• Thread starter SMfan
  • 46 comments

SMfan

Premium
Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia

SSRX Glitch Tips by jBhIpS.

Yes, it finally happened! And no, It's not Ilya writing from my account.:D
Instead it's me telling you what I've learned from him.
There's a possibility, he's gonna release a video tutorial for the glitch, but I'm not too sure about that, so because I don't want y'all to wait for too long, and since I got jBhIpS's permission :D,​
I present you the not-so-well-written-but-pretty-useful tips.

So, lets get started with a
simple explanation

Basically, what you need to do is to take a car, go to SSRX, get to about 270 KPH or more (actually the speed doesn't matter that much), drive close to the barrier and start scraping it. You don't need to push hard into it, just make sure you're touching the barrier - sparks flying at the camera are the best indicator.:) Eventually your car is going to go through the barrier a little bit, which will slow you down significantly, when this happens turn into the barrier while still pushing the gas pedal and keep doing it... and doing it... and doing it... until your car goes completely outside the track. Note that it may take a lot of time - the least it ever took me to do it is 5 minutes, but sometimes even 20 isn't enough. Aaaand that's probably it for the simple part.
Oh, one more thing, thanks to jBhIpS for letting me know all of those things.:)

details and additions
[will be updated]

1 - It's highly unlikely to make the glitch work with a different car. I'm still gonna try though.:sly:
As noted by ijkhk4, you can do the glitch in a Lamborghini Gallardo.
Actually, it works with a set of cars, like Lamborghinis and the McLaren F1.
2 - There are certain zones outside the track in which you can drive freely without getting respawned, typicallly these zones are close to the track and are situated in big open areas. You can see the boundaries of these zones, as they are basically the borders of certain textures on the ground.
3 - Please, don't include more than 3 pictures in one post, I want this thread to be informative and easy to use, and pretty sure you'd like it to be this way too:)

Last edited:
That's awesome, many thanks for sharing. 👍
Has anyone tried the different types of GT-R's yet? 24h, Academy edition, etc.

It's always the GT-R, just like when people used to glitch on SSR7 :lol:

It did work for Gallardo but there is a problem that the car will respawn to the main track after driving a short period of time. So I really wonder how jBhIpS can stay in the pier to take shot when the car is steady. Thanks for the tips :cheers:

You'd be on Polyphony Digital's watch list by now, jB. All of these breakout glitches will lead to easy Photomode competition wins, only if many people don't use them.

Thats soooooo cool, I'll go try it out now, and post some pictures if I get it to work.

Last edited:
Wasn't I the one who wrote you a PSN message a few days ago asking how to do this, jBhIpS? Was I the one who got you investigating on this glitch?! :dopey:

Anyway, thanks for your help! I will try that for sure. Just one thing, is there a zone you may not cross if you don't want to get reset? Sounds like it takes a lot of patience to get in so I wouldn't want to get reset few seconds after I'm in. Do I have to be afraid of that while I drive around at the docks? Or fly above the water? :P

Last edited:
I did it with the GTR Black Edition'12, the only problem is the car keeps getting respawn :( There's no need for high speed, I just grind the barrier at 2nd/3rd gear speed, it will stick to the barrier eventually, and pass through.

Thanks for all the kind words from you guys.👍

It did work for Gallardo but there is a problem that the car will respawn to the main track after driving a short period of time.
Tried to do it with a Gallardo and could only get half the car through.:(
So I really wonder how jBhIpS can stay in the pier to take shot when the car is steady. Thanks for the tips :cheers:
He can't. He just gets there , quickly poses and gets respawned.
That's awesome, many thanks for sharing. 👍
Has anyone tried the different types of GT-R's yet? 24h, Academy edition, etc.
Tried the Academy one - works perfectly. And I understand why - it's not the name of the car that allow it to go through, but the shape of it, and all those GT-R are the same shape.
Does it work online, is it the inside or outside wall?
The wall doesn't matter, and it works both on anf off line.
I did it with the GTR Black Edition'12, the only problem is the car keeps getting respawn :( There's no need for high speed, I just grind the barrier at 2nd/3rd gear speed, it will stick to the barrier eventually, and pass through.
Hmm, I thought, high speed gets you outside faster.
Soon I'm gonna provide a couple of examples of areas from which you won't be teleported.

Many thanks for showing this!

Managed to get a few shots there today.
7991118676_2bbf96b9d3_b.jpg

7991109575_578e2776ab_h.jpg

7991119030_59793024c1_h.jpg

Last edited:
Many thanks for showing this!

Managed to get a few shots there today.

Oh, totally forgot about posting pictures. Guys, let's keep it 3 shots a post, just so people wouldn't have to scroll down for 5 hours.:lol:

Guys, let's keep it 3 shots a post, just so people wouldn't have to scroll down for 5 hours.:lol:

Sure thing! Annoying that the shadows disappears when you're out of bounds. :irked:

Some Tips:
In order to have more freedom when shooting! use the camera other ai player in the race or another player online. Switch to it at the moment of pause.
P.S.
It is desirable that his car was near you to avoid having to walk long distance.

Last edited:
Tried to do it with a Gallardo and could only get half the car through.:(

Try to use the right handside of the car. Start going to the guard rail on the right hand side after you have reached 280km/h after passing the starting line. It is better to tune the car to the max to get more power. I also found out that using 4wd car is easier than using 2wd car. Usually the side with the driver sitting is harder to get into the guard rail.

whenever i've tried it i've got half way through but my car has been smashed to bits, wouldn't want to take a photo if a wrecked car anyway!

Didn't think of that!:crazy:

You can also try to fast forward the replay before the car crash into the guard rail until your car is out of track. That will avoid damage too, but sometimes the replay cannot fast forward to the time you want.

Here are some of my shots taken using the Lambo. The car will not respawn near the satellite receiver area and it is relatively easy to get in compare to the pier.

Erm...how exactly do you turn the damage off?!

You need to go to arcade mode (if my translation from the russian version is correct:nervous:). But before that go to settings - arcade mode, where you will find the visual damage setting.

You need to go to arcade mode (if my translation from the russian version is correct:nervous:). But before that go to settings - arcade mode, where you will find the visual damage setting.
Lovely. Thanks a million 👍

Just go to your online lounge and turn off the damage there, then invite your friends to act as camera cars.

Back