Kool April Nites 2012 Car Show- Want a Classic car background/desktop?

• Thread starter hawkeye122
  • 10 comments
United States
California
gdwest1
Kool April Nites is a car show in Redding, California (My hometown) for cars that were built before 1975. It attracts more than 1000 official entries each year, plus the hundreds of people who take their cars out for the week just to drive around town, to build the spirit.

Tomorrow at school, there will be a Show and Shine for any participants who wish to come. I'll have my DSLR there.

Now that I'm 16, I'm able to take the Family-owned-from-original-purchase 1957 Chevy Pickup (all original) in the closed-course Cruise/Parade tomorrow. In addition, I will be dropping my car off at the Convention Center the next day (See below) and going about with my mate, and taking photos of all sorts of neat classic cars.

Slide-2.jpg

Keeping in mind that this isn't what you'd call an "International" or even "National" event (There wont be many import cars, and only a handful of truly rare cars), does anyone want a custom Desktop/Background photo of a car? I will try my best to fulfill your requests, but no guarantees!

Comments? Questions? Let me know!

(This is not my photo, but taken from the event website. In case you're wondering, that is Santiago Calatrava's 'Sundial Bridge' in the background(Tall, angled white pillar that is hiding in the clouds). The local PR people claim that it's "World Famous". It IS the world's Largest Sundial... but not exactly famous.)

I'll take any and all traditional hot rods you happen to come by, but big-ass pics, please. Also, lets see your family's Chev!

208586_112741022142436_100002196159856_118344_6441877_n.jpg

This is the only picture I have on my computer at the moment. Also the first picture of Me in the forums.

Edit: The pics I take will be in raw, but I'm unsure on the ones my friend will take. He's the professional photographer.

And when you take pictures, ask the owners if they can close the hood. Cars look better that way! :lol:

And when you take pictures, ask the owners if they can close the hood. Cars look better that way! :lol:

Too late for the show at school. But the one later tomorrow should be good.

Someone actually had a nice MG, he let me sit in it. Quite a pain at 6'4" and 230 pounds...

Someone actually had a nice MG, he let me sit in it. Quite a pain at 6'4" and 230 pounds...

Awesome, I love old British sports cars, unfortunately I don't think I'd fit either. I'm 5' 11" and around the same weight.

My mom is in Redding right now visiting family. That's epic!

Haha no way?

I managed to not wreck the Chevy during the Cruise/Parade, only killed it once because of the slow traffic and heavy clutch. Had to coax it back to life with the starter pedal and a wide-open carb.

Back