CLOSED: POLL: CCCL Competition: Week 53 - WINNER: DarkR

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 21 comments

The "Käfer"

• [URL="http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j470/Nato_77/Comp/Bern-Marktgasse_7.jpg"][IMG]http://i1087

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/30647921@N03/6838341492/lightbox/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
CCCLW53Ban.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as described by bmxmitch:

"How can I explain the little Bug in one word? hmm LEGEND! ;)"

CAR: VW Beetle 1200 '66

gtp_cccl_rules_01-2.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message.

This Thread has everything you need to know.

• Be reminded that only the Judge's favourite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.

Last edited:
I thought yours was a bit too dark and (especially) out of focus.
If you look at it full-view, you'll see that the front isn't focused.

With those two things fixed, you would've probably made it. ;)

Really a close one. I cant criticize too much, it just was too hard to pick the poll Entries.
Maybe one thing, the overexposed look made the background look a bit blocky.....maybe. It distracted me a bit and the car doesn't offer that much details to keep the attention on it.
But overall, a nice picture.

Feedback?

Nearly perfect! 👍
Just, why did you cut the back of the car out? It distracted me too much.
You got plenty of time to adjust the angle and everything, you should have seen this.
But, maybe some don't bother for this, idk. But for me the car should've been completely in the shot.
But other than that, I liked the shot. It had this vintage feeling! :)👍

Ithought it might be the focus thing, i kept hammering square on the front of the car before taking the picture but for some reason it refused to focus, ive never had that problem before.

If you zoom in really close on the car before hitting square you get a much more accurate focus. Some zooms tend to be more of a problem than others and this is the only way I know how to beat it.

Nearly perfect! 👍
Just, why did you cut the back of the car out? It distracted me too much.
You got plenty of time to adjust the angle and everything, you should have seen this.
But, maybe some don't bother for this, idk. But for me the car should've been completely in the shot.
But other than that, I liked the shot. It had this vintage feeling! :)👍

Thanks for the feedback :)

This weeks winner is...

DarkR

Congratulations on another win! 👍

Well done DarkR!
The black/white capture fits the car & theme very well – though I really do not like those wheels (just for that car).

Really nicely composed monochrome DarkR, perfect grey tones at that location! Deserved win, but have to agree with Raphaele about the wheels, OEM would have made a real classic 60's image.
congrats :cheers:
W.

First of, congrats DarkR! Great shot and a perfect winning shot for my taste. :)
Suits the theme perfect.

But there were quite a few I imagined as winning shots. You guys did a great job, yet again.👍

feedback?

Sorry Tuddle, totally forgot to give you some feedback.:boggled:
But better late than never, right. ;)

What bugged me majorly in your shot was the unsharp rear of the beetle. The picture looks nearly perfect. Colors, angle, composition, everything is great. Just too unsharp on the most important part.
It works as preview, but full-view it distracts too much.
Without that, you would've been in the poll too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back