JP's Gallery(Zonda R '09) Please Leave Comments

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
beaverdude22
Last edited:
You could have edited the title of your first gallery instead of creating a duplicate...

In principle, these are generally alright, nothing spectacular, but a good start 👍 Composition is generally good, especially #2, #3 and #4, although sometimes (#1, #5 and #6 especially) the car is either too close to the edge of the frame or has bits missing. Also, in general, lighting is good, if a bit over exposed at times. You also generally have a good depth of field, but sometimes the f number needs to be a bit lower

The main problem I have is that, well, they're too boring... They need action and excitement. There are 2 main ways to do that - the most important is to get movement. You need to lower the shutter speed to probably 1/60 or sometimes 1/125, and use panning mode 3. This gives the background and wheels motion blur to give a feeling of movement; your shots all feel way to stationary. The other thing to do is to tilt the camera, which again makes it more interesting and exciting.

Have a look at the big galleries - Gtuned, Moglet, ceiling_fan, 20832, Boabdulrahman etc. and take hints from their shots, and also read gtsomething's guide if you haven't already, it's a sticky I think.

Oh, and generally posting in people's galleries doesn't get them to come visit yours (although it worked this time :lol:). Just keep updating and improving, enter some competitions and try and get a reputation that way and the replies and criticisms will come. I only had about 5 replies on my first page, now I only have about 2 sets per page.

Hope you found this useful :):cheers:

Lancia Off Road
These were took before the review and the hints hence why the same faults are repeated from the Ferrari set.

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_7 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_4 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_2 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_5 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_3 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_6 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail_1 by joshpreece95, on Flickr

Eiger Nordwand K Trail by joshpreece95, on Flickr​

Last edited:
It looks okay for now.
You really should let go of the filters as they don't usual work really well.

I also see, that you got it down with the Shutter Speed, which is good. The angles are okay, nothing too special, would like to see some more variation in there.

Favorite is the second pic in your first post. Looks realistic. :)

Love that first one JP, great use of aperture and good sense of speed with a good angle and cut off point - you're getting the hang of this I think 👍

Back