Vauxhall VXR8 Bathurst S nominated by AudiMan2011

2010-Vauxhall-VXR8-Bathurst-Edition-Front-Side.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: 2009
Style: 4-Door Sedan
Engine: 6.2L Supercharged V8 (564 HP)
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
Note: No other car was sold as this was, but parts were available for other HSV cars.

VXR8 Wikipedia
HSV Clubsport Wikipedia
Auto Express article

Nomination Thread

Last edited:
I like it. It looks good, it sounds good, and I do like it when a car can pull off the off-center stripe look. Cool.

Subzero for me because it's a car that does everything it's competition does for a whole lot less. It's truly a brilliant car.

Looks pretty good for a modern car, has a large V8, makes a nice amount of horsepower, RWD etc, all the features I like. Don't really car for the 4 doors, BUT, that doesn't take away from this car because they were incorporated nicely that it doesn't look awkward and flows rather well. I'll give it a Sub Zero rating, though I'd feel better about giving it that if the front end was a tad more aggressive looking.

I'm going to avoid voting since it's a car I nominated as I don't want to show bias.

The VXR8 is based on the Clubbie, and the Bathurst edition is a version modified by Walkinshaw Performance.

So while it won't be a "Bathurst S", you can get all the parts you see here on the Bathurst S on the HSV Clubsport R8, or indeed any HSV or, IIRC, Holden Commodore SS.

The only one of these that I ever thought looked any good was the Pontiac.

I do see a lot of the Pontiac variants at the drag strip quite a bit. I must say I am pretty impressed with their straight line performance.

The only one of these that I ever thought looked any good was the Pontiac.

Whaa?

The G8 is the worst looking out of all the V8 supercar style cars.

It gets an automatic cool for me because it is a V8 supercar style car, big sedans with V8's are the bomb.

The OP is missing a stat that matters to me -- it's a typical modern lardass. Anything that weighs 4000lbs. better be a truck/SUV, or at the very least a wagon/estate, or it starts losing major points in my eyes. As a member of today's brutish "NEED MORE POWAAAAH" club, it strikes me as a lame tryhard, like every other 500+hp super sedan built in the past decade. With so many around, there's nothing special about any of them.

The only things I like about this car are that it's RWD and manual transmission, and those keep me from adding a "seriously" to my vote of Uncool.

I love the idea of a supercharged V8 making that kind of power and I see people talking about how aggressive it looks, but this car's styling, to me, is so utterly bland that even 500+ hp can't get me excited about it. It's just...there, and that ridiculous stripe only makes it worse.

Meh.

Whaa?

The G8 is the worst looking out of all the V8 supercar style cars.

The G8 was the only one that didn't look like a squared off W-Body Impala without also looking completely ridiculous. Even the Volkswagen Mediocrity doesn't look as anonymous and bland as the regular Commodores; and the majority of the special ones basically just glued black plastic parts to the front (and circa-2000 aftermarket taillights on the back) to make them look "mean."

Sub Zero. This is one of my dream cars. Supercharged V8 in a big car, and THAT SOUND! :drool:

If I was really rich, I'd import this one way or another.

6.2L (378 c.i. inch) Supercharged small block Chevy with 564 H.P., 6 speed, front-engine, rear-drive, are all sub zero stats (IMO). The looks of this car are a solid "MEH".

I'll split the difference ... "COOL"

Seriously Uncool. Overpowered, overweight GT car, driven on the wrong side of the road and from the wrong side of the car. :P

6.2L (378 c.i. inch) Supercharged small block Chevy with 564 H.P., 6 speed, front-engine, rear-drive, are all sub zero stats (IMO). The looks of this car are a solid "MEH".

I'll split the difference ... "COOL"

This, pretty much, with the exception that I don't find it bland, I just don't like it that much.

AudiMan: Do it man. Everyone else votes for their nominations, why not.

Very well then. It's a solid "Cool" from me.

Having been for a passenger ride in the non-supercharged 'standard' VXR8, I found it to be a comfortable, spacious and practical fast sedan.

The standard V8 already had a good slug of torque and the addition of a supercharger turns it up to 11. However, it will struggle for traction partly due to it's heavy 1830kg weight and especially when the traction control is turned off.

Also it doesn't look as 'clean' as an equivalent RS6 or XFR but with that noise, frankly I don't care.

It was an M5 beater for half the price. A car that does the job of top end supercars for a low price is always cool.

But this, for me is just a massive middle finger to everyone who thinks cars should only have an electric motor in them. I vote Sub-Zero.

Back