DTM - Assigned car league - Sundays 8pm GMT

South Africa
Herefordshire,
worduphomes
DTM - Assigned car league

• Do you love close exciting racing?
  • Do you have a decent collection of DTM cars in GT5?
  • Are you free on sundays from 8pm GMT?

If yes to those questions then you have no excuses and you must sign up for this series immediately!

What is it all about?
This is a series designed to artificially create very close racing, where drivers are ranked and assigned a DTM car to use in the series. Fast drivers get the slower cars and slower drivers get the faster cars.

But why?
The main reason we play GT5 online is to compete, and competition becomes more fun when the competitors are close to one another on track. Fast drivers will get even more satisfaction when winning races in inferior cars and slower drivers will get excited by the prospect of actually competing for victory.

How it works.
We already have a good idea of which drivers are in which league but there are still a few spaces in the league, so any new-comers will start in the meduim paced "Rubens Berger group".

The cars that will be assigned are as follows, in order, starting with the slowest car for the fastest driver and ending with the fastest car for the slowest drivers.

Fast drivers - "Sebastian Alonso Group"
capering2y.jpg

Limited to 595pp
Drivers:
Driverone0one
Canudigthis
Scalebreaker96

Medium paced drivers - "Rubens Berger Group"
Vauxhall_Astra_Super_Touring_Car_18.JPG

limited to 610pp
Drivers:
Sassafrass
worduphomes
RichBeck

nrburgringgpf3s.jpg

Limited to 615pp
Drivers:
AllyKH
Flanked
Willfred_1

Scenic view apreciating sunday drivers - "Damon Prost Group"

58501958.jpg

limited to 620pp
Drivers:
petrolhead
Rikkos187

NrburgringGP_D_6.jpg

limited to 620pp.
Drivers:
zuat
greestlightning

* The above cars and specifications are not final and may be changed according to the results.

Settings
- Fuel and tyre depletion - on
- All driver aids allowed
(but you get +20% points if you drive with skid recovery force off)
- Damage - off
- Penalties - weak
- Slipstream strength - weak
- Fuel and Tyre wear - on
- Tyre choice - any

How to enter:
Please register your interest by adding your name gtplanet account name and PSN id to the list below:

Canudigthis - canudigthis (steward)
scale96 - scalebreaker96
driver101 - driver101 (steward)
worduphomes- worduphomes (steward)
OneManRiot - AllyKH0882
Sassafrass_3 - Sassafrass_3
greestlightnin - greestlightnin
n/a - petrolheadka
Willfred_1 - Willfred_1
CaptainFalcon89 - C-Falcon89
rikkos187 - rikkos187
RichBeck - RichBeck
zuat - zuat

If we need to create a 2nd (or more) lounge then we will ;)

The lounge will open at 20h00 GMT (sundays)
Qualifying starts at 20h15 and lasts for 10 minutes
Racing starts thereafter

Race Format:

At each event there will be a qualifying session followed by 2 races of approximately 20 minutes each (at the same track). Race 1 starts in quali order and race 2 with rverse grid order based on the results of race1.

Qualifying: 10 minutes - Starts at quarter past the hour and end at 25 past the hour. Game qualifying results will remain final.
We are using a controlled pit entry system which means that if you arrive late, you cannot qualify because this would involve having to re-start the whole pit entry system for all the drivers and starting qualifying from the beginning again!
- At the end of qualifying, the game will line us up on the grid but this is NOT THE START OF THE RACE.
- There will be a formation lap at the start of every race.

* If there are any late-comers they will have to start from the back (if this involves letting others past at the start then so be it) and we will have to re-do the controlled entry system at this point.

- Lap 1 is a formation lap where you must maintain a neat order.
- The pace on the formation lap will be controlled by the pole-sitter and no overtaking is allowed until after the 1st corner on lap 2.

Race 1 and Race 2:
The race distance will vary per track. For the 2nd race, the grid will be a reverse grid based on the 1st race finishing results. Race 2 will start immediately after Race 1. Each driver MUST make at least 1 pitstop per race.
Both races will feature the 'formation lap' and rolling start (helps reduce lag problems), with no racing on the formation lap and overtaking will be allowed until AFTER the 1st corner on lap 2 (or other 'host designated' corner).

- 12 entries for the championship (Reserve drivers welcome to apply too, to race if you can't make it).
- Everyone uses the car they are assigned at the beginning of the championship (subject to change depending on results).
- Tyre choice and all driver aids will be available.
- If you choose to drive with SRF off you get 20% more points!
- The championship will last 8 rounds.
- Damage will be set to none and penalties set to weak.
- There will be a 'base' maximum PP assigned to each car.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Qualifying:
16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Race1 and Race2 results
30-28-26-24-22-20-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9

* If you drive with Skid Recovery Force (SRF) OFF you will get the above points PLUS 20% rounded down to the nearest whole number!

Rules:

Formation lap / rolling start

I will add 1 lap to the total number of laps. when the lights go green we start a 'formation lap' with no overtaking until after the 1st corner on lap2.

The 'first corner' will be be the first tight corner after the start/finish straight and an exact definition will be made clear before the race.

The pace on the formation lap will be controlled by the pole sitter and he must please try and drive around half to 75% of race speed. Before each race a certain point on the track will be announced as the point where the pole sitter can accelerate up to race speed at any point he wishes.

The only time anyone is allowed to overtake anyone else is if you are moving up to get to original grid position. The formation lap is officially complete at the exit of the first corner on lap2. Drivers are not allowed to brake hard or make and dangerous moves on the formation lap to try to displace another driver. If there is a crash on the formation lap, drivers must recover and re-take their grip position in a calm orderly manner.

The host will save a replay of the race and drivers will be deducted an appropriate amount of points for any misbehavior on the formation lap.

General rules

- No aggressive bumping or hitting.
- One move only blocking (like F1). If being passed you may move to block (no hitting) once in one direction, afterwards if the car gets to the other side then you must allow the pass. This usually only applies only on straits.
- The lead car has the right away, the racing line, and sets the braking point through corners. RESPECT THEIR RIGHT! Try braking early and beating them on exit speed, or waiting for them to slip up.
- Late braking and corner diving is a risky move, often resulting in car-to-car contact. While this move is allowed, use caution as it may result in a bump off track and multiple offenses of this nature will result in loss of points or disqualification from series. This is most important in the first corner, don’t ruin your chance or anyone else’s by trying to skip 5 spots. Respect that those racers out-qualified you and earn your places.
-To put it simply: behave in the races as if you were in a real world car race.
- In the event of a disconnection, it will be treated as mechanical failure and you will still receive points for the round for any finishing positions you have attained in qualifying or the sprint race up until that point. You will also receive finishing or qualifying points for the race you were doing at the time of disconnection. So if you are the first to be disconnected you will be given last place. If you were the last to be disconnected you will receive the finishing result for the position after the last finisher etc.

Car contact incidents are part of racing and will always happen. Nobody is perfect.
Everybody makes involuntary driving errors. The important thing is to stay fair.

Here is the procedure to follow in case of an important incident:

-In case of an incident, always first look at the replay
- If after seeing the replay, you still think another driver has disadvantaged you, first contact him by PM.
- If that does not resolve the incident, send a PM to one of the race stewards (wordup, canudigthis or driverone0one).
- The stewards will review the replay and if necessary take a race-decision.
- If the incident involves one of the stewards then the other 2 stewards will make the decision.
- Never accuse another driver publicly.

The stewards will decide on the penalty (if any) on a case by case basis and penalise according to the following system:

Offenses are split into 3 catagories:
1 - Minor - 5 points (ie persistent knocking and generally slowing down another driver without passing him). Bump-drafting is of course OK.
2 - Major - 10 points (ie knocking someone into a barrier or off the track, causing them to loose positions or a material amount of time)
3 - Catasrophic - 30 points (ie Completely ruining someones race or blatant diregard for the rules in way which seriously ruins the game for others).

30 penalty points will also earn a ban for 1 race (whole event) and if you reach 50 penalty points in total you will be banned from the rest of the series.

The above wording is based on the wording used by WSCC in their rules. Thanks guys for making good model rules.

Events
Round 1 13/5/2012 - High speed Ring - 20 laps X 2
Round 2 20/5/2012 - Nürburgring GP/F - 14 laps X 2
Round 3 27/5/2012 - Autumn Ring - 18 laps X 2
Round 4 3/6/2012 - Laguna Seca Raceway - 16 laps X 2
Round 5 10/6/2012 - Monza - 12 laps X 2
Round 6 17/6/2012 - Deep Forest - 16 laps X 2
Round 7 24/6/2012 - Indy road course - 15 laps x 2
Round 8 01/6/2012 - Trial Mountain - 16 laps X 2
Round 9 08/7/2012 - Spa - 12 laps X 2

DTMPoints-Round2.jpg

DTMpoints-round3.jpg

DTMpoints-round4.jpg

DTMPoints-round5-1.png

DTMPoints-round6.jpg

DTMPoints-round7.jpg

DTMPoints-round8.jpg

DTMPoints-round9.jpg

Last edited:
Please register your interest by adding your name gtplanet account name and PSN id to the list below:

Canudigthis - canudigthis
scale96 - scalebreaker96
driver101 - driver101
worduphomes- worduphomes
OneManRiot - AllyKH0882
BubbleBelly542 - BubbleBelly542
n/a - petrolheadka
willfred_1 - willfred_1

Things have changed since the beginning of the Wolla series. I probably can't make Sunday races for much longer.

Canudigthis - canudigthis
scale96 - scalebreaker96
driver101 - driver101
worduphomes- worduphomes
OneManRiot - AllyKH0882
BubbleBelly542 - BubbleBelly542
n/a - petrolheadka
willfred_1 - willfred_1
CaptainFalcon89 - C-Falcon89

Sorry, Saturdays are no dice. Already doing one series then, and another's on the way.

Sorry, Saturdays are no dice. Already doing one series then, and another's on the way.

Same here sorry, running 3 series at once and possibly two more soon. Good luck though.

Saw your invite, i take part in F1 on sundays at 10pm, practice starting at 9 so its a bit tight. If u can change the day and/or time then i will be definitely interested.

ahhhhhhhh wish there was a bigger weekend lol, well sunday looks like best bet for most ppl, immortal, y cant u make sundays?? and bubble, y u cant make sundays for much longer?

Immortal has another series on Sundays ;)
I can't make during the week unfortunately, i work late. But why are we even talking about changing our race day. We have been thru this already and Sunday is our day :)

Scale96
ahhhhhhhh wish there was a bigger weekend lol, well sunday looks like best bet for most ppl, immortal, y cant u make sundays?? and bubble, y u cant make sundays for much longer?

Because in the spring/summer I'm up north on most weekends and don't get home on Sunday till around 2 or 3 hours after the races start.

When I get back to work, I'll be mandated to work weekends again. I can manipulate having Sunday off by volunteering to work Saturday if I have to. I'd rather have Sunday off anyways, because I also run another series later on in the evening. I say stick with Sunday.

Just my selfish 2 cents...:guilty:

Not sure if this has been decided yet but are we going to run fully tuned or not? DTM run at 470hp, I have a feeling we're not doing that.

Back