can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
apmcheaderwk100.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Gtuned:

"No panning mode 3, no close ups or rig shots. Feel free to use phototravel, just bring out the most realisim you can without resorting to close ups. As for at the track, you're not allowed to stand in the middle of the track and shoot, so there's no close ups or crazy rig shots, but if you want to try to mimic a go pro, I will allow that. And if that wasn't hard enough! You can only use real lens settings. So no 500mm f/1.0 shots. Try looking at real lenses to get an idea of zooms and apertures, or base them off your own lenses.

If this was tl: dr, be as real as possible, shoot as if you were really there."

CARS: Any
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: See above

gtpapmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
  • Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
  • Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
  • You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
  • When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
  • Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
  • A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
  • Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
  • Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 15. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 8-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
  • Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
  • The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtpapmcediting02.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Add lens flares or "artistic" filters to image.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).
  • "Creative cropping". The main "image" must be four-sided, with 90-degree, upright corners.
  • Selective car colour changing: masking different parts to create racing stripes or similar.

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Car body colour change (all stickers/design features must remain, see "Remove Items" rule).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photomode shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline02.jpg

[20.00 GMT]

Competition News:

Welcome to Week 100, folks! I've got some things planned to really celebrate the milestone, they'll all be coming on-line throughout the week (provided I don't get too distracted with Forza Horizon). The PMC thread will be up later today; I completely forgot it was meant to be an H2H theme until I went to put up the thread.

There will be GTP Premium memberships up for grabs, the details of which will stay secret for a little. But I can tell you this: you can't win one without competing...

Thank you's to everybody who've made these such a success - it wouldn't be possible without the community!

:cheers:

Last edited:
Competition News:

Welcome to Week 100, folks! I've got some things planned to really celebrate the milestone, they'll all be coming on-line throughout the week (provided I don't get too distracted with Forza Horizon). The PMC thread will be up later today; I completely forgot it was meant to be an H2H theme until I went to put up the thread.

There will be GTP Premium memberships up for grabs, the details of which will stay secret for a little. But I can tell you this: you can't win one without competing...

Thank you's to everybody who's made these such a success - it wouldn't be possible without the community!

Very good news! :D

Competition News:

Thank you's to everybody who've made these such a success - it wouldn't be possible without the community!

+1 for the photomode community!

The themes just keep getting better and better every week. :sly:

Oh boy,Oh boy,Oh boy,Oh boy,Oh boy,Oh boy. This theme works perfectly for me! I'm going all out for this!

First off, I'd like to say thanks for Zambuca for being okay with my win, I owe ya Zam!

But this is week 100 guys, and I best see some Epic shots in here, I want this to be the hardest poll to decide on and vote on :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

.Long Gone.

Subject may freaking change for good

Imma trash from my oldies first and let's see how it goes. Dino Dalle Carbonare photos inspire me the most for this one.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

Is this ok? :nervous:

to be honest, No. The void spaces won't be elligible this week, even though they're in Phototravel. You can still break out of the locations and use those spots, just not the all black/white/empty spaces.

Hmmm ok :( I thought a studio shot is realistic. I'll change or remove it then

Now to see what I can rustle up for this. Its been a long time folks, and I'm rusty, but for this week I'm making a return.

Yeah, forget that :lol: Seeing the level you guys are at now and my far inferior skills would make any attempts futile.

Good luck to you all and thanks to Kyle for running all these great weeks! :cheers:

Last edited:
@ SlipZtrEm: "Thank you's to everybody who've made these such a success - it wouldn't be possible without the community!" Pat yourself on the back buddy - it's because of guys like you that it's all possible. We just get to benefit from all your work. Thanks!

FINAL ENTRY
*Miata on a mysteriously white place*
Is this ok? :nervous:
I've always wanted where are this photos taken, some weeks ago I asked Gtuned but he didn't reply, or it's edited?
:ouch::confused:

Last edited:
I've always wanted where are this phots taken, some weeks ago I asked Gtuned but he didn't reply, or it's edited?

look up Ferino Design's thread, or his youtube channel. he has greatly detailed videos explaining how to do it 👍

I've always wanted where are this photos taken, some weeks ago I asked Gtuned but he didn't reply, or it's edited?

Sorry, must of never saw that.
It's at the Arwhieler Street location (the one with the Christmas and normal setting) You can glitch the car/driver out and if you go to the far right, you'll find the open white. (it's really just sky, but overexposing brings out the white)

What a great theme for week 100.👍
Also, thank you, SlipZtrEm, for organizing such a great competition for such a long time and keeping it interesting and enjoyable for all of us!

One last thing, guys, have I used this pic as an entry already? Cause if have, it was some significant time ago, and I can't really remember it.

EDIT: Nope, never used it.

Last edited:
*Final Entry

"Autumnal"

* used a 45mm / f16 / at 1/250 sec, from standard eye level .... I think? :dunce: ..... 'click :)

Last edited:
The tones, saturation, colors, everything is sooo perfect! Love it CCS7! :drool:👍

:D Very flattered indeed mitch 👍

.... I thought I'd keep it real by going 'Seasonal' :sly:, it was tough for me especially not using any close-ups/fancy angles :crazy:

F i n a l E n t r y

(Click for Lightbox)

P.S.: I do not think this will pass :nervous:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back