Cr. --

• Thread starter Eks
  • 52 comments

Eks

United States
United States
Brucifxr
I would like the "unpurchase-able" car thing to appear in GT6. (Cr.--)

It may be just me but when browsing cars in GT4 and I came across a car that had to be won, (Cr. --) I liked that little bit of mystery and the "Ooh how do I getthis car?!" feeling.
This is absent in GT5 because cars in GT5 can be bought/traded.

Plus (I think) this would make selecting prize cars easier for PD.

Would you like to see cars with Cr.-- in GT6 or keep it like GT5 where all cars are purchase-able?

👍 I like this idea. Although if you only win a car the first time you complete a race or series perhaps once you win it you are able to purchase it again.

I like BongRipz's idea. And I think the same kind of concept should apply to car trading... you can't trade these cars to someone who hasn't already won them.

Yeah I like the idea too. It really needs to return, but it needs to be done right.

Perhaps have "premium" models like the Veyron Super Sport a CR-- car that you can only win by beating the "Like the wind" race or a Veyron one make championship.

Other rare cars like the Lotus 38 openwheel roadster should be winnable by perhaps finishing 1st in the Indy 500

I am no "novice". Not a pro either, but no "novice".

I would like for you to explain to me atleast 3 valid reasons why it would be easier to get cars..not being able to buy them and having to win them definetley makes it harder to get as you cannot pop out the Cr. but instead having to discover which race rewards you that car, and while doing races to see which one gives you that car increases gameplay time. (Without looking it up on the internet of course.)

And I for one get a hell of alot more joy when I win a car that I have been wanting for ages to own. (Bently Speed 8 on GT4)
On the contrary, in GT5 when I see it, I get the "FINALLY it shows up! :grumpy:" expression after a seemingly endless wait for the UCD to refresh.

I also love the concept of prize cars and don't like the sandbox model many forumers here prefer. Hopefully PD continue the tradition of cars that are exclusively prize cars in GT6's Simulation Mode.

I also love the concept of prize cars and don't like the sandbox model many forumers here prefer. Hopefully PD continue the tradition of cars that are exclusively prize cars in GT6's Simulation Mode.

👍
I am sure the only reason that GT5 did not do it was because there just were not enough cars in the NCD and people would get mad if a used car had Cr.--.

And as BongRipz said, maybe a few cars could be purchase-able after winning it but maybe rare gems like the XJ13 or Mark IV would remain prize cars only..?

I wouldn't mind having un-purchaseable cars in GT6. There is something magic about winning a special car rather than just buying it (Need I remind of GT2-4?).

Eks
👍
I am sure the only reason that GT5 did not do it was because there just were not enough cars in the NCD and people would get mad if a used car had Cr.--.

And as BongRipz said, maybe a few cars could be purchase-able after winning it but maybe rare gems like the XJ13 or Mark IV would remain prize cars only..?
Personally, I never had a problem with the way certain cars were exclusively prize cars in GT3 and GT4. In GT4, it was relatively simple to get the car you want, 1 car per championship and you can re-race to receive multiple copies.

In GT3, there was the prize car carousels for championships, that many others weren't fond of. Me, I liked it. It was an additional event to find out what car you got. And I never got frustrated when I didn't get the car I wanted, because I didn't feel I needed any particular car. I knew if I played the championships enough times, I would eventually collect them all. And I did. And I enjoyed every race in between.

Seriously?? This used to drive me nuts in GT4.

The majority of the cars i wanted were Cr -- (unavailave).
I really struggled with it. It seemed nearly every time i struggled with an event, the leading AI would be driving a car i couldn't get. Then after weeks/months (on & off) of struggling, when i finally did win the single races/championship and i no longer needed it... THEN the game would give it to me as i prize!? Too little too late.

Also, there was an event (championship i think...) where the prize was the Mercedes CLK Touring Car. It was worth 749,000 Crs (or there abouts) when you sold it. Being able to repeatedly sell it and win it again made grinding a lot easier...Unlike the current set up of GT5.

But the unavailable prize cars that weren't available when you needed them, but were then awarded to you when you no longer needed them... NO WAY!!

I wouldn't mind having un-purchaseable cars in GT6. There is something magic about winning a special car rather than just buying it (Need I remind of GT2-4?).

Indeed. What I found more absurd was the fact that worthless relics from GT4 were awarded as prize cars instead of some vehicles that users actually wanted to drive.

It made GT5 feel like a chore to play, among other reasons.

@SimpleBo
1. I have plenty of GT5 experience.
2. None? How would you support your argument if you had none to back it up.
3 and 4. Wanting a car for a long time and knowing that it is obtainable is better than the frustration/dissapointment of the UCD cycles. Insufficient money? You must be talking about GT5's (in some cases) poor prize money awards.
($700,000 for Le Mans :crazy:) You are also forgetting that you can just grind for Cr.

5. I did not understand why you quoted that last "On the contrary, GT5.." bit.

AND you never gave me 3 reasons. You just said things that went against my idea.

@SunsetSailor
Exactly and being rewarded with it made you happy..yes?

Last edited:
Eks

@SunsetSailor
Exactly and being rewarded with it made you happy..yes?

No! It made me frustrated! While being unable to beat this nemesis, i would grow to hate it. Then when i finally got it, i didn't even want it.

No! It made me frustrated! While being unable to beat this nemesis, i would grow to hate it. Then when i finally got it, i didn't even want it.

I guess that is your opinion but for most people, I would assume that they would be joyful upon getting the car you desired. For me it is quite the opposite in GT5 with the UCD and what-not.

Eks

I guess that is your opinion but for most people, I would assume that they would be joyful upon getting the car you desired. For me it is quite the opposite in GT5 with the UCD and what-not.

If it was a car i really wanted then yes! But there were times when it was a car i didn't want, but needed in order to win. In those scenarios when i only wanted the car that was the leading AI, receiving it as a prize when i no longer had any use for it was merely a slap in the face! :grumpy:

Perhaps it would be better to be able to buy the car you need or receive it as a prize from the previous event, and for the prize of the current event to be the car you need for the next event, and so forth. That would solve the issue as far i'm concerned.

I like cars only available as prizes, absolutely. The prize cars in GT5 are horrific. Oh you just won the Formula GT championship, here have a Caterham Seven Fire Blade. Oh, it's standard. lol.

I like cars only available as prizes, absolutely. The prize cars in GT5 are horrific. Oh you just won the Formula GT championship, here have a Caterham Seven Fire Blade. Oh, it's standard. lol.

There's worse, like giving you a car that you already had to buy to participate in the event...

I want this back too. When I played GT3, I had no internet access etc and had to rely on "urban" legends of my school friends. Exploring the game and getting cool prize cars is what GT is about for me ;) (well, in previous GT games of course)

It's a terrible idea that should never return.

If there is a free mode, then I guess they can put it into GT Mode since I wouldn't have to deal with it, but if they're going to make the mistake of forcing progression again, don't make it worse by adding annoying non sense like this.

Every car should be unlocked and free to drive in arcade mode but I've no problem some cars being prizes in career mode.

It's a terrible idea that should never return.

If there is a free mode, then I guess they can put it into GT Mode since I wouldn't have to deal with it, but if they're going to make the mistake of forcing progression again, don't make it worse by adding annoying non sense like this.

One of my favorite moments from GT5 was getting the Red Bull way way before everyone and going online with it and getting all the ooohs and awwws.

Its nice to have some cars only available after finishing a tough challenge, a certain % of the game, a certain endurance race, or something similiar.

I would really like to see real life "rare" cars carry that same feel into GT5, even if just for a little while. GT has always had a Pokemon "gotta catch 'em all" feel to it from the very beginning, so making all cars readily available and easy to get isn't the way to go about it.

Of course the leveling system which at times restricted you from 90% of the cars was a mistake and thats not the way to do it. As I said in my 1st post in this topic it needs to be done right if done at all. Making maybe 20 or so of the worlds most rarest or sought after cars prize cars only. Thats less then 5% of the total cars being hidden.

Make those long endurance races worth your while. Lotus 38 for the Indy 500, Dale Earnhardt #3 '98 for Daytona 500, SSC Tuatara for Nurburgring 24 hours, Bugatti Super Sport for Like the Wind, and so on.

No as it will make it easier for "novices" such as yourself to win the cars. It also decreases the games playing time and also the "pleasure" that is transpired during that gameplay.

Novice? I wonder how long you've been playing GT. I've been playing since nearly the start. It was the first thing I got for my OG Playstation.:grumpy:

And let me ask you. How hard is it really to get even the 20million credit cars?

@BongRipz
Yeah I do not know where he gets off calling people novices.

@Finnracer
I agree:tup:

@Earth & SimonK
All cars in arcade mode like Forza wouldn't be too bad.
And yes maybe 20-50 cars would have Cr.-- and these would be the most sought after. This could increase the value by alot 👍

@Exorcet
I can see where you are coming from but with what Earth/SimonK said
I think that problem could be fixed. :)

@alonsof1fan91
Hehe yes. Debating with friends was good times :)

Nope. One of the few things that GT5 unmistakably did better than previous games, even if the execution even then was pretty poor. I want credits to be the limiting factor in the game. None of this screwing around with arbitrary "oh, you can't buy this car" nonsense.

Nope. One of the few things that GT5 unmistakably did better than previous games, even if the execution even then was pretty poor. I want credits to be the limiting factor in the game. None of this screwing around with arbitrary "oh, you can't buy this car" nonsense.

If they dont have Cr. -- cars, then they need to have more 10-20,000,000 cr. cars.

Nope. The only one in the game that makes any sense as is is the X1. Having even more would just exacerbate the problems GT5 already had with the game economy.

I would like the prize cars to be missing from the dealership entirely, so when you win the car you're surprised (or disappointed xD).

Nope. The only one in the game that makes any sense as is is the X1. Having even more would just exacerbate the problems GT5 already had with the game economy.

I would have let say the McLaren F1 go for around 5M credits, 787b around 10M, Lotus 38 15M, and so on. Just painting them all with a broad 20M brush is not the way to go.

I would like the prize cars to be missing from the dealership entirely, so when you win the car you're surprised (or disappointed xD).

Thats a good idea

I was never a huge fan of the unpurchasable car.

I just like the idea of being able to buy and eventually customize any car if I have the credits to do so.

Back