Subaru Impreza 22B STi nominated by GranTurismo916

Subaru_Impreza_22B_STi-Version.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: 1998 (424)
Style: 2-Door Coupe
Engine: 2.2L Flat-4 (276 HP)
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Layout: Front-engine, Four-wheel-drive

My Take: Ehh. It's OK, it obviously moves, it has two doors instead of four, and it looks decent as well. I give it a Cool, not an overwhelming one though.

Wikipedia: Impreza

Nomination Thread

A little bugger that is a 2 door coupe, flat out hauls ass and has some good looks to accompany it ....

instant sub-zero.

Last edited:
Definitely a very cool car. Not quite sub zero for me, as I don't go all wobbly when I see a photo.

Let's see, a coupe with golden wheels, massive rear wing, body kit with big lights, and hood scoop?

Seriously Uncool just isn't enough.

Last edited:
One of the best-looking cars Subaru has made, IMO. Like the E30 M3 and Skyline GT-Rs, two-door sedans with fender flares are cool. Rally racing is really cool. The 22B represents Subaru at their finest, in a tidy and attractive package. Sub-Zero from me.

e2vw.jpg

Great machine with plenty of WRC pedigree, which does garner some appeal. Not a huge fan of the design however, but it is preferable over some of the later Imprezas.

I'd probably say meh if it wasn't such a great car off-road. Just about bumps it up to cool.

Aside from the fact that I fawn over any Version V/VI GC-chassis Impreza (and own one), it's an epic car. Lightweight, great torque, bad-ass body kit, bad-ass soundtrack, and one of if not the very best Subaru Technica has put out.

Sub-Zero is not enough.

It looks really generic and blends into the background. Only people into cars are going to know what it is too and those who aren't into cars are just going to assume someone slapped a big wing and gold wheels on it. It's got a rally background though and rally is the coolest motorsport. I'll go with "meh" since it balances out.

I think the less said about McRae's coolness the better, considering the last thing he did was extremely tosserish.

Incidentally, my brother's had three Imprezas - a "stock" Hawkeye, an RB5 and a WR1. He'd agree they're tossers' cars. The flat-four woofle is practically the mating call of the tosser.

A solid cool from me. Rally pedigree, snorty boxer engine, best Impreza styling, crushing point to point pace and oodles of desirability. The only thing stopping this from getting SZ is the Evo 6 T.M.E.

Let's see, a coupe with golden wheels, massive rear wing, body kit with big lights, and hood scoop?

Seriously Uncool just isn't enough.

^This.

Also, this is one of those cars that attracts more males than you would females, which is perfectly great, if you're female or if you're gay.

Also, this is one of those cars that attracts more males than you would females, which is perfectly great, if you're female or if you're gay.

Haha, nice one. I'll vote cool even so, as I really like the car and how rare it is.

Sub-zero, because, even though it's not a GD8, it's still epic. The driveability, the fun-nature, and the looks are just awesome.

And, no, a lot of girls I know are into Impreza 22Bs.

annoying Facebook girl
I mean, it's a two-door, that means fast, right?

One of the best-looking cars Subaru has made, IMO. Like the E30 M3 and Skyline GT-Rs, two-door sedans with fender flares are cool. Rally racing is really cool. The 22B represents Subaru at their finest, in a tidy and attractive package. Sub-Zero from me.

My exact thoughts. Sub-zero from me.

Should be interesting so long as it's not a tosser's car...Bollocks.

Seriously uncool.

So do you just walk everywhere?

A solid cool from me. Rally pedigree, snorty boxer engine, best Impreza styling, crushing point to point pace and oodles of desirability. The only thing stopping this from getting SZ is the Evo 6 T.M.E.

^This, all of this. Only thing blocking the Sub zero ranking is the Evo 6.

Cool. At least for me, not the greatest looking generation but pretty cool for an import. And they go pretty good too. This is like the Mustang is to Ford. Plain awesome.

Normally an Impreza would earn a seriously uncool from me, because, as Famine said, they are tosser's cars. However, this one is the coolest of all Imprezas, and therefore just about creeps into uncool for me, and even then, barely.*

*And I think I'm biased by video games, so when I think a bit harder I wish I could go back and change my vote to seriously uncool, because allowing yourself to call any car cooler because it was in a PS1 game that came out 14 years ago is downright uncool...

*And I think I'm biased by video games, so when I think a bit harder I wish I could go back and change my vote to seriously uncool, because allowing yourself to call any car cooler because it was in a PS1 game that came out 14 years ago is downright uncool...

But that's one of the reasons that some cars are so cool, they got our attention a long time ago and it stuck in the mind.

But that's one of the reasons that some cars are so cool, they got our attention a long time ago and it stuck in the mind.

Lister Storm V12? :dopey:

I still like that car, a bit. :lol: But, the wrong sort of crowd likes the 22B STi, but if we're talking about how cool the car is, and not the crowd who drives it, well, it's fine.

The comments here are a reason I'm glad I drive a plain Legacy instead of an Impreza, but I don't generally judge cars based on the people who drive them. If I did, I wouldn't like any cars at all.

And I'd still like to own an Impreza someday. Who the eff cares what others do with theirs.

I gave it a cool, because it's my favourite generation and I always look at them when I see them, considering how rare they are, though I nearly prefer the WRX STi 2 door.

So do you just walk everywhere?
No, I generally don't leave the house.

However when I do I tend to drive one of our cars. None of them are an Impreza though so... *shrug* kinda lost on the relevance.

Back