GTP Formula D Season 4 | New OP Please READ

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 630 comments

Would you like the rounds to take place on Saturday afternoons?

• Yes, Saturday afternoons would be better.

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No, Keep the original day and time.

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
fd-5-1680x1050.jpg

OP IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Start Date: TBD

Tuesday Nights @ 9pm EST in my lounge GTP_LVracerGT* - Room will open for practice @ 8:30pm EST
Talented drifters battle for a 8 round drift championship! (Prizes are an added bonus over bragging rights)

Changes for Season 4
Schedule changes
600pp Limit
No HP Limit

- *There will only be 8 drivers for points tandems in each round. Qualifying runs will begin at 9pm EST and tandems will begin immediately after. See tandem rules below for pairing info.

General Rules:

RWD only
Must use the same car the entire season
Street cars only. No RM's/Race Cars/D1 cars allowed.
Unrestricted tuning with a 600pp limit
Comfort hards only
Competition rounds will be held in my personal lobby. Only send me a FR if you are on the drivers list/reserve list.
You must not have any issues with your internet/connection

New Sign Up Format:

PSN id:
Car:
HP:

Teams Info:

There will be a team championship as well as an individual drivers championship. Only two drivers may represent a team. The individual points scored for each round will be added between the two drivers to make up team points.

Lobby Rules:

- During tandems do not type anything into chat or talk over the mic. It is distracting to the drivers. If you are a repeat offender you will be asked to leave or be removed from the lobby. This will be strictly enforced.

- Absolutely no honking during competition tandems. Doing so will be an automatic round loss. This will be strictly enforced.

- If there is a incident or situation you are unhappy with send me a private message over PSN during competition, or PM here at GTP. Arguments during competition will not be tolerated. They are distracing and delay competition.

On the same note, slander or personal attacks will not be tolerated and are grounds for permanent removal from the series.

Tandem Rules:

- Stay off the track unless it is your turn to compete. Offenders will be removed from the lobby.

-Judging will be based on angle, clipping points, how closely you can follow, and consistency.

-Car pairing will be based on qualifying. The number 1 qualifier will be paired against the number 8 qualifier in true bracket style. Pairings are as follows:

1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5

-When 2 cars line up the car on the outside of the first turn will be the lead car on the first pass. When lining up for the second pass the order will be flipped. I.E. the car on the outside of the first pass will line up on the inside of the second pass to follow.

-Courtesy rolls will be enforced.

-If the following car initiates contact mid-drift and causes the lead car to spin or lose the drift they will be docked.

-If a car leading spins or contacts the wall the car following will not be penalized for contact.

2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 4 points

1st tandem loss - 1 point

Drivers List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvowMmuHlYJrdC1sZ0NQTURxY3NmdXNldUhpN3poTVE#gid=0

Schedule Color Code:

Green = Start
Blue = Clipping points
Red = Finish

Track Schedule TBD

Round 1 Teaser - Madrid *Special thanks to MOTORTRENDmitch*

Last edited:
PSN ID: anthaliscious
Car: BMW 135i
Hybrid/Normal: Hybrid
HP: 450-480
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: BMW 135i
Engine: BMW M47 (Supercharged)
Drivetrain: BMW 135i

We should do a few pre-season events to see how these hybrids play out.

Last edited:
PSN id:blueninjacivic
Car: Nissan Silva S13
HP:565-664(track determines which turbo i use)
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: Nissan 300zx
Engine: EVO IX
Drivetrain: Nissan S13

PSN Id: Fastfox400
Car: Nissan GTR R34
HP: 734
~If hybrid~
Chassis: Corvette C6 ZR1
Engine: Nissan JGTC GTR VH45 twin turbo
Drivetrain: Corvette C6 Z06

Last edited:
PSN id: Drift_Monkey_868
Car: Silvia S15
HP: 600hp
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: S15
Engine: 2JZ-GTE
Drivetrain: S15

We should do a few pre-season events to see how these hybrids play out.

That's a good idea. I'll plan on hosting some test sessions either tomorrow or next weekend. I still don't know which car I'm going to use lol.

Since all these new mods are out, does anyone else think that setting a tire width restriction based off of car weight be a good idea ? Like in real life.

Its hard to set a width restriction because of no actual measurements to go by.

I find the PP limiting useless, You can easily use a race chassis and get good 500 - 550 HP with still keeping under 600PP. An inspection as you will do it is the only way to check the chassis.
I would like to use a car that has 627PP, If I reduce Power until it has 600PP I lose 400hp... Yes this car is very high powered, but it's meant to be like that and it sits on a street chassis.

So maybe raise the PP limit a bit, just in my opinion. But even at 600 it won't help much or at all.

PSN id:iUnknowN-96
Car:GT-86
Hybrid/Normal:Hybrid
HP:480
~If Hybrid~
Chassis:NSX
Engine:N/A 2JZ
Drivetrain:FR

8563679570_60f336e12e.jpg

Last edited:
PSN id: DoriUnion-Naoki
Car:Rx-7 sprite R 02
Hybrid/Normal:Hybird
HP:600
~If Hybrid~
Chassis:Blitz ER34
Engine:RB26

I find the PP limiting useless, You can easily use a race chassis and get good 500 - 550 HP with still keeping under 600PP. An inspection as you will do it is the only way to check the chassis.
I would like to use a car that has 627PP, If I reduce Power until it has 600PP I lose 400hp... Yes this car is very high powered, but it's meant to be like that and it sits on a street chassis.

So maybe raise the PP limit a bit, just in my opinion. But even at 600 it won't help much or at all.

What's stopping people from duplicating the cars and putting the "legal" one on the shared and the modded one for the comp?

When you change the chassis the offset will change, and you can see that in almost every case.
Who would mod his car in an illegal way? If you can't compete with a legal that's so freakin poor...

Anyway, Lv has to decide that, that was my 23231324 cents :P

Here's my sign up for now

PSN id: monsterGAUZ
Car: Mercedes C63 AMG
HP: 730
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: BMW M3 E92
Drivetrain: Mercedes C63 AMG

Last edited:
DWorks- will do my sign up with our cars on the same pic

Last edited:
When you change the chassis the offset will change, and you can see that in almost every case.
Who would mod his car in an illegal way? If you can't compete with a legal that's so freakin poor...

Anyway, Lv has to decide that, that was my 23231324 cents :P

Here's my sign up for now

Car: Toyota GT86
HP: 700
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: Aston Martin Vantage V12
Engine: Mazda 26B Quad Rotor (787B Race car)
Drivetrain: Toyota GT86

I can't wait for this! Im using my GT86 too! Goodluck broski 👍

The PP limit is there to help guard against all the modding options available now that provide performance advantages. I see your point, but I can't change the regulations for one person. It's nothing personal.

PSN id: DoriUnion-Naoki
Car:Rx-7 sprite R 02
Hybrid/Normal:Hybird
HP:600
~If Hybrid~
Chassis:Blitz ER34
Engine:RB26

Sorry Ryuji, but the Blitz chassis won't be allowed. You're going to have to find a street chassis. That's a purpose built drift chassis with downforce.

What's stopping people from duplicating the cars and putting the "legal" one on the shared and the modded one for the comp?

What's hopefully stopping them is the fear of getting permanently banned from the series. Because of how easy it is to cheat now I'm leaving no tolerance for anyone. If you cheat, it will be noticeable. If someone is suspected of cheating they will be investigated. If they're deemed guilty, they will be removed from competition and all points stripped.

So am I good to go LV? xD

Yeah you should be, as long as there's no downforce added to your NSX chassis 👍

What's hopefully stopping them is the fear of getting permanently banned from the series. Because of how easy it is to cheat now I'm leaving no tolerance for anyone. If you cheat, it will be noticeable. If someone is suspected of cheating they will be investigated. If they're deemed guilty, they will be removed from competition and all points stripped.

Yeah you should be, as long as there's no downforce added to your NSX chassis 👍

There is NO downforce added to her! :)👍

Changing sign up

Car: Mercedes C63 AMG
HP: 730
~If Hybrid~
Chassis: BMW M3 E92
Drivetrain: Mercedes C63 AMG

I feel very comfortable with the 2JZ as well as with a kraut chassis :D So I'm gonna stick with that.

I feel very comfortable with the 2JZ as well as with a kraut chassis :D So I'm gonna stick with that.

Ok :nervous: but I still wanna help you with that GT86. By The Way, What engine is in your GT86? I got a N/A 2JZ :sly:

Back