• 48 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
Hey guys, just wondering how many were going to the inaugural race this year. Where are you staying, where are you sitting, should we organize a little get together at a restaurant or bar in the evening in Austin?

I originally bought two turn twelve tickets but decided to sell them to a friend because my brother ended up being able to go so I didn't want him to miss it. I now have three general admission passes.

I'm staying at a Motel 6 in Austin North, by the I-35. $44 but it's not a pretty place what so ever xD.

Let us know!

Get ready for 2013!

Time to plan out this year's race. Meet ups, location information, schedules, etc.

Last edited:
Me and my friend are going sitting at T11 Row 3. Staying at Austin's Lonestar Inn, not a pretty place either but hella cheap. I would have stayed at a better place called the Red Roof Inn but when F1 changed the date schedule the new date was sold out for that hotel. :ouch: This was last year lol, but it's all good I'm happy I found a place. I bet it's 10x hard and a crap load more money for a room now.

What I want to see is a seating chart of the grandstands anyone know if this is available.

What I want to see is a seating chart of the grandstands anyone know if this is available.

Had a quick look and found this.

SELECT-YOUR-SEATING-FOR-THE-2012-FORMULA-1-UNITED-STATES-GRAND-PRIX%E2%84%A2.jpg

I'll be there with family in tow... But don't forget, the Formula 1 Expo is this weekend at the Austin Convention Center. If you've never been to an f1 Expo I strongly recommend it!

I've got my general admission passes. My friend's sister lives in on the west side of Austin, we're crashing at her place. But we may camp out at the track saturday night to get the spot available. A meet up would indeed be cool!

Just bought my tickets with some other members. Turn 4 for now, but we're trying to get turn 12 tickets :lol:

I'm dying to go, but out of my friends that could go, none them have enough money or interest to tag along. If anyone has room for one person to tag along I would be grateful. I'm a 27 year old normal dude. At this point I'm getting desperate so I'll probably just end up getting a general admission ticket.

I'm planning on going now, would be great if we could actually make this one an official meet up. Not really into the bar scene personally, but don't see any reason why we can't do some kind of meet up on the grounds.

It's the closest race to my country all year, and I have relatives who live in Austin to stay with, so I'm trying to work something out.

I think I'm going to try and go. I haven't figured out where I want to sit at, but I think I may crash at a friend's timeshare.

It will be next year for me as well. :(

On the one hand, it will provide me plenty of time to save up for the trip since I was caught completely unawares on how expensive the hotel was going to be for the race.

EDIT: The sad thing is that I live about 250 miles from there.

I'm dying to go, but out of my friends that could go, none them have enough money or interest to tag along. If anyone has room for one person to tag along I would be grateful. I'm a 27 year old normal dude. At this point I'm getting desperate so I'll probably just end up getting a general admission ticket.
A word of advice: Megabus.

Yeah, with races you need to book your hotel pretty much right after the event. So you won't spend a fortune.

Yeah, with races you need to book your hotel pretty much right after the event. So you won't spend a fortune.

Well with Nascar, I don't have much of a problem since I am a hop, skip and a jump from the Texas Motor Speedway and I can just drive there. The problem with F1 is that I was looking to book in February, or whenever the November date was announced by the FIA, and the hotels were telling me anywhere from $450-475 a night. Next year, I'll be more prepared.

I'm be staying in a Super 8 in San Marcos. This being my first F1 race in person actually happens a day before my birthday.

With one month to go, it's time to bump this and figure out everyone's situation and whatnot :lol:

I, personally, am leaving wednesday and am prepared to have my ears bleed over the noisegasm which is F1 :lol:

Bumping this thread, a week before race hope to get more folks on this thread

How many of you guys will be in Austin on Thursday night?

If anyone has an extra ticket I'm about ready to dip outta Florida for the weekend. :lol: I need a vacation so badly. And some Franklin BBQ. Brisket, babeh.

Hopefully the race is a big hit so they come back next year.

Really looking forward to this.. i love new circuits..its like stepping in to the unknown!:lol:

I will be leaving for Austin Thursday morning at 1a, heading into Humble, TX around 8-9a to meet my best friend. He and I are gonna stop by the DeLorean factory before I head to Austin. Should be in Austin proper around 7p or so.

I'll also be sampling the new 85 mph toll road that's there.

I'll be departing from Humble as well, only on Friday morning. The closest accommodations we could afford were in Bastrop. If anyone else is bringing a MTB or BMX bike lmk if you need a guide to the local jumping grounds.

Cool, are you gonna be at the GTA viewing party?

I'm gonna be there just in time for it hopefully. I'm leaving in a few hours.

Back