Texas
VW Race Touareg 2 nominated by GT HP Nut

volkswagen-race-touareg-2_1600x1200_56519.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Years operated: 2006-2010
Layout: Front-engine, Four-wheel-drive
Engine: 2.5L I5 Turbo Diesel (285 HP)
Transmission: 6-Speed sequential

My take: Short today, huh? Well, I'll keep mine short. Uncool. It may be an awesome Dakar racer, but the RT3 has already surpassed it, the Hummers and the Minis are just as competitive, and look better too. The only thing that even hints "Touareg" is maybe the front fascia, if you squint enough. The ability saves it from SU.

Wikipedia:Touareg

Nomination Thread

I never liked the "pretend this has something to do with a road car" Dakar racers. The Monteros towards the end of Mitsubishi's dominance were already pushing it as it is.

I never liked the "pretend this has something to do with a road car" Dakar racers. The Monteros towards the end of Mitsubishi's dominance were already pushing it as it is.

Then there's the Lancer Raid car, if you can call it that.

If I hadn't known they had made a sequel to it already, I'd have voted Cool, but since I know that info, Seriously Uncool

Being a Touareg makes it Seriously Uncool, being a Touareg that doesn't even look like a Touareg is also uncool. Being sponsored by an energy drink company is uncool. All in all SERIOUSLY UNCOOL.

Racing cars are uncool. Telling people you drive a Volkswagen Touareg is uncool. Furthermore telling people that you drive a Touareg with half the cylinders and capacity of the only remotely coolworthy Touareg there is, is also very very uncool.

Seriously Uncool.

I voted cool. I like diesel race cars and fast purpose built diesel off-roaders.

I assume Famine's verdict on this car, as with every other race car that has been voted on, will be seriously uncool.

Last edited:
I wouldn't usually like it, I mean, a Touareg, come on. But this thing has afred well in the cruent Dakar rally, that grants it a barely cool.

I'm just "MEH" on this one.
I kinda like the turbo diesel and 6 speed setup it's running. The looks are horrendous. Being a Dakar Racer ... well, meh. That's where it ends.

See, off-road buggies are cool as heck.

But as Torona... Torna... Trnado mentions, this bears about as much relation to an actual Touareg as the NASCAR Camry does to an actual Camry... which is... there is no relation besides what the marketing team dreams up.

And that's damn uncool.

It's a Touareg! No wait, it's not a Touareg. Oh, it's a "Touareg."

Seriously uncool.

I assume Famine's verdict on this car, as with every other race car that has been voted on, will be seriously uncool.
Yep.
It's a Touareg! No wait, it's not a Touareg. Oh, it's a "Touareg."

Seriously uncool.
Yep.

It's a spaceframe with a plastic body that looks a bit like an SUV from the same manufacturer. It's as cool as sleeping with your sister.

But the thing is that at the end of the day it is still your sister.

However, I personally think that it's the sort of thing that could (have) graced the cover of some kind of game. I always thought it a cool one. But the mixed reviews from everyone else don't seem encouraging for it.

Meh not a VW fan and has previously stated its has nothing to do with what ever SUV its supposed to be.

Back