Karting in GT6

United Kingdom
Lancashire
GTP_BanditKarter, BanditKarter22
Hi all, I thought I would create a thread to discuss all things involving karting in GT6.

In GT6 I want to see a gearbox kart as it will be more fun to drive on the longer circuits.

I also would like to see racing in the rain for karts and wet weather tyres, that would be great. :)

I think after Karting DLC (some karts & a track) for GT5, we will see Karting in GT6 for sure.
And I remember PD created a beautiful karting track (Siena) for GT5 but they removed it! maybe it will be in GT6.
https://www.gtplanet.net/sienas-flags-removed-from-gt5s-piazza-del-campo-circuit/

Reading the article makes me sick. Legal action over flags? Makes me think the people of Sienna only did it because they are a bunch of sad attention seekers. If I wanted to, I could go on google and search for it, yet Google doesn't receive legal action against that?

Anyways, I really do hope that shifter karts appear alongside the karts that we already have in GT5 as that would be loads of fun.

I think after Karting DLC (some karts & a track) for GT5, we will see Karting in GT6 for sure.
And I remember PD created a beautiful karting track (Siena) for GT5 but they removed it! maybe it will be in GT6.
https://www.gtplanet.net/sienas-flags-removed-from-gt5s-piazza-del-campo-circuit/

I didn't know about that actually but its pretty stupid that they complained. Hopefully GT6 will have a wider range of kart tracks like autumn ring mini and kart space and a good track creator for karts without having mile long straights!

Reading the article makes me sick. Legal action over flags? Makes me think the people of Sienna only did it because they are a bunch of sad attention seekers. If I wanted to, I could go on google and search for it, yet Google doesn't receive legal action against that?

Anyways, I really do hope that shifter karts appear alongside the karts that we already have in GT5 as that would be loads of fun.

I didn't know about that actually but its pretty stupid that they complained. Hopefully GT6 will have a wider range of kart tracks like autumn ring mini and kart space and a good track creator for karts without having mile long straights!
Like with a couple other types of racing, this wasn't meant for GT5 due to time constraints.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102886-Gran-Turismo-6s-Go-Karts-Invade-Gran-Turismo-5

Yes. And with it, they should include a shifter kart. A lot of fun if you ask me.

One thing that bothered me about GT5 was the very short usage in A-Spec of this series. It should've extended a bit more, and also something that we could repeat and still get a sense of reward, unlike the one-time only "Special" events.

I'd say bring it back, maybe like GT4's "special events" (rally) that you could repeat and still get the prices.

add real life karts, including a shifter kart and one very underpowered (like 95% of them are)
remove the current ones, or remake them so they resemble a real life counterpart
option to remove drafting

add real life karts, including a shifter kart and one very underpowered (like 95% of them are)
remove the current ones, or remake them so they resemble a real life counterpart

Maybe put crappy 40 mph rental karts that can be driven at indoor circuits by real indoor karting companies? 💡

The current karts are based on real life karts, the 125cc is a Rotax Max and the 100cc is a TKM. Also you can have a weak slipstream option already which is realistic and gives about the same advantage as real life karting. I would like to see the liveries of real life karts available such as Tony Kart and CRG brands.

The current karts are based on real life karts, the 125cc is a Rotax Max and the 100cc is a TKM. Also you can have a weak slipstream option already which is realistic and gives about the same advantage as real life karting. I would like to see the liveries of real life karts available such as Tony Kart and CRG brands.

I'm no karting expert by any means (I've driven like 15 times but only in awful ones), but irl does drafting have such a huge importance in karting?

In gt5 it's like it doesn't matter who's first, even with slipstream set on weak.

Drafting makes a huge difference in karting. (But tone down the effect, because GT5 is really bad about that.)
And shifter karts are a must.
And if they really want to please people, then they'll add in Superkarts.

I'm another person who'd like to see Shifter Karts included (as well as one or two smaller formula cars) to create a full Open-wheel progression through Gran Turismo.

I'm no karting expert by any means (I've driven like 15 times but only in awful ones), but irl does drafting have such a huge importance in karting?

In gt5 it's like it doesn't matter who's first, even with slipstream set on weak.

Accurate.

Drafting makes a huge difference in karting. (But tone down the effect, because GT5 is really bad about that.)
And shifter karts are a must.

Accurate.

I'm another person who'd like to see Shifter Karts included (as well as one or two smaller formula cars) to create a full Open-wheel progression through Gran Turismo.

Accurate & +1.

And, please, trust me. I have been racing go-karts for years (since I was 8.) As it stands now, I'm stunned by the realism of the physics, for driving the karts in the rain. (It is possible...)

I was even invited to compete in national competitions, as part of a national team.

But, I agree. I'd love to see Star Mazda & Formula BMW, with karting and shifter karting. I don't know enough about Superkarts, yet, though, Bopop4. They don't tend to race near us, do they?

I don't care if they include real karts or the ones they have now, as long as they simulate a real karting experience. The problem in GT5 are the karting physics and a lack of karting tracks.

The karts are not the problem, the physics and, most notably, the exaggerated draft effect are the problem.

-more karts with brands such as crg, intrepid, tony kart etc...
-shifter kart (125)
-shifter kart (250)
-super kart
-fv 1200, fv2800 etc..
-short track dirt racing (modifieds, pure stock etc...)
-short track racing (mini stock, thunder stock, late stock etc...)

I'd be very happy if they left it out entirely. PD spends tons of time on all this oddball stuff and you wind up with a core game that's very lacking because of it. I'd rather they spent their time improving the AI and making more tracks.

I'd love for karting to return to but it needs to be improved and expanded on. The few races were not enough. We need an in depth career progression that involves karting, not last second tacked on special events.

I'd love for karting to return to but it needs to be improved and expanded on. The few races were not enough. We need an in depth career progression that involves karting, not last second tacked on special events.

+ more proper karting tracks. I have never in my life seen a Karting track like the Tokyo Bay track in GT5.

I'd love to see some sort of progression with the karts, maybe start with the Junior through 100 and 125, then shifter karts then Superkarts. The next stage after that could be single seaters with a similar progression.

if karting is going to be brought back i think kazanouri needs to drive a real Rotax 125 MAX because the acceleration of them in real life is way different to the game. when you accelerate in a rotax max you dont see the revs go up so slowly they build fast and the acceleration is very strong. PLEASE DRIVE A REAL ROTAX and make them like they are in real life

Latest Posts

Back