• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1993-2002 Toyota Supra Mk IV nominated by ilikewaffles11

%2793-%2795_Toyota_Supra.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1993-2002
Style: 2-door hardtop coupe
Engine: 2JZ-GE 183 ci (2,997 cc) naturally aspirated inline 6 (rated 220 HP & 210 ft-lbs) (300+ HP twin turbo variant also available, but may not have been included in the nomination)
Layout: Front-engine, rear-drive​

My take? Not quite sure? It can be quite a cool car, but probably takes some modification to reach that point.

Last edited:
Seriously Uncool. Overrated, heavy, bland 90's jellybean design. Usually adorned with tacky bodykits, wings, rims, stickers, and turbos that take couple weeks to spool. Also, overpriced today due to FnF tax.

I love the Supra. So menacing, so daring, so handsome.

Also, GT1 for the absolute win.

Probably one of the few imports I don't mind. Though the entire tuner scene ruins it. I'm torn between cool and meh, but I'll vote cool just barely.

For me, it would warrant at the very least a "cool" if the ricer-crowd didn't exist.

But, since that nasty crowd does exist, it tarnishes this car's coolness.

UNCOOL

While one of my all time favorite cars, the Need for Speed/JDM/Hellaflush crowd really affected this car. It's now a diehard enthusiast car, because the prices on them make sure nobody but a Supra enthusiast will own one. I would never turn one down, and owning one would be cool. But the cars overall "cool" factor (speaking general public) is Meh. It's a mid 90s sports car, it will blend in unless there is a gearhead in the crowd.

It's a meh from me, never really understood the appeal of these. They don't seem especially quick or innovative and I much prefer older Supras design-wise.

One of the best-looking cars of all time, with complete design coherence front-to-back. I'd still have one today.

Unfortunately that design is of a puffed-up bodybuilder, which makes it uncool.

Cool because it's one of Japan's greatest GT cars, seriously uncool because of immature young tuners who ruin it, cool because professional tuners who get it right i.e. Smokey Nagata, can create some beastly machines. Therefore it's a meh from me.

so we're judging how cool a car is based on the people that drive it? why don't we judge groups of people on the cool wall instead, it'd be much faster that way

Ruined by all the tasteless dudebros who drive them. Uncool.

so we're judging how cool a car is based on the people that drive it?

A car's coolness is definitely associated with the individuals who drive them. Heard of Steve McQueen?

Seriously uncool. It's a car that's fawned over by Weebos and kids under 17 that think they know something about cars because of Gran Turismo. Even if you take that away the car is bland, from the 90's, and really just uninteresting.

It's a meh from me, never really understood the appeal of these. They don't seem especially quick or innovative and I much prefer older Supras design-wise.

The Supra is the definition of quick, if we're talking quarter mile times. And the power potential of that six pot is legen... wait for it (because turbo lag)... dary.

That said... seriously uncool. Simply because you can't mention the word Supra without hearing: "OMG900horsePOWER9secondCAR!!!it'sOVER9,000!!!1!!!1111!!!!!"

-

Remember: Don't blow the welds on the intake manifold.

-

Okay, elevated to "meh" because it's actually a swell Grand Tourer that looks pretty neat.

It's a car that's fawned over by Weebos and kids under 17 that think they know something about cars because of Gran Turismo.

Depending on the person, that can be a good thing though.

I myself was first exposed to Skylines, Supras, GTOs and the like thanks to GT1. In fact, because I was only a small child, it was my first real exposure to any car culture at all. Had I not played GT1, and read all of the information on the car pages, my love for automobiles might not have developed so much.

Of course, some people go the other way, ala Fast & Furious, but I bet I'm not the only person who started getting into cars thanks to GT.

Uncool.

Impressive performance per value in the same way a GT-R is regarded for today (or indeed, was back in the day) but never as easy on the eye as its similarly-powerful contemporaries the NSX or FD RX7, and hugely overrated by the tuner crowd. Final nail in the coffin was the starring role in the first F&F film, erasing any cool it might otherwise have had. And no, the ability to tune it to 1000bhp and beyond doesn't make it cool, it just makes it fast.

Give it another 10-20 years and it may have some residual retro cool though.

Sub Zero, both turbo and non turbo.

This 241mph+ mile run, 1200+WHP.

orig.jpg

One of Boost Logic customer car :

RSP41.jpg

Last edited:
There were good arguments for this car being Sub-Zero, but the rear spoiler and the questionable modifications many owners apply to this car knock it down to a meh for me.

Sub-Zero, I don't judge my cars on who generally drives/modifies them. It's a great car. And there are some nice modifications, like the sleeper drag cars that have little (and if a lot, tasteful) mods.

Back