• Thread starter cnd01
  • 77 comments
United States
Sacramento CA
cnd01
pic07.jpg

Welcome to the Grand-Am Ferrari Challenge

What you need to know:

This series will be run on multiple nights to accommodate GTP users from different parts of the world. One race will be on Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. GMT-6. The next race will be Monday night at 8:30 p.m. GMT-6. Each race day will have its own championship. There will be a Saturday and a Monday champion.

DISCLAIMER This series is part of the W.M.A.'s Grand-Am division; however, this series is designed for drivers of all skill level to compete. I want a professional environment in this series. If I see that anyone regardless of W.M.A. membership or not is acting or driving in a way that would not represent the series well, I will give you the boot no questions asked. DISCLAIMER

Now let's get to the main attractions of the series.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_6.jpg

images.jpg

red_ferrari_458_italia_by_a_designs-d33pmd8.jpg

grandturismo5screenshot.jpg

Ferrari_458_Italia_20-5.jpg

Our cars will be the Ferrari 458 Italia and the Ferrari F430 Scudiera.

Tires will be SH.

Tuning is Prohibited

Oil Change and break in ONLY

Driving aids- none except ABS

Damage will be set to weak.

Tire wear will be on

Slipstream will be weak.

Grip reduction will be set to real.

Last edited:
Points Table.

Class Points:

1.) 11
2.) 9
3.) 7
4.) 5
5.) 4
6.) 3
7.) 2
8.) 1

Last edited:
Entry list:

MOTORTRENDMitch-458 Italia
cnd01-458 Italia
paskowitz-?
unrealanthony-458 Italia

Last edited:
Schedule

Monza

Trial Mountain

Nurburgring GP/F

Daytona Road

Rome

Let me know if you want to add any tracks or do not like the tracks.

Last edited:
I'm in.. as long as it fits my times

By "Prohibiting tuning" do you mean that we can't tune the suspension?

Also, Indy Road Coarse is a nice track toooo ;)

Tuning Prohibited means that you won't get in to track from the lobby if you have done anything to your car apart from tyres, the use of powerlimiter, oil change/break in and brake bias..
So adding suspension, transmission, clutch etc can't be done.

Don't know about the GT Auto Aero additions though.
Perhaps double check that..

Nurburgring
Monza
Spa
Fuji
Motegi
Monaco

I love the F1´s circuits!!

I want Ferrari 458. I don´t understand what can I do to my car and what can´t!!

Tuning Prohibited means that you won't get in to track from the lobby if you have done anything to your car apart from tyres, the use of powerlimiter, oil change/break in and brake bias..
So adding suspension, transmission, clutch etc can't be done.

Don't know about the GT Auto Aero additions though.
Perhaps double check that..

I appreciate your help man 👍 I currently can't hop on GT5 and change these things right now because I am at work. I will have an updated OP this evening. Little things like what you guys are informing me of are why I am glad I put this on interest checks first :lol:

Nurburgring
Monza
Spa
Fuji
Motegi
Monaco

I love the F1´s circuits!!

I want Ferrari 458. I don´t understand what can I do to my car and what can´t!!

First of all, I love the F1 circuits too. 👍 Monza and Rome are non-negotiable. I want to run the Italian tracks because of course Ferrari is an Italian automaker. Which Nurburgring are you talking about Ant? We can test at some various tracks. Also I will have a complete and more specific horsepower and weight limits tonight. I am sorry for not being specific enough.

@MTmitch glad to have you. I hope at least one night will fit your schedule.

I'm considering this.

Also, GT Auto aero also negates entry.

Ok.

If so, you either need to drive the cars as tiotally stock, or state a pp value with the aero parts and all other upgrades (except the mods that add power. Exhaust etc) mounted that cars can not breach.
That would be:
566 for the 458 as stock, plus the aero additions (Will probably add around 8-10 pp I guess)
554 for the 430 Scuderia as stock, plus the aero additions (Will probably add around 8-10 pp I guess)

I'd say Sport Softs should be used looking at where the specs lands.
Of you go with totally stock cars, SH or SM should be the tyre of choice.

I'm considering this.

Also, GT Auto aero also negates entry.

Hope we can have you 👍 If what you say is true then no GT Auto Aero upgrades. I will make the OP more in-depth and specific by this evening.

@Denilson I might just make the tire whatever comes on the car when you buy it. I can't remember off the top of my head what that is. I think it is sports mediums. The cars will be totally stock with tuning prohibited.

Hope we can have you 👍 If what you say is true then no GT Auto Aero upgrades. I will make the OP more in-depth and specific by this evening.

I tested it, with my 135i Spec car. It didn't work. It allowed changing rims, and breaking the car in, for more power/changing oil/painting... But not any aero upgrades. My thoughts were "it's just a front bumper, it can't be too important." It was. :ouch:

I tested it, with my 135i Spec car. It didn't work. It allowed changing rims, and breaking the car in, for more power/changing oil/painting... But not any aero upgrades. My thoughts were "it's just a front bumper, it can't be too important." It was. :ouch:

Good to know. I can put that on the OP now. I believe it is 599 bhp that the 458 has fully broken in stock and 527 maybe for the F430 Scuderia. I will have to find that out in order to finish updating the OP.

I will not be able to make it (this weekend) because my Fanatec CSW is starting to make strange noises and FFB sensations (IE early symptoms of "MyWheelIsAboutToBreakEritis".). That leaves me with only a DS3 and well, I do not want to cause "the big one".

I appreciate it man 👍 You have been a huge help.

Now for another subject, does anyone object moving to sports medium tires?

No problem mate. Glad to help. 👍

Now, tyres..
How are you planning to run the car?
At what specs?
That's cruicial before deciding on what tyre to use.

No problem mate. Glad to help. 👍

Now, tyres..
How are you planning to run the car?
At what specs?
That's cruicial before deciding on what tyre to use.

The car will be run at factory stock specs. All tuning is prohibited, so no upgrades of any kind are allowed. No GT Auto Aero anymore either. I have decided to use the "tuning prohibited" option in the race lobby. The cars will be run at full power limiter (100%) Stock weight as well. I am trying to get a realistic series based on if you went out in real life and bought a 458 with no extra performance parts.

@Paskowitz: no problem buddy 👍 This series is not at the stage of running points races yet. I say this weekend anyone who is interested and if it fits your schedule to run some tests and have some practice this weekend at the times listed on the OP.

Ok, cool..

If so, SH are the tyre of choice in my book.

But the 458 is slightly faster than the 430 Scuderia at stock specs.

Ok, cool..

If so, SH are the tyre of choice in my book.

But the 458 is slightly faster than the 430 Scuderia..

Yea this is supposed to be kind of a hybrid 1 class/2 class series. The F430 will get points separate from the 458.

You think SH, why don't we test SH and SM sometime and come up with a group decision on this. 👍

Yea this is supposed to be kind of a hybrid 1 class/2 class series. The F430 will get points separate from the 458.

You think SH, why don't we test SH and SM sometime and come up with a group decision on this. 👍

Ok. Then I understand! 👍

No group decition is needed.. ;)
SH's are the right one.. Or SM's.. That's up to you as organizer.. In my book at least. 👍

Ok. Then I understand! 👍

No group decition is needed.. ;)
SH's are the right one.. Or SM's.. That's up to you as organizer.. In my book at least. 👍

I am making the executive decision now. SH tires will be used. I chose SH because they are what come on the cars when you buy them. That makes it easier on you because you don't even have to buy different tires from the tuning shop. 👍 I have it in the OP now.

I am making the executive decision now. SH tires will be used. I chose SH because they are what come on the cars when you buy them. That makes it easier on you because you don't even have to buy different tires from the tuning shop. 👍 I have it in the OP now.

Pirellis? Shortest lasting SH tires I've ever seen.

Pirellis? Shortest lasting SH tires I've ever seen.

Pirelli's aside, I am testing right now if anyone wants to join. Let me know. I am actually in a friends lounge right now. I will change if other people want to join.

Edit: done for the night. unrealanthony and I had a great little 3 lapper at Nurb GP/F. He won by 0.002 seconds! It was a lot of fun. The sports hard tires make it almost a requirement to have a wheel of some kind.

Last edited:
Well I might be in but I've already overcommitted myself with school and other series, so we'll see...

Ok man. Don't worry. I have a pretty packed schedule with work, school, and other series as well. 👍 That is why I am going to run more than 1 points race a week as to try an fit everyone's schedule at some point.

We are going to run a test/pre-season race this Saturday at the race time on the OP. I look forward to seeing you guys there.

I'll keep an eye on this as I might be interested, but like a lot of us my schedule is hectic these days. I do like the weeknights and there isn't enough GT5 racing on weeknights!!.

My two cents ...I'd rather just pick one car and have everyone in the same car. Splitting the field means you're going to have a few guys in one car and a few in the other, meaning you'll only have 4,5,6 guys to race against and on some of the bigger tracks it can mean running around by yourself alone a lot. And that's best case. On nights with lower turnouts you might only have 1 or 2 others in your car to run with or if you are in the car that is less popular it may be the same scenario, just a couple of others to drive with. I'd rather see a full field of one car or the other and full grid to race against, providing a much greater opportunity for having someone of relatively equal skill to race with.

If you still want to use both cars, a unique twist (may have been done but I've never seen it) is to use both cars but on different tracks. Each race would only be one type of car, but you might use the Italia at 2 or 3 tracks and the 430 at 2 or 3 others. You could even throw the Enzo in at one of the bigger tracks just for laughs...lol.

I'll keep an eye on this as I might be interested, but like a lot of us my schedule is hectic these days. I do like the weeknights and there isn't enough GT5 racing on weeknights!!.

My two cents ...I'd rather just pick one car and have everyone in the same car. Splitting the field means you're going to have a few guys in one car and a few in the other, meaning you'll only have 4,5,6 guys to race against and on some of the bigger tracks it can mean running around by yourself alone a lot. And that's best case. On nights with lower turnouts you might only have 1 or 2 others in your car to run with or if you are in the car that is less popular it may be the same scenario, just a couple of others to drive with. I'd rather see a full field of one car or the other and full grid to race against, providing a much greater opportunity for having someone of relatively equal skill to race with.

If you still want to use both cars, a unique twist (may have been done but I've never seen it) is to use both cars but on different tracks. Each race would only be one type of car, but you might use the Italia at 2 or 3 tracks and the 430 at 2 or 3 others. You could even throw the Enzo in at one of the bigger tracks just for laughs...lol.

The main reason I added the F430 to this series is to try to still keep some of the more casual racers. It is definitely easier to control than the 458.

As always JP I would love to see you out there competing. 👍

Reminder: We are going to have a race for fun today at 14:00 GMT-6. We will be at Laguna Seca.

The main reason I added the F430 to this series is to try to still keep some of the more casual racers. It is definitely easier to control than the 458.

This doesn't actually say much.

My schedule conflicts, I won't make it.

Back