Dream Car Championship - On hold until more interest is gained.

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 170 comments

Should the series include DLC cars and tracks?

• Yes, inlcude DLC cars and tracks

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No, don't include DLC cars and tracks

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes, but only include DLC cars

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Yes, but only include DLC tracks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
coollogo_com-193209925.jpg

Portugal269hires.jpg

When: Races will take place on Thursday nights, the first round will take place on November 15th with a pre-season non-points race on November 8th. Room will open at 7:30pm EST for final practice with qualifying beginning at 8pm EST. Qualfiying will be an open track 15 minute session with a 5 minute break immediately followed by the race.

Where: TBD (either my personal lobby or public lobby)

The Dream Car Championship is based off of various race cars found in GT5. All rules and regulations, points structure, etc can be found at the series support site here - http://www.freewebs.com/granturismocs/

Premiums:

Any Nissan GTR '08 GT500 - 542hp/1200kg
Corvette ZR-1 RM - 552hp/1200kg
Pagani Zonda R - 571hp/1200kg
Ford GT LM SpecII Race Car - 453hp/1200kg
GT by Citroen Race Car - 512hp/1200kg

Standards:

Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 - 501hp/1200kg
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 - 522hp/1200kg
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 - 562hp/1300kg
Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00 - 542hp/1200kg

Forced induction (turbos and superchargers) will not be allowed. All other tuning options are unrestricted.

Only two of each car will be available for the series. There will be a team, individual, and manufacturer championship.

Race distances will be 70 miles with full course cautions. Racing hards and racing mediums will be allowed, however you may only run mediums for one stint.

Room settings:

Grip Reduction set to Real
Slipstream Strength set to Weak
TireWear/Fuel Consumption set to On
Disable Collisions set to Off
Visible Damage set to On
Mechanical Damage set to Heavy
Boost set to Off
Penalty set to None
Start Type set to Grid Start with False Start Check
All driver aids off except for ABS

Race schedule will be as follows:

Fuji Speedway GT - 27 laps
Idianapolis - 27 laps
Nurburgring GP F - 22 laps
Laguna Seca - 32 laps
Monza - 20 laps
Daytona - 20 laps
Cape Ring South - 35 laps
Suzuka - 20 laps

All tracks that offer variable weather will be used with settings set so that realistic weather changes may occur.

Last edited:
Cars/Drivers:

Nissan GTR '08 GT500 - BAZZER
Corvette ZR-1 RM - msc140/o9lifted
Pagani Zonda R - Spazmaticality/
Ford GT LM SpecII Race Car - GTP_Michelin9960
GT by Citroen Race Car - R0ssingt0n/
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca Race Car '00 - RacingOtaku86/ZenkiGuy
Mercedes-Benz CLK-GTR Race Car '98 - LVracerGT/Mitchman17
Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 - Drift_Monkey_868/ MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD
Nomad Diablo GT-1 '00 -

Teams:

cooltext793932019.png

LVracerGT/Mitchman17

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

michel10.png

GTP_Michelin9960

Last edited:
Drivers Championship Standings:

1. LVracerGT - 101
2. Mitchman17 - 75
3. GTP_Michelin9960 - 69
4. RacingOtaku86 - 65
5. Flanked - 54
6. SebaEspinosa93 - 32
T-6. Spazmaticality - 32
7. MLD_DriftMonkey - 28
8. ANFD - 26

Last edited:
Teams/Manufacturer Championship Standings:

1. Jinba Ittai Motorsports - Mercedes-Benz - 175
2. Dodge - 92
3. Michelin Racing - Ford - 69
4. Pagani - 56
5. Nissan - 30
5. Audi - 28
6. Lamborghini - 26

Last edited:
Infractions:

Round 1:

Spazmaticality - 1 race qualifying ban, seasonal probation - Intentional retaliation, verbal misconduct.
Mitchman17 - 2 race probation - Avoidable contact, verbal misconduct.

Round 2:

SebaEspinosa93 - 30 second penalty added to finishing position - failure to use both tire compounds during the race.

Last edited:
This sounds fun, and I am interested, but I'm still deciding my choice of car at the moment. I'll update this post with my choice a little bit later.

UPDATE: After some thinking, perhaps I'll go with the Viper GTS-R. It's one of my favorite race cars, and I don't have to do a lot to get the power down to specs.

Last edited:
This sounds fun, and I am interested, but I'm still deciding my choice of car at the moment. I'll update this post with my choice a little bit later.

Sounds good! Mitch and I are waiting until a few people select their cars so we don't have an unfair advantage in car selection.

Put me down in a Ford... In november I might make one race or two, since practice will be starting at 10:30 PM EST when summer time ends at the USA. In december, when I'll be free of school until the start of February, then I can any race.

NascarManiaco99
Put me down in a Ford... In november I might make one race or two, since practice will be starting at 10:30 PM EST when summer time ends at the USA. In december, when I'll be free of school until the start of February, then I can any race.

Are you trying to say practice starts where you're are at 10:30? Because practice starts at 7:30 PM EST for the United States

Are you trying to say practice starts where you're are at 10:30? Because practice starts at 7:30 PM EST for the United States

Yep, Brazil is usually two hours ahead of EST, so when you guys are on summer time (or summer saving as the PS3 says :lol:), we usually are one hour ahead, when we (Brazil) are on summer time and you guys aren't, we are 3 hours ahead.
And our school year starts at February and ends at November, so in December and January I'm on vacation, so on those months I can make any race. Hope I didn't make it hard to understand.

Ok NascarManiaco I got you added to the drivers list for the Ford GT 👍

Also updated the OP to show the only driver aid allowed is ABS.

Got you added 👍

Only because you have a low post count and I don't have any racing experience with you, make sure you go to the series support site and read all of the rules and regulations.

I will be hosting an open test session tonight at 8pm EST in a public lobby. All are welcome 👍

I've also added a poll asking about DLC cars and track use in the series.

Public lobby is now live for the open test. Track is Indianapolis Road Course.

Edit: Test has been cut short. Seems PSN has gone down for me :grumpy:

Last edited:
It's just a suggestion, but don't you think we should wait on the start of this series until Hurricane Sandy does it's damage in the US and Canada?

RacingOtaku86
It's just a suggestion, but don't you think we should wait on the start of this series until Hurricane Sandy does it's damage in the US and Canada?

I was thinking the same thing. Also it will allow more time to fill the grid. Will most likely make the change later.

OP updated. Series will now start on November 15th with a non-points pre season race on Nov 8th.

Interested but with the Corvette, what about the Z06 RM with same power? The restriction on that car from 100hp is a LOT.

5150S2K
Interested but with the Corvette, what about the Z06 RM with same power? The restriction on that car from 100hp is a LOT.

The Z06 has different suspension settings and I only performance balanced the ZR1. Plus the Z06 sound like a vacuum cleaner. But trust me the Vette still moves 👍

LVracerGT
The Z06 has different suspension settings and I only performance balanced the ZR1. Plus the Z06 sound like a vacuum cleaner. But trust me the Vette still moves 👍

Okay. The ZR1 does sound better...but restricted down that much? Going from peak power at 6800 to 4800 is a big gap. Let me find the link to an old corvette GT1 spec sheet. May be useful. Who knows

http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/c6r/engine_specs.shtml

Team Overdrive

GTPID/PSNID:MajikTom
Raceday PSNID: GTP_Overdrive_67
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nizmo GTR

GTPID/PSNID:Snafubar82
Raceday PSNID: GTP_Overdrive_82
Car: Nissan Xanavi Nizmo GTR

Mitch and I are going to take the GT by Citroen. I'll get the drivers list and OP updated after work tonight 👍

EDIT: Citroen is still available. We're going to test a few of the remaining cars tonight and then decide.

Last edited:
One question: your team name, LV, what does it mean?

I seem to be the only one (at the moment) who doesn't have a teammate. I can try a few others, but I have absolutely no guarnatees with them... Maybe I'll go as a teammate-less racer, but we'll see.

One question: your team name, LV, what does it mean?

I seem to be the only one (at the moment) who doesn't have a teammate. I can try a few others, but I have absolutely no guarnatees with them... Maybe I'll go as a teammate-less racer, but we'll see.

Jinba Ittai is a saying used during the time of Samurai's meaning "horse and rider as one." While Mazda was developing the latest MX-5 they adopted the phrase, updating it to "car and driver as one." 👍

Back