Stats that Matter:
Production(?): 2007+
Style: 1-Door "Coupe"
Engine: 3.5L V8 - 575 HP
Transmission: 6-Speed Sequential
Layout: Mid-engine, Rear-drive
0-60: Estimated<2.5 Seconds
Top Speed: Estimated 205 MPH

Apparently, no one has really fully tested the car enough to get accurate numbers.

Wikipedia

Nomination Thread

This is Seriously Uncool, without question.

It poses as a race car, it poses as a road car, and like most posers, does neither. For it to race, it would have to have more than 16 cars to be in GT, and would have to be boosted to reach P2 levels. It can't handle a country road, no matter what they put on it to claim otherwise, and you would only turn it over before the police show up.

I could go on, and might later.

Another supercar that does nothing to stir the soul.

I'm sure it's really fast, and awesome to drive, but even an R8 has more character than that. (And I dislike the R8, a LOT.)

I voted cool. Lots of power, lightweight, V8, and nothing really looks much like it (almost looks like a IRL X1 from GT5). It certainly would be a site on the street, that's for sure. I like it.

This would be a track car only, so it's not practical in the sense of everyday driving. For that, it's uncool. But the coolness overpowers the uncool in this case.

Last edited:
Up:

-Well... just look at it. Not like it takes a lot of explaining.

Down:

-Well... just look at it. Not like it takes a lot of explaining.
-Also, no heritage that I know of.

= Cool

It was a tough call, but in the end I think the sheer "WOW" effect cancles out the vague undertones of uncoolness.

I voted "cool" simply for the track day factor. I wouldn't imagine someone purchasing one with something else in mind.

People would think that you have a seven year-old mind if you owned one of these.

Seriously Uncool.

Apparently, no one has really fully tested the car enough to get accurate numbers.

That's because they're afraid of being turned into leather.

Any car that needs a convoy of emergency vehicles is seriously uncool. Not to mention it seems like it would be completely un-driveable on public roads.

I'm going to be "that guy" and vote sub zero. This thing can supposedly drive on the roof of an O-shaped tunnel thanks to its downforce. It looks like a racecar and performs close to one. I love how it is street legal, yet track ready.

Although it is sub zero in my book, there are some problems with it. You need to go very fast to generate enough downforce in turns, it's caught fire while testing and the floor fell out on Top Gear. Anyway, I still love this car. Thanks for posting this car.

Sub Zero. It will take a racing driver or experienced trackday veteran to get the best out of it, and even then it'll have plenty left on the table. It's cramped, not very practical, potential deathtrap as well as uncomfortable to drive. Maintenance is probably a nightmare.. So, it is beyond posers, footballers and such, which leads to sub zero status.

Seriously Uncool - Compromised as a road car to the point where i imagine owners will trailer them everywhere. Too fast as a trackday car to the point where circulating with other lesser cars would be at best very annoying, and at worst very dangerous. If you want one just for track use, you'd be better off saving yourself £150k and buying a ten year old GP2/F3000 or Indy/Champ car and circulate even quicker.

Sub Zero from me. It's the absolute closest representation of an F1 car for road use and it will smash the face of a Veyron in acceleration. Also it's got a great sense of humour about it just for the "why the hell not" factor.

Street legal racing cars work on a track but because their road legal, doesn't necessarily mean they work at all.

Sub Zero from me. It's the absolute closest representation of an F1 car for road use

An F1 car 'for the road' is a terrible idea and also irrelevant. Saying it's cool because of that is like saying the wienermobile is cool because it's the absolute closest representation of a hotdog for road use.

Cool, it smacks you in the face once you look at it, but when you find out it's fire-prone and well, has some kinda disappointing numbers, you calm down a little bit.

BTW TheCracker, that's a sigg'er. xD

Seriously Uncool - Compromised as a road car to the point where i imagine owners will trailer them everywhere. Too fast as a trackday car to the point where circulating with other lesser cars would be at best very annoying, and at worst very dangerous. If you want one just for track use, you'd be better off saving yourself £150k and buying a ten year old GP2/F3000 or Indy/Champ car and circulate even quicker.

This ^^

Pointless/useless on the road.

No use as a track day car as it's too loud to pass the noise limit on all but a select few tracks that have occassional 'loud' days (such as Donnigton Park).

Even if you do find a track day that it can get on, you'll be travelling so much faster than everything else that you'll hardly ever be able to use it to it's potential even if you have the necessary skills.

Rather than buying a pretend race car, go buy a proper race car and race it.

Oh, and have they actually built and sold any?

I've seen three circulating around on the Internet. All three were on test reviews that were interrupted or even cut short because of catching on fire (Fifth Gear) or just breaking down in general (TGUK, and TG Australia where I believe the gearbox kicked the bucket).

This is a seriously uncool car and I don't even know why they bothered with it. It's a completely useless road vehicle and you'd probably drive it living in fear that it would either catch fire or have to bring it back into the pits because some part of the mechanicals has 🤬 up. And if you want a very quick all-out track day special why not go for an Ariel Atom V8?

Isn't that the car that tried to burn Clarkson .... twice ?

Well the idea and shape is cool. The actual thing is as it seems is not in those areas.

Isn't that the car that tried to burn Clarkson .... twice ?

Well the idea and shape is cool. The actual thing is as it seems is not in those areas.

It was Jason Plato who got burned when driving it. The floor broke when Clarkson drove it.

Oh, and have they actually built and sold any?

Wiki page states 16 have been built as of 2012. Production was supposed to begin in 2007 at 25 per year. I used 2007 as the start year, so thaaaaaats..... a bit over 3 per year in 5 years.

Gordon Murray was involved. Sub Zero. They made the mistake of allowing journalists to drive pre-production prototypes that were obviously not fully sorted. You can't come back from repeated public failures. It's failure and subsequent fall into to obscurity assures it's sub zero status in my bok.

Last edited:
caparo-t1-cop-car-1-big.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here. ;)

EDIT: Wow. How about that for my first picture I posted in a thread? :lol:

Look at the thing. It absolutely screams from the rooftops "look at me" more than if it sounded a bullhorn every time you pressed the throttle.

It couldn't be more uncool if it was built on the Sun.

Seriously uncool. You would look like a total goon driving that thing around. Sure the concept is pretty cool and I wouldn't turn down a rip in one, but the T1 is just goofy.

I'm torn. I really, really like the idea, and I'm sure it has epic performance.

But that can't stop it from being seriously uncool.

@Toronado

A "look at me" car is not, inherently, uncool. Some are, becuase when you're actively seeking attention you've gotta make sure you get it right. But just because a car is supposed to gain attention does not make it uncool. By your logic a Toyota Camry would be the coolest car ever.

Back