• Poll closed .
United States
Texas
Ford Mustang Cobra II nominated by Slashfan

1976-ford-mustang-ii-cobra.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: 1976-1978 (King Cobra-1978)
Style: 2-Door Coupe, 3-Door Hatchback
Engine: 2.3L I4(89-92 HP), 2.8L V6(93-102 HP), & 5.0L V8(140 HP, King Cobra's only engine)
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
0-60(V8): 10.5 Seconds
Top Speed(V8): 106 MPH

Note: Cobra II and King Cobra, below, were merely appearance packages.

1978-Ford-Mustang-King-Cobra.jpg

Wikipedia

Nomination Thread

What is this? This is what happens when someone gets put in intensive care, released, and is on light duty. This was the Mustang on life support. How do they make up for that? By trying to be flashy. Back then it worked though, and I'll admit that the Cobra II is ok to look at. The King Cobra, though, just looks like a crap rip-off of the Firebird T/A, which it was inspired by.

Not terrible, but the anemic engines shove it solidly down to Uncool.

Engine: 2.3L I4(89-92 HP), 2.8L V6(93-102 HP), & 5.0L V8(140 HP, King Cobra's only engine)

:lol:

That is so uncool. Having sex with a fattie in scolding desert heat, with her being on top would be better to cope with.

But. I like the styling of the Mustang 2, not so much the Cobra livery, but the styling itself makes me tingle inside. So, I'll award it a cool. 👍

As much as I hate the ll, l absolutely love the Cobra because absurd. I'll vote cool and say to myself they have potential once thrown a couple thousand bucks :lol:

Seriously uncool. It's hideous, and the most powerful engine makes just 140 bhp. Despite what it wants you to think, it's not a shelby, and it's basically an appearance package for that generation of Mustang. It's hard to think of a car less cool than this.

It was seriously uncool when it came out, but now it's not as bad.

Still uncool for the lack of power though.

Cool in that 70s kind of way, but only just. Those engine choices are just pitiful...

The King Cobra would be seriously uncool if it was the one we were judging here, but something about the Cobra II from that angle...yeah, just barely nudged into cool.

The poorest excuse ever for a 'Stang .... total garbage.

To the scrap heap / crusher she goes .... seriously uncool.

I actually like the looks of the Mustang II... but the Cobra? If I think the current Shelby GT500 is uncool, despite the performance to back up the overwrought looks... I can't give this one, which is all about the looks and nothing else, a pass.

It's slow, massively underpowered. Didn't really deserve a Mustang badge, can't imagine what the initial reaction was like when this first went on sale.

But the styling just oozes '70s coolness and they are pretty rare these days compared to other Mustangs. Plus there's also something about it that gives it presence.

I vote cool.

There'san illustration of this very car next to Seriously Uncool's dictionary definition.

I'm baffled with this one. I like the looks of it, but since I saw it, I knew here was something wrong about it. Reading the performance figures of it seconds later confirmed my doubts.

This is easily in the list of the 10 worst vehicles ever made. I'm also impressed how they managed to get such little power out of such a massive engine, to put it in perspective my car has 3.0L less of displacement and still had 20hp more. I know it was the 70's and all but my god.

I understand what Ford was trying to do and I don't think a Mustang with a small engine is a bad idea, but starting off with a Pinto wasn't exactly the best beginning point. I'm not sure why anyone bothered with this when cars like the Celica and the 240Z were arguably much better vehicles. Sure they might not have been as fast, but they definitely had a better chassis though.

Also the gratuitous use of brown doesn't help the either either, but I guess everything was brown in the 70's :lol:

I saw a king cobra tonight at a show, and it's not as ugly in real life as it is in photos. It's still seriously uncool, though.

Unfortunately, there wasn't an option for it being so rubbish that they had someone put it up on their post box the farther west the audience member lived...

I absolutely hate a 10.6 0-60 mph time. This car must have came out during the Carter administration. Bad looks, bad specs. Uncool.

Okay, this isn't even trying...I love my kid's artwork, but I don't convince art dealers to fork over fortunes for it.

About as cool as living in a gas crisis can be, which just preceded this and it's impacts can be felt here.

Seriously uncool.

Although, I sort of like the look of the mustang II cobra and king cobra, I deem this car uncool on the based that it has a 5.0L v8 and has very few hp from it. The Mustang II on top of that is the worst incarnation of the mustang due its lack of power all just to save a few mpg. Uncool!

Driving one of these ironically or with a sense of humor could make the driver cool. The car, on the other hand, is the measuring stick of seriously uncool. I can only think of a few cars more uncool than this.

The are no words to describe how uncool this car is. How you can go from something as cool as the original Mustang to this is beyond belief, I hope the people responsible for this car lost their jobs after this.

The coolest thing about this car is......

It gave it's front suspension to many great hot rods if the form of kits.:) Outside of that seriously uncool!:yuck::yuck:

Seriously Uncool. These were so bad that there's next to none of them in craigslist and people sell everything there..

...No. The horsepower numbers...

Seriously Uncool based mainly on that. Looks are fine.

Back