CLOSED: POLL: PTournament: Semi-Final - PMC Side

PMC Side

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Portugal
Lisboa

sfrf.jpg

Third round of the Photomode Tournament. Make sure you understand the theme requirements of your match.
You can see each dashboard update by clicking in either: PMC or 2.0

PMC
[Click to raise dashboard]

pmcmatch1.jpg

Based on Bloc Party song Blue Light, show off the bluest cars around.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Cars must be blue coloured (any blue tone).

pmcmatch2.jpg

Take a photo of racing action between 6 cars or more.
CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Cars must be in movement. At least 6 cars must be seen in the picture.

ruleshz.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow rules may result in disqualification.
If you have any questions, please, send me a Private Message or READ THIS.

• Be reminded that this is a multiple choice poll. You can vote in as many entries you want;
  • Do not vote on your entry;
  • Do not try to sway the poll;
  • Do not post your photo elsewhere until poll closes;
  • Do not tell which is your photo until poll closes;
  • Only the 32 most voted will get through next round
  • In the event of a tie, host vote will be the deciding factor;
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting;
  • If there is any problem, regarding entries, please, report to me via P.M.

deadlineatnakl.jpg

[21.00 GMT]

Last edited:
Great shots in their own right.

ijkhk4, it's simple, it's blue, it works. I think the only thing that looks off and it's not, is not being able to read the hood emblem. Nice shot.

Honkydonky, you had a great run. I'm just not feeling the blue in the car. Bright metallic paint always helps in color themes. Also you went ballsy using a weather shot and there is some pixelation. I'm not tearing you apart just giving you some pointers for the next one. You did very good for your first PMT!

TH, it's lacking background but the devils are in the details that the cross processing brought out, and he used 2 six packs racing down the straight, he hit the theme well.

Boab's is great and he's becoming a master of the black and white in PMC. I just didn't feel it to be a racing pack as much as cars under caution. But it's a great artistic shot.

I was shocked not to see NASCAR at Daytona somewhere in that match.

Nice shot Boab - looks like I am going to have a tough time getting into the finals.
Yours is great too TH. It will be a tough and close match.

Boab's is great and he's becoming a master of the black and white in PMC. I just didn't feel it to be a racing pack as much as cars under caution. But it's a great artistic shot.

I was shocked not to see NASCAR at Daytona somewhere in that match.

Thanks for the review and praise Jason.
I was choosing between two shots, this one and another that was Nascar related. The first time I read the theme I thought of Nascar immediately and this is my reject http://www.flickr.com/photos/33195980@N03/7008256097/in/photostream/lightbox/

Great shots in their own right.

ijkhk4, it's simple, it's blue, it works. I think the only thing that looks off and it's not, is not being able to read the hood emblem. Nice shot.

Thanks Jason for the comment. Yes the Z emblem is too "3D" it is quite hard to get the Z completely reflect in the shot.

Well and truly beaten :lol:

I had a vision of what I wanted, a real vivid blue car on a bright white background to make the blue stand out, but just couldn't seem to capture it, if the car was stationary lacked impact, moving got the jaggies. I knew there was some but didnt realise how bad until I uploaded it and then it was too late to do something different.Don't think anything I had would have beaten ijkh's shot
anyway.

Enjoyed the ride, but the best man won! (thanks for the vote ijkh by the way 👍) :)

This thread needs more love, I looked here last night just as I was going to bed and there were no comments yet!
This was a very tough decision for both matches - you guys have all excelled. 👍
My vote went to ijkhk4 in the first match but only just, I really wanted to vote for honkydonky as I love his shot and could see what he was trying to achieve and he did a great job of trying to minimize the jaggies but in the end those few jaggies left distracted too much. ijkhk4's shot summed up the theme perfectly so got the nod from me.
Match 2 has two very different and excellent photos. My vote went TH's way on this one as the shot nails the 'pack' part of the "Racing Pack" theme and I love the tones brought about by the X-processing filter used. Boabdulrahman's shot is a work of art and beautifully composed, I would have actually liked to have voted for both but that defeats the purpose really. In the end the only thing that separated them was the lesser 'pack' vibe I got from Boabdulrahman's entry.

Congratulations Boab, I think both of us would have preferred to enter one of our rejects this time around. Go ahead and win the final.

tonilleshusband
Congratulations Boab, I think both of us would have preferred to enter one of our rejects this time around. Go ahead and win the final.

Thanks TH. I guess we both would've benefited from our rejects. ijkhk4 is a tough opponent and i'm sure it will be a great match.
Thanks for all the votes guys :)

Back