WSC II - C1 Champion Spurgy, C2 Champion Matty!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 859 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
WORLD SPORTSCAR CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON 2

WSCOFFICIALSEASON2copy-1.gif

SEASON 1

The World Sportscar Championship is a celebration of classic sportscar racing. 6 cars do battle in two different categories across 6 races of at least an hour in length. This is a true test of skill for man and machine. Sunday evenings are Sportscar Sundays.

Room / Lobby Information.
~All races are held in a lobby hosted by me, make sure “Furinkazen” is on your friends list or you cannot race and risk being kicked!!!

~Race Quality will be standard, microphones will be optional at low quality.

Race Information.
~Races are run from a standing start.

~Quitting is NOT allowed. These are long races. Everyone runs into trouble at some point. If you have to go or something happens... pull up in a safe place out of the way and get back going... This is a Le Mans-style series... be running at the flag and you will be classified as a finisher. Complete more than 75% distance and you will get points.

~We use a 12-9-6-5-4-3-2-1 pts system, with 1 extra for fastest lap. All races count towards your score.

~Only Racing Medium and Hard tyres are permitted, with Inters and Rains for wet conditions.

~Room opens at 7pm British Time, Qualification until 7:45pm BST. (May be longer for certain races). Then the race shall begin!

~No-one may touch room settings without my permission.

~Damage is FULL, Grip Reduction is REAL, Draft is WEAK, and Boost is OFF.

~Pace lap is run at 75 mph single file, for more details check each race description

Last edited:
Car Information.

It is a new era for WSC. Jaguar and Chapparal have left to leave the ultimate classic 60's battle - Ford vs Ferrari

Class 1 C1 – General Information.
Class C1 are the elite cars of WSC, fast and beasts to handle.

Ferrari 330 P4
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_22.jpg

The Ferrari may have much less power than it’s opponents, but it is also much lighter. It’s incredibly fast on straights and in corners a tricky car to control. However when in full flow, the Ferrari is unbeatable. This is pure Italian engineering excellence, under one of the most curvaceous bodyshells of all time.

Ford MK.IV
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1.jpg

The Mk.IV is the 4th generation of the Ford GT40. It is the heaviest car topping the scales at a 1000kg, but packs around 500hp. The Ford is not the fastest in a straight line, but has tremendous brakes, predictable handling, and is kind to its tyres. This ensures that what the car loses over a single lap, it gains over a long endurance stint.

Class 2 C2 – General Information.
Class C2 are slightly slower than C1, but not by much. A skilled driver in these can easily match a struggling C1 car. C2 cars are restricted using the power limiter to 565pp.

Chevrolet Corvette C2 Race Car
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_32.jpg

The Corvette is a pure speed demon, but its hefty weight and large chassis make it a handful in the corners.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 RM
Drivers - Chqr / Fastfox400
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_52.jpg

The Camaro is iconic muscle, and a great car to drive. Quick, stable, and a favourite of many drivers. When bought the Camaro is to be fully upgraded, including Supercharger.

Dodge Challenger RT RM
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_62.jpg

A huge beast with a lot of power, the Challenger is a monster of a car. However its more muted handling may suit some drivers styles more. When bought the Challenger is to be fully upgraded, but Superchargers are not permitted on the car.

Ford GT40
CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_42.jpg

The most iconic Le Mans car of all time? The GT40 is a legend of Le Mans. Powerful, tyre smoking, and a real challenge, it oozes class every time it passes it evokes the very essence of Le Mans and Sportscars.

Last edited:
Schedule / Results

Race 1 – The Daytona 150 @ Daytona Road Course, 29 July
43 Laps / 150 miles / 32 laps to be classified. +1 FORMATION LAP
POSTERDaytonaRoadcopy-1.gif

Daytona invokes the very spirit of speed and endurance on its high banks. A standing start on the high-banks will result in a lot of wheelspin and the first corner is an incredibly technical turn. The infield has some technical corners whilst the backstretch chicane is a test for the most committed drivers.
RACE REPORT FOUND HERE!!!

Race 2 – Monza 200 @ Monza NC
56 laps / 200 miles / 42 laps to be classified.
POSTERMonza200S2.gif

Monza, the very mention name conjures up images of speed and glory. 200 miles on a Monza without the first chicane, meaning nearly a whole minute is spent flat out around this historic track. Speed and concentration will be the goal for victory in this historic race.

Race 3 – Spa-Francorchamps Sportscar Grand Prix @ Spa-Francorchamps
36 Laps / 90 minutes (approx) / 27 laps to be classified.
POSTERSpa.gif

Eau Rouge, Blanchimont, La Source, Pouhon, Radillion, Les Combes... some of the most terrifying corners in racing all on this high speed Belgian circuit. A challenge made even more daunting by the unique micro-climate of the Spa region.

Race 4 – Le Mans 500k @ Le Mans 2005 NC
36 Laps / 500 kilometres / 27 laps to be classified.
POSTERLEMANS.gif

Le Mans is the most legendary endure of all times. 500 kilometres of flat out racing down the Mulsanne will test drivers abilities to stay on the limit – and double points offer an even greater incentive to fight onwards.

Race 5 – Targa Florio Tribute @ Pescara
75 Laps / 100 miles / 13 Laps to be classified.
POSTERTargaFlorio-1.gif

The Targa Florio is a famous Italian road race and this event is a celebration. For this season we head to the terrifying triangle of Pescara. A banked first turn leads to a bumpy 200mph uphill right, which can chuck cars sideways back downhill towards the final straight.

Race 6 – Goodwood Heritage Grand Prix @ Goodwood (eifel track)
??? Laps / ??? kilometres / 9 laps to be classified.

Race 6 will take us a to a recreation of the historic british Goodwood track. Low 1 minute lap times are expected around this high speed 2 mile blast of a circuit.

Race 7 – Nurburgring 300k @ Nurburgring 24H
12 Laps / 300 kilometres / 9 laps to be classified.
POSTERNurburgring300k.gif

No track is as daunting as the Nurburgring. Spectators camp around this ancient venue, winding onwards as darkness falls, and the weather lurks menacingly. This is your chance to be champion of the ‘Ring and World Sportscar Championship champion.

Last edited:
Entries / Championship Standings

C1:

Furinkazen FORD
Spurgy FERRARI
R35 SKYLIN3 FORD
TomMcD FORD (PART-TIME)
Gorsad FERRARI (PART-TIME)
Gokartman78 FERRARI
OK8 FERRARI (PART-TIME)

C2:
Chqr CHEVROLET
Niop CHEVROLET ???
FraiserCrane GT40
Flying Fox 85 GT40
tacom08 DODGE

Last edited:
Thread revealed and open! I'm in Team Ford for C1 as ever!

Reserve me up.

C2 class with the Camaro RM

Totally agree with you. S1 was a massive success. No need to change much if anything to the schedule or general spec.

Damn that is one handsome picture of the Camaro.

I will need to buy the Ferrari and test it before I make a final decision on what team I want to be in, but I will probably go in the Ford 👍

OP Updated, your in guys. A maximum of 4 Fords and Ferrari's are allowed in C1.

Put me down for C2, most likely will go with the Camaro. My relationship with that Vette has ran it's course.

Put me down for C2, most likely will go with the Camaro. My relationship with that Vette has ran it's course.

Already in, saw your post. BTW all artworks except the Targa Florio and Spa ones are from last season of WSC. Nurb one was from tonights race.

Also a couple other details:

Nurb is now a single points event, and will only be run half in the night.
OP updated with first race date.

I'll miss the first races as I'm on holiday therefore I won't sign up full time. You can stick me down as a Ford reserve.

Furi, you should go full on and make this a proper enduro series. I'm thinking 2.4 hours of Daytona, Le Mans and Nurb :P

I'll miss the first races as I'm on holiday therefore I won't sign up full time. You can stick me down as a Ford reserve.

Furi, you should go full on and make this a proper enduro series. I'm thinking 2.4 hours of Daytona, Le Mans and Nurb :P

Maybe in future, maybe in future ;) . You're in as Ford reserve though 👍

Furinkazen
Maybe in future, maybe in future ;) . You're in as Ford reserve though 👍

That would be epic in my opinion. Cheers fella 👍

Check out the spot races section mate, that series is why I need your Pocono up for download.

Can I do C1 part time? I can make the first 2 races (maybe the 3rd). If that's okay I'll be in the Ferrari, just have to get enough money to buy it.

hhmmm, ferrari or ford...i'll get back to you on that one. in about 3/4 days when i have both of them :P

Can I do C1 part time? I can make the first 2 races (maybe the 3rd). If that's okay I'll be in the Ferrari, just have to get enough money to buy it.

Yes you can! 👍

hhmmm, ferrari or ford...i'll get back to you on that one. in about 3/4 days when i have both of them :P

Sure 👍

I'll go GT40 again Furi. Getting to like it now in an odd kind of way

Inbound Gulf Cars at 10-13! (Kudos to any who get the reference).

Two GT40's now. Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back