• Poll closed .
United States
Texas
SAAB 9-3 Viggen nominated by LP670-4 SV

9-3ViggenHobart.jpg

Stats that Matter:
Production: 1998-September 2002
Style: 2-Door Convertible, 3-Door Hatch, 5-Door Hatch
Engine: 2.3L Turbocharged I4 (225-230 HP)
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Layout: Front-engine, Front-drive

My Take: A sporty SAAB, already underrated, that in theory could have been a competitior to the Focus. Gotta say, I think all three bodies look good, especially in 420 Blue. Cool.

Wikipedia

Nomination Thread

Meh. It's a modern SAAB so it isn't that interesting. SAAB has never had that much appeal since the days of the old 99 Turbo. A boring average car for boring average people. There's not much to like but not much to hate either.

One of the ugliest car ranges of all time in my opinion, can't imagine why anyone would buy one for any reason other than to be different!

Anything that uses the name "Viggen" is automatically sub-zero. No exceptions.

Anything that uses the name "Viggen" is automatically sub-zero. No exceptions.

This is exactly what I was gonna say.

A car with "Viggen" in it's name is sub-zero. End of discussion.

Named after this:
1194843211_f.jpg

Also, 225-230 bhp, and a manual. Add to the fact that it's totally under the radar, and it's sub-zero.

I don't really get the appeal of modern Saabs. Doesn't look that great, has a meh interior, has decent performance, but overall just has very little appeal to me. Meh.

I find new saabs to be quite nice, but they blend in with most cars. The motor puts out a decent amount of power, but I'm not much of a huge Saab fan. In the end it's just another 4 door sedan. Meh for me.

Oops my bad, I'm on the app and didn't bother to blow image up and it looked like a 4 door.

I love this car, massive torque steer and all. Plus Saab's are cool, they're funky, unique, and driven by interesting people. Sub-Zero.

It's called Viggen, yes, but that doesn't decide everything. But I still think this car is pretty nice, so I gave it a cool.

Sub-zero. SAAB/Viggen. It's just no question.

Besides, any 'hot' version of a compact executive which is under the radar or not as ubiquitous as an M3, S4 or C-Class AMG is somehow very appealing.
See also: Ford Mondeo ST200, Volvo 850R, Peugeot 405 Mi16

It's called a Viggen = Sub-Zero.
It looks ugly as sin to my eyes -> Cool
It's part of the era that SAAB had to be bailed out by GM -> Meh
It's a Swedish vehicle that is not a Volvo or a Koenigsegg -> Uncool.

EDIT: Oops forgot this...

Shares a platform with the Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Vectra -> immediate Seriously Uncool.

It's called Viggen, yes, but that doesn't decide everything.

Name alone doesn't that hold much weight when it comes to deciding whether or not the car it's associated with it is cool in many cases. The way I see it.

Besides, any 'hot' version of a compact executive which is under the radar or not as ubiquitous as an M3, S4 or C-Class AMG is somehow very appealing.
See also: Ford Mondeo ST200, Volvo 850R, Peugeot 405 Mi16

Those 3 are good examples. I'd probably add the first gen Octavia vRS to that list too.

Somehow I don't see quite the same level of appeal when it comes to the old 9-3. 'Hot' or not. I will say that it has a nicer shape than its successor, but I'm not seeing anything cool about it, per se.

Sophisticated and discreet.

Cool, not quite special enough to be sub zero, but you people give sub zero to anything these days.

It's like an extreme way of saying something has the potential to outperform another. Killer usually means it's by a rather large margin.

I love this car, massive torque steer and all. Plus Saab's are cool, they're funky, unique, and driven by interesting people. Sub-Zero.

Perfect way to describe it. Sub-Zero.

I've seen a few 9-3s in my area, and I've always been impressed by the blue ones (whatever color was mentioned in the OP.)

I never knew there was a 'Viggen' version though; I honestly have no idea if it made it to the States.

Still a Sub-Zero; I'd drive one of these daily if I had the choice.

Latest Posts

Back