60+ Year Old GT Academy Racers

• Thread starter RReed43
  • 108 comments
United States
Aubrey, Texas
I have no illusions of being highly placed in the GT Academy but I would enjoy knowing how I do in comparison to racers who are my comtemporaries in regard to age.

If you were born in 1952 or an earlier year, friend me on rreed43 and we can compare times.

Respect to you, my friend :bowdown:
My mother is only two years older than you, but I can't even begin to imagine her tearing up the tracks in GT5. She even has troubles changing the clock on her mobile :)

Great to see some older people enjoying modern entertainment 👍

While I may not be considered your contemporary, being less than 60 but closing in on 50, I too would like to see a few "experienced" folks in my friends list. PSN is same as GTPlanet name. If invite not already waiting, will send one your way as soon as I get on my PS.

We have three racers competing so far. All three have completed the first two events with gold times. Each of the three have been first in different events. It's nice to have some people to compare times with. If you are 60 plus send me a friends request... Rreed43

I was born in '47. I've played GT since 1 was released & every GT since. Finally I get to play online, even though it's with a dirty crowd :) I hope to play GT6 too. 👍 My PSN ID is PapaGnr

Last edited:
Add me to the group and glad there are others. I was really looking forward to GT Academy competition. After a 2 + hour download my file corrupted and the PS3 will not run it's software. At the repair shop now hope to be driving and racing Friday night. Born on date 1952.
Happy Motoring

I am heading out for the evening but would like it if the rest could send me a friend request my PSN grampa1951, this looks like fun.

PapaGnr
I was born in '47. I've played GT since 1 was released & every GT since. Finally I get to play online, even though it's with a dirty crowd :) I hope to play GT6 too. 👍 My PSN ID is PapaGnr

Your settings denied me sending FR. :(

I put up a 40:161 s on the Nordschlief. This is good enough for 4554 currently in the overall standing and 1st place in the over 60 grouping.

I put up a 40:161 s on the Nordschlief. This is good enough for 4554 currently in the overall standing and 1st place in the over 60 grouping.

I just saw you on the leaderboards for GT Academy 2012 Round 1-5. Great run!

I was born in '54 so I won't qualify for the "over 60" club, but I do race regularly in online series (mostly SuperGT or DTM). If some of you guys would like to get together and do an online racing series one night a week, let me know and maybe we can get something going. A couple of the other guys I race with would fit in if we go with "50 or older".

Send me a PM or add me on PSN: boshuter

Don't look for me on the rankings for GT Academy, I'll just do enough of that to get gold times so I can have the liveried cars when it's over.

I have no illusions of being highly placed in the GT Academy but I would enjoy knowing how I do in comparison to racers who are my comtemporaries in regard to age.

If you were born in 1952 or an earlier year, friend me on rreed43 and we can compare times.

Hey man, I'm 65 soon to be 66 --born in 1946 -- Been playing GT since the first generation game and GT5 since launch. I use a controller and lots of luck, but I really enjoy the game. Send a FR to PSN: Racin-Rev -- state over 60 in the message so I can know what's up:cheers: Cheers Mate

I may be just half your age, but this thread somehow inspired me…

…mostly to prove to my wife that I'm not the old weirdo still playing video games.

there is a Canadian guy on GTP I have raced with, as well as playing GT5 avidly he still works full time and is one of those Ice Truckers. He is 72 BTW!

Well done 👍 Haven't checked yet to see how bad you beat me by :)

Congratulations to Choppy he posted a 32.595 sec in Event 2-4 (Eifel Kart S Curves) it is good enough for 3803 currently. Not to bad consider there are several hundred thousand people competiting.

I'm having fun with the 2-5 event on Nurburgring. It reminds me of my cab driving days. 40.123 is now the "old fellas" time to beat.

I'm having fun with the 2-5 event on Nurburgring. It reminds me of my cab driving days. 40.123 is now the "old fellas" time to beat.

Great time, I'll give it a few go's and see if I can beat it.

Wild ride and a 40.092.

Last edited:
Back