FITT 535PP FR Tuner Challenge

United States
Dearborn, MI
MotorCtyHamilton
GT5 535PP Tuner Challenge on Sport Soft

I feel like there are one or two more FITT tuner challenges that can be accomplished between now and the December 2013 launch of GT6. I am trying to add a few elements of fun to this one that we haven't tried in the past.

I want to avoid multiple tuners picking the same car. To do this, tuners that have signed up by the sign up deadline will have their names selected at random simply to set the order for picking cars. Cars are also grouped to help encourage more manufacturer involvement. For example, tuner 1 selects the Aston Martin group. He can tune any one of the five vehicles listed in that group. He does not have to announce which Aston Martin he has chosen until his official tune has been posted prior to the tuning deadline. Since tuner 1 has selected the Aston Martin group, no other tuner can select an Aston Martin to enter into the competition. They must choose a different group of cars.

I have also tried to scrub the list for over dogs at this PP level. I reserve the right to ban any car that I want at any time prior to the car group selection made by tuner number one. It wouldn't be fair to cut cars after groups have been selected.

Below are the car groupings. A blank line in the list indicates a break between groupings.

The Approved Car List
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe ’06 or Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03
Aston Martin Vanquish '04
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe ’00 or V8 Vantage ‘99
BMW M3 Coupe ’07
BMW M5 '08 or BMW M5 '05
Camaro SS ’10
Camaro Z28 COUPE '97 or Camaro SS ‘00
Challenger SRT8 ‘08
Corvette Zo6 (C6) '06 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’04 or Corvette Zo6 (C5) ’00
Corvette Grand Sport '96 or Corvette ZR1 '90
Ferrari 599 ’06
Ferrari California ‘08
Holden Commodore SS ’04
Holden Monaro CV8 ‘04
Pontiac GTO 5.7 Coupe ‘04
Lexus ISF ‘07
Lexus SC 300 '97 or Toyota Soarer 2.5GT-T '97
Lexus GS 300 '00
Lexus SC 430 (US) '01 or Toyota Soarer 430SCV '01
Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury ’07
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10 or XKR Coupe '99 or XKR Performance '02
Jaguar XFR ‘10
Jaguar S-Type R ’02
Mazerati Gran Turismo S '08
Mercedes C63 AMG ’08
Mercedes SL55 AMG (R230) ’02
Mercedes CLK 55 AMG '00
Mercedes SL 600 (R230) '04 or Mercedes SL 600 (R2129) '98
Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium ’07 or Mustang GT ‘05
Mustang SVT Cobra R '00
Nissan Skyline Coupe 370GT Type SP '07 or Skyline Coupe 370GT '03 or Skyline Coupe 350GT '03
Viper SRT10 Coupe ’06 or Viper SRT10 ‘03
Viper GTS ’02 or Viper GTS ’99

Tuning Rules:
Full use of power limiter and ballast is approved.
All vehicles must have 200 mile engine break in and fresh oil change.
All tuning parts are open for use.
Tunes (or a link to the tune) must be posted within this thread.
Tunes must be put on share by the tuning deadline.

Tuner Sign Up Deadline: Saturday, September 7th
All tuners who sign up before September 7th will be entered into a hat and drawn at random for vehicle selection order. Additional tuners can sign up after this date, but will be placed next in line for vehicle selection in the order that they sign up.

Selection Order Announced: September 8th
The order will be announced on this date. I will send each tuner a PM with their draft order. We are going to try to keep the tuner secret through the testing process. It should be fun to see listings by car name only, without knowing who tuned it.

Vehicle Draft: September 12 through 18 will be the draft period.
I will send a PM to each tuner when it is their draft turn along with the listing of already selected vehicles. Everyone should be evaluating cars now so that you have your preferred list when your draft time comes. Send a PM back to me with your selection. Do not announce your choice on the forum.

Final Tunes Due: Wednesday, September 25th
I will PM each tuner with the account that will be hosting your car. Please send a friend request to the account given. Build your tune and gift it to the assigned hosting account. Then, send a PM to me with details of your tune. I will post all tunes to this forum in my standard way so as to keep the tuner identity hidden.

Free Agents: Now that all tuners have chosen their rides, if anyone wants to switch to another vehicle, send me a PM. I will allow for changes up to the tuner due date.

Final Test Drive Results Due: Wednesday, October 8th
Results should be posted in the forum listing vehicle names, but tuner identities will still be hidden. Please post fastest lap time and driver's choice within your test results. I will build a Google doc scoresheet.

Track Selection: Rome
Testers will need to be on the honor system at this track. There are a few areas were hitting walls does not turn the lap time red. Wall bouncing is prohibited. A clean lap can cross over curbing, but cannot include wall banging.

Awards:
Top three on lap times
Top three on driver’s choice
Not mixed... separate rankings

Scoring:
Fastest lap calculations – A maximum of 10 points can be earned from lap times. The tune with the fastest average lap time across all testers will earn 10 points. All other tunes will earn their score based upon how close their average lap time is to the fastest tune. For example, if the fastest tune earned the average lap time of 1:21.688 and the 2nd fastest tune equates to 1:21.832, the 2nd place tune receives 9.988 points (121.688 divided by 121.832 *10 = 9.988). Another example, if the fastest tune earned the average lap time of 1:21.688 and the slowest tune equates to 1:27.271, the slowest tune receives 9.56 points (121.688 divided by 127.271*10 = 9.56). This method of scoring rewards tunes for being very close to the front and will keep the lap time portion of the competition very close.

Driver’s choice - Each tester will score each tune on the scale listed below. Driver’s choice scores will then be averaged across all testers. The maximum number of DC bonus points that can be earned is ten points. Please choose driver’s choice on a scale of 0.0 to 10.0.

Car Sharing:
I will host ten cars on my two accounts. Biffa will host three cars. After the tuner draft if over, I will send PMs to instruct which account to gift your car to. Please build your car to specs and gift to the account provided and I will post all tunes in this forum to help keep the tuner identities hidden. If anyone would like their cars returned to them after the competition has finished, let me know.

Last edited:
Tuners:
ACSR421
CyKosis1973
DigitalBaka
jtqmopar
krenkme
Lionheart2113
Motor City Hamilton
NEWDRIVER2
Praiano63
robrabbitman
Rotary Junkie
Trackripper123
xande1959

Vehicle Selection:
Tuner 1 - Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione ‘08 - hosted by GTPMotorCityHami
Tuner 2 - BMW M3 Coupe ’07 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 3 - Viper GTS ’02 - hosted by GTPMotorCityHam
Tuner 4 - Corvette Zo6 - hosted by GTPMotorCityHami
Tuner 5 - Mercedes C63 AMG ’08 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 6 - Camaro SS ’10 - hosted by Biffa3
Tuner 7 - BMW M5 '08 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 8 - Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury ’07 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 9 - Camaro Z28 COUPE '97 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 10 - Corvette Grand Sport '96 - hosted by MotorCtyHamilton
Tuner 11 - Ferrari 599 ’06 - hosted by GTPMotorCityHami
Tuner 12 - Challenger SRT8 ‘08 - hosted by GTPMotorCityHami
Tuner 13 - Lexus ISF ‘07 -- hosted by GTPMotorCityHami

Find the tunes here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8843688#post8843688

Guess the Tuner

Send me a PM with your guesses and I will post how many you have correct in the forum thread.

I really wish that I didn't already know the list. This is going to be so much fun... well... for you.

Last edited:
Official Google Docs Score Sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akr4MBOtjOcqdHlBcjBDQ21rT2xYbXlHX0dvR0xrOHc&usp=sharing

Final Results

Lap Time Winners
1. BMW M5 '08 tune by Praiano
2. Camaro SS '10 tuned by MotorCityHami
3. Ferrari 599 tuned by Lionheart2113

Driver's Choice Winners
1. BMW M5 '08 tune by Praiano
2. Lexus ISF '07 tuned by CyKosis
3. Challenger SRT8 '08 tuned by NEWDRIVER2

Guess the Tuner:
Tuner 1 is ACSR421 (guessed by CyKosis1973)
Tuner 2 is robrabbitman (guessed by RJ)
Tuner 3 is jtqmopar (guessed by DigitalBaka)
Tuner 4 is DigitalBaka (guessed by RJ)
Tuner 5 is xande1959 (guessed by DigitalBaka)
Tuner 6 is MotorCityHami (guessed by the community)
Tuner 7 is Praiano (guessed by the community)
Tuner 8 is Trackripper123 (guessed by iainoflo85)
Tuner 9 is krenkme (guessed by Trackripper and NEWDRIVER)
Tuner 10 is RJ (guessed by robrabbitman)
Tuner 11 Lionheart2113 (guessed by RJ)
Tuner 12 is NEWDRIVER (guessed by krenkme)
Tuner 13 is CyKosis1873 (guessed by Woodski_427)

Last edited:
I'd like to join as a tuner, if there's one last spot available. If there is one available, I'd like to pick the BMW group, if that's available this early as well.

I'd like to join as a tuner, if there's one last spot available. If there is one available, I'd like to pick the BMW group, if that's available this early as well.

Read OP above, order of choice is determined by lots. So no, you can't pick the BMW group just yet.

Read OP above, order of choice is determined by lots. So no, you can't pick the BMW group just yet.

Yeah, I see now. I was a little confused at first but I've reread everything a few more times. I'll be content with whatever I get. 👍

Did this really fill up before I could jump in? D:

535/S3 is the old Street Legal regs... Of course we mostly ran imports with various drivetrains and basically none of the available cars would look right running in our old room but hey.

Rotary Junkie
Did this really fill up before I could jump in? D:

535/S3 is the old Street Legal regs... Of course we mostly ran imports with various drivetrains and basically none of the available cars would look right running in our old room but hey.

If we get more than 13 tuners, I will divide up the car classes a little more.

Are you in RJ?

Last edited:
I've tested around 7 cars so far, just to feel the event, i have 3 seconds of difference between slower and faster at Suzuka.
The point system for the lap time will not be bad for the slower cars. Not very imortant to have a fast car.
The driving pleasure and driver choice will be much more important and decisive.

For a such subjective criterion as driver choice ,i would like to submit an idea.

Each tuner X group of cars stay secret . Only Hamy know who tune what and send the sorted group to each tuner.

After the tuner set his car he send it back to Hami, who publish the tune with a number. (we need to have a ST tuning sheet to publish):
TUNE 1
TUNE 2

Any tuner or tester can build and share any car. When all the cars are OK just need to publish who have this car on share.

After this testers drive the cars only knowing the numbers and not the tuner.

At the end ,Hami reveal the Cars with each tuner name and the classification of each...

Just an idea.💡

I've tested around 7 cars so far, just to feel the event, i have 3 seconds of difference between slower and faster at Suzuka.
The point system for the lap time will not be bad for the slower cars. Not very imortant to have a fast car.
The driving pleasure and driver choice will be much more important and decisive.

For a such subjective criterion as driver choice ,i would like to submit an idea.

Each tuner X group of cars stay secret . Only Hamy know who tune what and send the sorted group to each tuner.

After the tuner set his car he send it back to Hami, who publish the tune with a number. (we need to have a ST tuning sheet to publish):
TUNE 1
TUNE 2

Any tuner or tester can build and share any car. When all the cars are OK just need to publish who have this car on share.

After this testers drive the cars only knowing the numbers and not the tuner.

At the end ,Hami reveal the Cars with each tuner name and the classification of each...

Just an idea.💡

You kind of lost me, on this. Are you talking about tuning a second car for driver's choice? And for that portion the groupings don't matter, as long as the car is on the list?

You kind of lost me, on this. Are you talking about tuning a second car for driver's choice? And for that portion the groupings don't matter, as long as the car is on the list?

Sorry, i'm not clear

-1 car per tuner

-Nobody know who tune what, only hami

-tuners or testers build and share random car.

-Testers give they lap time and DC to a car ,without knowing who is the tuner ,only hami.

-Hami publish the results and say who tune what.

Curious about the range of your 3 second split.

A.) One super fast car and six about 2 to 3 seconds slower?
B.) One super slow car 3 seconds behind the other six?
C.) One super fast, one super slow and a five kind of in the middle?
D.) Some other pattern?

Back