• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
Renault/Alpine A610 nominated by Custom878
800px-Alpine_A610.jpeg

Stats:
Production: MY 1991-1995
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 182ci (2975cc) V6 turbo (rated 247 HP & 258 ft lbs), 181ci (2963cc) V6 turbo (rated 276 HP & 304 ft-lbs)
Transmission: UNKNOWN, but likely a 5-speed manual
Layout: Rear-engine, rear-drive
Weight: 3131lbs (1420kg)​

My take? Sweet-lookin' thing. Maybe not sub-zero, but definitely cool.

Unlike the Superbird I have no emotional investment in this car.

Last edited:
That's about a fugly looking thing. Stats are alright, RR drivetrain is about the only thing from keeping this thing from the car crusher and from being seriously uncool.

Going with a weak sided uncool.

Fell in love with it the second I was made aware of it's existence. Cool. A shame the thing kinda bombed on the market despite how great it was at the time.

Vive la France!

An awesome French car. Who would've thought...?

Sub-zero for being the best French car company's best looking creation.

One of the only few good things to ever come out of France.

I find it quite appealing, despite its poor sales.

Sub Zero. RR, reasonably powerful, lighter than most of the 3l turbo counterparts from Japan.. and still keeps the classic shape of A310

Rear engine...Turbo V6 with gobs of power is pretty cool. At first I thought it was fugly, but the more I look at it, the more I realize that I'd probably turn a few heads, so I gave it a cool.

Like Tornado, I really liked this car the moment I learned about it. I was on the fence between SZ and Cool, but the rear-engined layout and sheer obscurity tipped it over into Sub Zero.

Massive bag of crap - but looks special while not being offensive about it.

Uncool. Alpines got steadily worse since the A110 and this was proof of their downfall. It tryed too hard to be like a 911 and failed miserably.

It's unique and French, that pretty much puts it in the Sub-Zero category for me.

At first I thought this was one ugly car, but I looked at it again and wished I hadn't.

Seriously uncool.

Just barely cool, because it's an Alpine, and it's still a rear-engined sportscar that's not a Porsche.

It would be subzero if it were an A110, but fat chance of that.

Surprisingly, I'd change my vote from subzero to meh if it were the A110S. Naaah, that's not my style. Reminds me of a cockroach with wheels.

Quirky french car, but not iconic enough.

Just a cool.

People use French car to justify their cool rating. French sports cars are über uncool. French sedans and people movers, sub zero. But aggressive French is as cool as a vegan art student attacking a BMW with a MacBook to oppose corporations.

Back