• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Texas
Volvo Amazon nominated by Encyclopedia

800px-Auto_Volvo_121_6.jpg

Stats:
Production: July 1956-July 1970
Style: 2-Door Sedan, 4-Door Sedan, 5-Door Wagon(1962-1970)
Engine: 1.6L I4 (85 HP), 1.8L I4 (75-115 HP), 2.0L I4 (?-124 HP)
Transmission: 3-Speed Manuals, 4-Speed Manuals, 3-Speed Auto
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
AKA: Volvo Amason, Volvo 120 Series

Wikipedia

Might as well get the Nominations over with ASAP.​

For a Volvo, it's pretty cool. Wheel change and more horsepower would make it sub zero. Given the times, 124hp from a 2.0L I4 is pretty good, so I'll give this one a cool.

What is sad is at my local "you pull it" junkyard about 3 years ago there was 3 of these complete not wrecked :(

I would have asked how much they wanted for one. Can't imagine more than a few hundred bucks for a full car.

Seriously uncool because it is uncool in a very serious way.

Plus it's a Volvo, those are very rarely if ever cool.

I like older, classic Volvo's and they are at least interesting. I give it a Cool.

One of the coolest looking Volvo's ever made. It's not sub-zero cool, but it is planted firmly in the ranks of COOL.

As I still have one, imight be biased,
but cool.
P1800= sub zero.

This has the same engine, but lacks the looks of the 1800. But the P1800 has more rust problems due to the shape.

But more power = awesome:

Plus the break-touring version look awesome too:

1967_volvo_amazon-pic-65156.jpeg

I like older, classic Volvo's and they are at least interesting. I give it a Cool.

This. It may not be the coolest classic Volvo (P1800/ES takes that accolade), but I've always had a thing for that 50s design.

These things are like tanks, they seem to go on forever and I love them. Probably seen more of these than any other specific car model of that era, though they must have been massively outsold here by UK models of the time. Upper Cool from me, bordering on SZ.

A Swedish car that isn't so boxy that it's associated with safe but boring tanks?

Cool.

Back