*new* week 9 driving skill competition - 207 @ autumn ring mini

• Thread starter LMP787B
  • 65 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
LD_HEADSHOT
WDSCbanner.jpg

Hi guys, welcome to week 9 of the driving skill competition. This is the new weekly competition where driving skill is everything. Each week a stock car and track is chosen the car CANNOT be tuned or modified in anyway as to give an advantage over others.

This week is Peugeot 207 GTI at autumn ring mini and tyre choice is COMFORT HARD. All aids are to be turned off except ABS on 1. Transmission and grip choice (low/real) is down to you.

The car must be accessed via ARCADE MODE!

Brake balance can only be adjusted if you are driving with ABS off, if you are using ABS on 1 you must keep the default brake balance.

This is an offline competition and you can do anytime, just choose the car through arcade mode then select the track. Everybody Is free to enter.

Please send in your best lap time stating whether you used ds3 or wheel (lap must not have gone red).

Its time to show your skill and race! Good luck everyone thanks for the support! Any questions just PM me and i'll get back to you ASAP! Enjoy!

When sending your times in please could you use the following format:

Driver: GTP name/PSN name
Time:
Transmission: Auto/Manual (if manual state whether clutch used)
Controller: DS3/wheel
ABS:
Brake Balance: Front/Rear (only applicable if ABS is off)

Also please state your updated time in a new post, do not simply edit a previous one.

The Week 9 leaderboard will be up later in the week!

I will also consider allowing previous competitors the ability to add their own times to the leaderboard to save time.

After the huge success of the previous weeks it would be great to get as many people racing this week. So get out on that track and have fun!

Also if this isn't enough of a challenge to satisfy your gt5 needs head over to the sister competition of the weekly driving skill competition (WDSC) which is called fortnightly driving skill competition and can be found under the 'spot races and time trials' section of the forums. The FDSC runs alongside the WDSC.

Looks like fun. I can't wait to give it a try.

Does anyone know if the red lap vs. OLR debate is moot for this track?

Timminz
Looks like fun. I can't wait to give it a try.

Does anyone know if the red lap vs. OLR debate is moot for this track?

I personally believe in 'if it's white it's clean' and it means no one can cheat.

...and I thought the R8 had some understeer....

Timminz / calvin-ball
DFGT
Manual
ABS: off
Brake Balance: 2/3

Fun stuff. I'd like to get into the 47's this week, but I think it'll be tough.

I don't know how you guys are making such a huge deal of the OLR/no OLR rule. The OLR says "unless otherwise specified, two tires need to be on the racing surface at all times." It has clearly been otherwise specified.

phil_75
Phil_75
MT
Ds3
On

edit. Wrong tyres. CH's bit much isn't it!

I didn't try the tyre choice out, I thought that it wouldn't need good tyres since it's such a low powered car, I can change it to SH if you want.

woodski_427 / woodski_427
DS3
Manual
ABS=1

The CS default tyre for the car, but you get used to the CH after a few laps. It is a challenge after all!

I don't know how you guys are making such a huge deal of the OLR/no OLR rule. The OLR says "unless otherwise specified, two tires need to be on the racing surface at all times." It has clearly been otherwise specified.

Finally, the voice of reason!

As to the discussion of tires: CH's are definitely tough to get the hang of here, but I don't see any reason to change it. In fact I wouldn't mind trying CH on a FR car next week.

It's a different kind of challenge.

I'm looking forward to try this later. I think ch tires are a great choice 👍 I haven't tryed that sine I managed bronze at the topgear challenge. (witch was a event that I didn't like)

I'll give this a go this evening, looks like a fun little challenge, especially on Comfort Hards.

phil_75
MT
DS3
OFF
1/1

Great time phil_75 👍
This is a cool challenge, and I think it's going to be quite close times :)

Driver: no1pal
Time: 49.253
Transmission: MT
Controller: DFGT
ABS: 1

mizx / zu3-
DS3
Manual
ABS 1

Finally, the voice of reason!
I don't think anyone is, saidur probably just wanted to be clear after last week, obviously saying white laps are clean laps at Deep Forest was a massive grey area.

It is as you said speedkarter, which means there's no issue with it on this track and most others, so that's the end of it anyway.

Last edited:
This should be a good challenge since I can rarely pull myself away from FRs and MRs on my own. Had a pretty productive first session with times steadily dropping, never felt for a moment that it needed grippier tires.

Morgoth_666
:49.586
Wheel
MT w/ paddles
No ABS
Brakes 5-6

Sounds fun, I will have a go.
Will post times later.

I personally believe in 'if it's white it's clean' and it means no one can cheat.

OK then, last week I was using the OLR but glad to have clear conformation 👍

Driver: carracerptp/carracerptp
Time:48.754
Transmission: Manual/ no clutch
ABS: ON 1
Brake Balance: Stock (5/5)

Not sure how to get a 47.... I'm trying to learn "left foot braking while on the throttle" (if anyone has any tips or links I would love to have them)
And the tire grip is great 👍

Time:48.754

Not sure how to get a 47.... I'm trying to learn "left foot braking while on the throttle" (if anyone has any tips or links I would love to have them)
And the tire grip is great 👍

I found that turning off the ABS, and adjusting the BB a little to the rear allows you to get some oversteer by locking up the brakes a bit. I gradually apply the brakes, letting it lock briefly near the apex to counteract the understeer that's so natural with the FF CH combo.

Time:48.612

I did give ABS Off a go, it worked but the car has so much lift-off oversteer I decided to lean on that, I sadly left 0.1 in T3 on that lap because I missed the apex.

I'm loving this combo :), these times are going to be really close.

Driver: speedkarter13/racerman13
Time: 48.597
Transmission: Manual/no clutch
Controller: G27
ABS: On 1

Update

Woodski_427
DS3
Manual
ABS=1

Gained .5. Still another .5 in it if I could string a good run together. Great track for instilling discipline- run wide on the wrong corner and you've lost your line for the next three.

Edited!

Last edited:
Update

Woodski_427
DS3
Manual
ABS=1

Gained .5. Still another .5 in it if I could string a good run together. Great track for instilling discipline- run wide on the wrong corner and you've lost your line for the next three.

I think you mean 49. Either that, or you've done something terribly wrong.

Latest Posts

Back