What is Gran Turismo 5 capable and not capable of with hacks?

• Thread starter F40LM
  • 22 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

F40LM

http://www.twitter.com/GTAAFK
Premium
United Kingdom
England
FordLM
F40LM
I only want to understand what can be done.

Gran Turismo 5 is capable of doing with hacks the following things.

1. Lowering/raising car beyond limits

2. Lowering/raising BHP/power

3. Lowering/raising weight

4. Editing Drivetrain ( RR, FR, MR and 4WD)

5. Editing paintwork

6. Take advantage of PP system to earn highest currency limit in Online Seasonals ONLY

7. Change Category of cars e.g Race car > Road car, Ferrari > Lamborghini etc

8. Reach speeds of up to 931 MPH ( My record )

Gran Turismo 5 is not capable of doing with hacks the following things.

1. Changing stock wheels with hacks

2. Taking pictures with standard cars in photomode.

No explanations on how it can be done, only what can be done and can't be done please.

Last edited:
You can edit PP values, change the sound the car makes and edit the weight. This is all I know so far. You can also edit suspension settings to make your car sit really low.
You can't change the 'category' a car is - I.E you can't turn a Ferrari into a Lamborghini Road Car category if you know what I mean. You can't edit the ride height for all cars, they sometimes go invisible or just glitch out, such as the Tank Car.

You can tune the car more with hybrids.
I got the DeLorean (I think that's it) and it had a transmission tuned over 800MPH.

You can change ANYTHING that has a value! Anything is hackable, the hard part is finding out what to change and what to change it to.

Anything is hackable, are you sure, even width and length? :lol:

Whats finally possible is to get my Viper GTS at a proper sports car ride height. PD never fixed it so the hack will if i can only get it to work. Wish there was a way to hack in the classic GTS blue/white color combo for the Viper GTS...

Curses.......You cant alter the ride height of the GTS. I tried every value.....Looks like its back to the drawing board for me on that front.

Last edited:
I don't get the purpose of this thread as it's just assumptions being thrown around and the 'things-we-want-so-badly-since-day-1-but-still-can't-get-into-the-game' category could be continued forever.

Also, with hacks anything is possible. The thing is that the modified cars and stuff that's shared around are modifications of the save data, not necessarily done by hacking into the game data. There's a line between those words, mixing them up means different things.

I don't get the purpose of this thread as it's just assumptions being thrown around and the 'things-we-want-so-badly-since-day-1-but-still-can't-get-into-the-game' category could be continued forever.

Also, with hacks anything is possible. The thing is that the modified cars and stuff that's shared around are modifications of the save data, not necessarily done by hacking into the game data. There's a line between those words, mixing them up means different things.

Your first paragraph is pointless as this thread is nothing about that. Lets see you take one line I wrote and spread that across the whole thread. Brilliant 👎.

Now the second paragraph I agree with thats why Im ok with doing it. My use of hack was errant.

I want to know what can be done and ask if someone if they could maybe do it.
I'd like to know what people are capable of so I can use that to my advantage.
That is the point of this thread, so hah in your face for trying to shoot my thread down as pointless.
You didn't get the purpose of this thread well think harder next time, try using your brain.

Where did I mix anything?

Last edited:
GT5 Capable with hacks.

- Chassis change :) I love this! I literally seen a Scion FRS or it was the 86. It looked amazing, it was like less than 2 cm (tyre hitting the fender).

I like the paint hacking, very cool, my new F2007:

SanGimignano-TownSquare_zps1aea5546.jpg

Only downside, not permanent, once out of the car it reverts back to the original colour.

Last edited:

Only downside, not permanent, once out of the car it reverts back to the original colour.

Hope you figure out a permanent way :)

I would be willing to backup the save of this car if I could, so does that mean you won't be able to share the painted cars?

Can you only edit cars you are in or can you edit cars from your favourite list or something?

Last edited:
I want to know what can be done and ask if someone if they could maybe do it.
I'd like to know what people are capable of so I can use that to my advantage.

This thread is heading down a dark path.

That is the point of this thread, so hah in your face for trying to shoot my thread down as pointless.
You didn't get the purpose of this thread well think harder next time, try using your brain.

Where did I mix anything?

I for one think this thread is pointless because anything, I mean ANYTHING that is hardware or software related is capable of ANYTHING!! You can technically change the GT logo to a picture of your face, it's all about searching GTs database.

If your only intention is to find out what "existing" mods are out there, that's fine. Looking for hacks on the other hand is not! This isn't a hacking site. From what I've seen here, management will allow you to share them but not teach each other how to make them.

Edit: Your thread title and what you posted (what I quoted from you) aren't exactly the same, that's where the mix up is! I'm not even clear what you're looking for anymore. Good luck!

Not sure why people want to ruin games like this. PD will now have to spend time closing the loopholes that allow these hacks.

Good chance it will ruin online.

That`s beautiful.
GT5 Could have been much better without so many restrictions...

Hope you figure out a permanent way :)

I would be willing to backup the save of this car if I could, so does that mean you won't be able to share the painted cars?

Can you only edit cars you are in or can you edit cars from your favourite list or something?

Sadly just the car you are in, I have a feeling it reverted back because the F2007 is normally unpaintable and when the changes I made to the save did not apply to that car (the car I was in) it reverted back to default. Also it did not change the color of the car in the garage, only in race, gt auto & tuning shop. I would share it but sadly I actually broke the save I was using, no big loss as not main save. Backup also was broken, weird but anyway, life goes on. :dopey:

Edit, actually found a slightly older backup of that save on my other PS3, only missing a few cars hehe. 👍

Last edited:
I for one think this thread is pointless because anything, I mean ANYTHING that is hardware or software related is capable of ANYTHING!! You can technically change the GT logo to a picture of your face, it's all about searching GTs database.

Why, a mathematician's answer. How helpful.

If nothing else, and regardless of the OP's intention, this thread will be useful to stop the spread of misinformation about the cars that has been so prevalent every time they come up in the threads in the main forum.

These restrictions are just a small price we pay for such quality driving on a console.

Yes. The game is so much better because the F2007 is only available in two colors.

Last edited:
I personally am enjoying my time reading this thread, but to the OP.. Maybe you should rename the thread to "Share your GT5 modding capabilities" or something or the sort.. It honestly would probably be a big hit! 👍

This thread is heading down a dark path.

If your only intention is to find out what "existing" mods are out there, that's fine. Looking for hacks on the other hand is not! This isn't a hacking site. From what I've seen here, management will allow you to share them but not teach each other how to make them.

Edit: Your thread title and what you posted (what I quoted from you) aren't exactly the same, that's where the mix up is! I'm not even clear what you're looking for anymore. Good luck!

I only want to know what it is that can be done in this game.

Of course you could mod the game to be something like Grand Theft Auto and go beyond the barriers and explore, you just have to have the knowledge but no one here has that kind of knowledge so I would appreciate it if you shut up and stay out my thread, if you haven't got anything useful to say that is. towards the help of my thread.

You don't need to know what I am looking for, but I'll tell you, I want knowledge about Gran Turismo 5 hacks.

Just because I say I will ask someone if they can mod this or that doesn't mean that my thread is going down a bad path.
Its going down the same path as " Hybrid Trading Thread: READ 1st POST! (Ran Across a 3,000hp EK) "

If people want to use this information to break rules or something else bad then let them, that is their choice not anyone else's.

KiroKai and Bluntified you both need something else to do with your time, instead of trying to make me a angry bunny wabbit.
Read book or watch some pawn movies not something like telling someone their thread is useless, that is a moderators role.

I personally am enjoying my time reading this thread, but to the OP.. Maybe you should rename the thread to "Share your GT5 modding capabilities" or something or the sort.. It honestly would probably be a big hit! 👍

Thanks jgancherjr but KiroKai and Bluntified have already made this thread interesting with them trying to be cool and failing miserably.
Thanks and I will follow your friendly advice my good buddy! :lol:

Is it my profile picture that makes people want to piss me off, I would probably do the same I saw this bunny?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back