can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk113.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by youtimestwo:

"Rolex 24 Hrs. of Daytona hails the North American racing year. GT5 has no Daytona prototypes specific but the GT class models are represented and the LMP's are "close". Show some endurance type activity around the speedway!"

CARS: Any suitable classes or combinations thereof
LOCATIONS: Florida East Coast
PHOTOTRAVEL: No
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Mod those GT's up!

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-GT5 editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

[20.00 GMT]

Competition News:

I know we've been sitting at three digits for a while, but can you believe we're at 113 weeks?! Thanks to everybody for keeping these going over the 2+ years 👍

I've already asked Sir U-Squared about a potential list of eligible entrants for this week, or if he can field answers for those enquiring about specific models, but if you're unsure, do remember that Google can answer a lot as well. Also, the rest of the threads shall be coming on-line within the next 12-16 hours. We're slowly getting back on schedule!

Found a spotter guide online and it looks like, for the GT class anyway, eligible cars might be RX8, M3, 911 (RGT?), Corvette, Camaro, R8, Viper, and 458? The GT-ONE also seems like a close look-alike for the prototypes. Just guessing but I will work off this until I we get something from our esteemed themer. :)

Ford GTs as well 👍 gonna he a fun Photoshoot :)

Took me a while to realize what was meant by Florida; the map selection should specify Daytona for the slow ones like me :dopey:

Competition News:
we're at 113 weeks! 👍

Sir U-Squared can field answers for those enquiring about specific models, but if you're unsure, do remember that Google can answer a lot as well.
Check images on google for the "real car" pictures! ;)
Found a spotter guide online and it looks like, for the GT class anyway, eligible cars might be RX8, M3, 911 (RGT?), Corvette, Camaro, R8, Viper, and 458? The GT-ONE also seems like a close look-alike for the prototypes. Just guessing but I will work off this until I we get something from our esteemed themer. :)

Good list for this years GT class DB. 👍 For the proto's, the GT-ONE works well, but I think any forward seated, closed cockpit LMP, kind of reflects the "feel" of the Daytona's (Riley, Dallara, Vette) so let's run with those.

I want to see speed, downforce, vibrant paint and the sense of close quarter comptition that is the Rolex DAYTONA 24 Hours! Tune in to the race this weekend for "real" inspiration. Don't forget that in endurance, alot of action happens in the pit's, just say'in.

History had given us 50 years of Daytona 24 and I've not researched past events but GT5 has plenty of classic cars and racers available, so if you would like to recreate time gone by, make that happen too.

Hope you all have fun with this one, early entries are spot on! keep em comming :)

if confused?
to simplify:

DAYTONA - Road course

Cars: GT class - R8's (+LMS), M3's, RUF's (RGT,BTR,CTR), 458, Camaro (+RM), Vette (C5&6 +RM's), RX-8LM, Viper's
Prototypes class - google Daytona prototypes and use similar looking game LMP's

Last edited:
When I do a google image search I notice Camaro/Mustangs show up in their race versions, but I think thats from the trans am series. But I could be mistaken.

I see a lot of the old ford and Ferrari cars though!

Where was the poll for 112? I never saw it on the forum at all.

FINAL ENTRY

If this car could speak, I know one word it couldn't say: understeer.

Very interested in this. One thing I want to ask though is what would be the maximum size limit? The majority of entries I usually see in these comps are always flickr (even though Photobucket is allowed) and my pics have been exclusively on photobucket so I'm abit unsure how to this.

Very interested in this. One thing I want to ask though is what would be the maximum size limit? The majority of entries I usually see in these comps are always flickr (even though Photobucket is allowed) and my pics have been exclusively on photobucket so I'm abit unsure how to this.

*narrator voice*
Welcome to The Photomode Competitions, RACECAR!

Your entry needs to be no bigger than 500px in either direction!

Here are your do and don't.

And: How to: Photobucket

there is an option on photobucket to choose the uploading size. That is probably where you would find how big your images are that your uploading.

But I strongly recommend you start using flickr, as the images hosted by flickr, are a far cry better then photobucket.

If you compare a photobucket and a flickr image side by side, often times it is enough to make one cry, the difference is that drastic.

I did a comparison once, I might have cried a little.

Welcome to the comps, they are super fun! 👍

Of course this is all my very personal opinion. But these comps are quite competitive, might as well give your self the best advantages you can get!

👍 Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I think I've got it now. Hope to at least have a decent one, I really like this week's theme.

If you compare a photobucket and a flickr image side by side, often times it is enough to make one cry, the difference is that drastic.

I did a comparison once, I might have cried a little.

The reason for this is that a free PhotoBucket account has a 1Mb file size limit. If you upload an image that is larger than 1Mb PhotoBucket compresses it down to 1Mb and it's compression is not pretty! :crazy:
But for images under 1Mb the image quality is not compromised, so it pays to check the file size and use an editing program to properly compress the image to under 1Mb before uploading. ;)
On the plus side for PhotoBucket a free account has no limitations on the number of images you can upload to your account.

FINAL ENTRY
Killin' It

Click for Lightbox!

The reason for this is that a free PhotoBucket account has a 1Mb file size limit. If you upload an image that is larger than 1Mb PhotoBucket compresses it down to 1Mb and it's compression is not pretty! :crazy:
But for images under 1Mb the image quality is not compromised, so it pays to check the file size and use an editing program to properly compress the image to under 1Mb before uploading. ;)
On the plus side for PhotoBucket a free account has no limitations on the number of images you can upload to your account.

I knew that compression was the culprit, I didn't know however that if you upload a file bigger then 1mb it does dirty things to it.

Good info, thanks 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back