Should PD start a poll on cars featured in future games ?

• Thread starter lGNAl
  • 61 comments
Saudi Arabia
Riyadh
l1stPlacel
PD can start the poll on the GranTurismo website. Listing renowned auto manufacturers alphabetically, then car models by year under that. Car models from these manufacturers can start from the 1940's (beggining of hotroding), up untill the time the game is to be released. Lets say each user can make a 1000 votes, with the rest to be chosen by PD. 💡💡

Last edited:
That wouldn't be possible in an adequate amount of time. There's a billion (probably literally) cars out there.

They should just do like Rock Band did and have a suggest a car link on the site. After you start typing it filled in the rest from what other users voted or you filled it all in yourself if nobody had.
I'm sure that would give them a pretty good idea what users would want in upcoming GT games or DLC.

That wouldn't be possible in an adequate amount of time. There's a billion (probably literally) cars out there.

Maybe a couple of thousand ya, but I dont think they exceed 50,000 models (of renowned manufacturers) .. i'll add to my topic, ur kinda right .. could be done for GT7

A 'suggest a car' idea, will just end with having thousands of cars. From a production standpoint, every 2 weeks, they should give us a poll with 10 cars, preferably cars that relate (10 supercars, 10 Ferraris, 10 80s rally cars, etc) that we vote on. The winner will be added to the game via DLC. Give PD 2 months to model, texture, and prep the car for the game, and voila, done. Odds are they could easily get CAD models to modify for the engine, which speeds up the modeling time.

They do claim to read the forums, and listen to the community, but something like this would allow direct involvement, something that would get people more interested, and bring more confidence in PD to give us what we're looking for.

Though I agree it seems like an unrealistically good idea, I don't see why it wouldn't work out. I mean, sure, everyone would nominate EVERY. CAR. EVER. MADE as proven by GTPs own car wishlist forum. But if PD could do something like asking us to fill a form with a couple of cars of which we input manufacturer, model, version and year. At the end of the process, the 50 or so cars that have been asked for the most get in the game. Simple. Of course, logistics could get in the way so they could end up trimmng the list up a bit and moving #51 to #50 because #39 couldn't be modelled.

I think it's time for Kaz to allow a different criteria selection other than "his vision". I know the guy is 100% "We love cars" material, but his vision isn't perfect and it's beggining to hurt the game. GT may still be ahead of the competition in cover some fields of the automotive world, JDM specially (and even a proper coverage of JDM was overlooked in GT5 premium list!), but is falling behind because they're overlooking others that are far more pressing in terms of popularity. Premium Kubbelwagen but no premium M3 E30? Premium iMIEV but no premium Veyron? For crying out loud...

Well I would say they could have a poll with a bunch of cars and let people vote on them but nothing crazy like 1000 votes per person, more like let each person pick their 10 favorites off the list and then a few of those with the most votes after 6 months or so get slated to add to the game.

There is no way they could let the users pick 1000 cars and have the game ready for release in the next 10 years.

People don't want to wait 6 months to get content though. Do one vote every 2-4 weeks, and that's one added car to DLC each month.

Good idea for dlc,but would take forever for the core of the game,and then there's no guarantee they'll get/be able to afford the license anyway.

Bad idea, you wouldn't see the actual DLC for months...

and now this thread is dead because everyone on GT Planet hates me that much.

PD only picks cars that they can realistically get a hold of and actually model. It doesn't matter how badly they want a car in the game (i'm sure there are many) if they can't find someone who is willing to lend their car to be photographed and scanned.

I do think this would be the easiest way for them to ask fans for what they want. If they gave us a list to vote for rather than typing what we want. Then you'll get stupid requests like 'my mates awesome Civic with a fart can and ECU upgrade' or the A-Team van or batmobile (which would actually be pretty awesome)

But I can't see them implementing it.

Kaz has also recently said he puts the car in if he likes the owner. I have just ordered the new Fiesta ST so come and scan my car for free Kaz. I'm nice.

No. PD should do a better job researching popular car culture. I wouldn't want to see GTPlanet community members deciding which cars are included in the next game.

I don't see what it would accomplish. It would require a level of direct interaction that is well outside of anything PD has ever done, and it would be ripe for abuse anyway.

Shouldn't this thread have a poll in it?

Maybe we should put that to a poll.

No. PD should do a better job researching popular car culture. I wouldn't want to see GTPlanet community members deciding which cars are included in the next game.

At least there will, most likely, be less Miatas and Skylines in the game.

No, it's their game, they can do what they want.

We vote with our money.

Müle
No, it's their game, they can do what they want.

We vote with our money.

Yeah, that would be silly to try to see what the fans that are paying you actually want.
It would be much better to fail and drive away fans from buying your product first.

Yeah, that would be silly to try to see what the fans that are paying you actually want.
It would be much better to fail and drive away fans from buying your product first.

No serious organization would put their $5Billion franchises future in the hands of whimsical fans who have a completely different agenda and only their very own personal interest at heart. Anything along the lines of "what cars would you like to see in the GT series?" is already covered by fansites such as this.

Johnnypenso
No serious organization would put their $5Billion franchises future in the hands of whimsical fans who have a completely different agenda and only their very own personal interest at heart. Anything along the lines of "what cars would you like to see in the GT series?" is already covered by fansites such as this.

So zero fan input is better? I'm not saying have fans totally design the game but if 100k fans ask for a Aston Martin DB5 I think it would be in their best interest to try to add that.
Look at the disaster the Xbox One was looking like. Should they have plugged their ears and gone against the paying customers and have launched anyway?
There is no reason for failure when you can get a decent idea what the majority of your fan base wants.
I would much rather see a official attempt to find out what we want than assuming they visit forums that we never actually see them on.

They should just do like Rock Band did and have a suggest a car link on the site. After you start typing it filled in the rest from what other users voted or you filled it all in yourself if nobody had.
I'm sure that would give them a pretty good idea what users would want in upcoming GT games or DLC.
👍

Edit -

Dang it. It's over and done too soon. You ruin all the fun, Famine. :lol:

Last edited:
So zero fan input is better? I'm not saying have fans totally design the game but if 100k fans ask for a Aston Martin DB5 I think it would be in their best interest to try to add that.
Look at the disaster the Xbox One was looking like. Should they have plugged their ears and gone against the paying customers and have launched anyway?
There is no reason for failure when you can get a decent idea what the majority of your fan base wants.
I would much rather see a official attempt to find out what we want than assuming they visit forums that we never actually see them on.

The uprising about the XBox was completely organic, rising out of a natural aversion to their proposed setup for online gaming. There's a big difference between that and actively soliciting fan input. As I said, there is plenty of natural fan input on sites like this. When someone goes out of their way to support content by making an effort to create a thread and facilitate discussion it should carry much more weight than just ticking a box on a poll.

You could also say that the original poster and others asking for a "car request" feature on their site is a completely organic request for more fan input on the car list. Much like the X1 fan input.
Anyway, the fan input on these sites like this isn't in a very convenient format.
If you were PD would you rather go to a few different official and unofficial forums and wade through 100's of pages of wishlist threads to try to compile a list from all that? It's even more difficult being a Japanese company going through English forums.
If they were to add a tab on the site they could easily see what was wanted and probably have a handy printout of the amounts of people requesting a specific car in order.
If, as a company they were interested in the content the fans wanted it would be crazy not to reach out in a way that would make things easier on them. Less time finding and reading car wishlists and more time working on the game.
Maybe not many if any cars would come from the list but it would be a huge step towards making the fans feel that Polyphony isn't sitting on the other side of the world plugging their ears with money while they add more MX-5's and GT-R's.

It stands to reason that you add cars that are OTHER than what has already been provided to the current "fans" in order that one might attract NEW fans.

Back