Style: 2-Door Coupe and Convertible, 4-Door Sedan
Engine: 2.0L, 2.5L, and 2.8L Twin Turbo V6; 180-285 HP
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual, 3-Speed Automatic
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive

Wikipedia

Nomination Thread

👎:yuck: Seriously uncool.

Tack another one onto this list.

The only things that slightly redeem it is the 285hp and a 5 speed manual. Other than that, ew.

Last edited:
It seems like this car gets a lot of hate. I think it's kind of cool. Not the coolest Maserati by a longshot but still cool.

Last edited:
Uncool. It looks like the love child of a Lancia Thema and an E28 BMW 5-Series.

The picture doesn't do it justice. In real life and with proper wheels, and a darker color it is actually a pretty nice 80's car. And when proper maintained, it has quite some handling too.

But as the man who lost an O said : unreliable and costly to drive. The turbos like to go fast and with a bang. Terrible piece of poop to work on.

I'll stick with cool.

Certainly not a quality car, or a durable one, but I find it neat. Sorta seems like an Italian 3-Series to me. I like it. I'd like to see more of its kind in the future, so I voted cool.

Sub Zero. One of the first twinturbos, and it was even before the age of fuel injection! This was made when Maserati had plans for a motor that had 6 valves per cylinder. 6! And nowadays, these are cheap classics for those who want a car with soul and passion and love to tinker around with finicky old electronics and such. I want one.

I'll take square 80's car over the early 90's jellybeans. Remember Ford Taurus? Yeah.. That's why.

Cool because it will make you want to kill yourself before trying to fix it up. These perky cars had flavor. Would never touch one.

EDIT: Well yeah, maybe to drop in a twin turbo Buick V6.

It's a FR, and it's a Maserati, cool.

V6 though, eww.

It was based on the V6 from the Merak, but yeah. Shamal was better.

I like the Karif and Spyder, though, and those are technically Biturbos; and the fact that they were all decent cars when they actually worked was impressive, as rare as that was.

Uncool, seems like it's a car someone would buy just to be able to say they own a Maserati.

Sadly, forced induction motors, especially turbocharged ones, rarely sound special.

Latest Posts

Back