• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
2013-up SRT Viper nominated by White & Nerdy

SRT-Viper-GTS-05.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2012-present
Style: 2-door coupe
Engine: 512ci (8.4L) naturally aspirated V10 (rated 640 HP and 600 lb-ft)
Transmission: six-speed manual
Layout: Front-engine, rear-drive

My take? Sub. Zero. Brash, yet beautiful.

To me it's cool but just barely, there was a lot of hype when it came out and I really liked it at first but it has really worn of and now it sort of looks like they were undecided on wether to be bare and raw or compromise it for luxury, so neither was done to the full potential. Still does the crazy part well so I'll give it cool.

Middle to low end of the cool spectrum, I liked the 2nd gen way more than this one.

Something else, apparently it sounds like a 5 cylinder when you're driving because the pipes don't cross over, so you only get sound from each bank individually.

Sub Zero. I love the car. When it first came out, I didn't really like the looks, and I don't like Dodges (SRT's? Chryslers?) that much in general, but it eventually grew on me. I like it so much because they blend little bits from the previous generations and it comes with a manual transmission, not the sequential that almost every sports/supercar company has now.

One of my favourite sports/supercars of the current era.

Giant engine, giant outputs (without delving into specific output as that's fairly irrelevant) and it is not afraid at all to absolutely kick your arse.

Sub-Zero.

Middle to low end of the cool spectrum, I liked the 2nd gen way more than this one.

Something else, apparently it sounds like a 5 cylinder when you're driving because the pipes don't cross over, so you only get sound from each bank individually.

Maybe not bad at all. Have you heard a Group B Audi Quattro? That a 5cyl and it sounds like a Lamborghini!

My favorite since the first gen and its facelift. The curves on this car are astounding. Sub zero for me, as it seals te deal yet again making the Viper a legendary name in motorsports.

Though its V10 has always sounds a bit weak to me.

Uncool. The Viper has lost it's raw edge since the first generation and has been sanitised by the inclusion of driver aids. Yes, you can turn off the traction and stability control but it won't be the same.

Sure it can run with it's rivals for a lot less but it's lagging behind technology-wise. In this new age of smaller turbo engines and DCT transmissions, the Viper's sledgehammer V10 and manual gearbox make it look old fashioned.

These days, having such a large engine only just gives you bragging rights and makes you look like a spanner.

Sure it can run with it's rivals for a lot less but it's lagging behind technology-wise. In this new age of smaller turbo engines and DCT transmissions, the Viper's sledgehammer V10 and manual gearbox make it look old fashioned.

IMO that's the best part. It is a sledgehammer of a car, and I don't see how that's negative. As for the manual gearbox, that's just a matter of principle.

Seriously uncool. It's less refined and more prone to falling apart than a cheap Chinese car. It looks nice and has a manual, but I can't forgive the fact that it's so brutal and unrefined. I'd rather spend $100,000 on a Miata.

Seriously uncool. It's less refined and more prone to falling apart than a cheap Chinese car. It looks nice and has a manual, but I can't forgive the fact that it's so brutal and unrefined. I'd rather spend $100,000 on a Miata.

I'd rather spend more on an SLS. That car could become the new Viper.

A bit less in-your-face than the first generation, but this car is all about being in-your-face. A very solid cool, but I can't give it any more than that.

Yeah I like how it harks back to the first series Viper more, was always a bit meh about the second series' more conservative styling. It's a good-looking car and I've always liked that V10 NA powerplant. It's an upper "Cool" from me, not quite SZ though. In terms of the Viper's peers I would put the Ford GT at SZ and the Corvette (any model of the last 10 years or so) at lower to mid-range Cool.

I've,lost some fondness of it. I have always liked Viper's, but this one makes me look away. Hate the front of it but the rest of it is fine. It has plenty of power and I like the appeal of a muscle car but it's making more and more sense to shy away from bigger engines, so I'm surprised they didn't. What gets me is they could have just reduced the engines capacity. Also it can be a serious contender but so is the newly introduced Corvette. But its got more going for it.

So it's a meh, for me.

Is it brash? Yes.

Is it pointless? Yes.

Is it worse then other cars in it's price range? Yes

Is it cool? Oh, hell yea!

I'll just say that if they were sold in Australia i have a couple body parts I'd willingly do away with to afford one. Beautiful, fast and utterly ridiculous. It's everything a super car should be and I'd say it's even bordering on sub zero.

Meh. Same old recipe, now with improved interior quality. Sadly, the exterior still falls apart and catches on fire, given the chance, and apparently the floor gets so hot that it will burn your feet. Also, for a sportscar ( since supercar it is not), it has apparently unforgivable problem with brakes failing/disintegrating after couple laps.

Meh. Same old recipe, now with improved interior quality. Sadly, the exterior still falls apart and catches on fire, given the chance, and apparently the floor gets so hot that it will burn your feet. Also, for a sportscar ( since supercar it is not), it has apparently unforgivable problem with brakes failing/disintegrating after couple laps.

I thought these problems were only with the original Viper.

The gearbox is objectively inferior to DCT for going fast, but the engine? There's nothing wrong with it.

it has apparently unforgivable problem with brakes failing/disintegrating after couple laps.

I've not even heard that about the first gen car. Braking has been a strong point of this car since the '03. I do know that some pretty bad examples have been handed out for testing somehow though.

You're always trying to knock american super cars so this comment is obviously sticking to the rhetoric you always try to slam down throats.

A simple "not cool" would have done the trick, not trite that isn't founded in reality and yeah it is a Super car. Also I've read of other cars having brake give out after a few laps as well. Maybe bringing sources of respectable degree instead of trolling.

Back