

Poll News:
chrishan, DAMMnit - Please re-submit your vote choices in the thread - GTCHAMPION1 voted for his own image, and it has now been removed.

Poll News:
chrishan, DAMMnit - Please re-submit your vote choices in the thread - GTCHAMPION1 voted for his own image, and it has now been removed.

Why are damnin chrishan :odd:

What did he do to you?

:P

Poll News:

How do I do that??

I voted for the white SLS with the logo behind if that's what you mean (Sorry for not mentioning the author, I don't know how to see its nickname)

Just posting your choice like that is fine, if you were chrishan ;)

@SlipZ
Can't vote. Somehow it still says that I voted already. :P But it's cool, my vote won't change anything. ;) Thanks for telling though.

Oh, that's a limitation of the board software - you can just say which you'd revote for in the thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back