United States
Wasilla, AK
2011 Dacia Lodgy Glace Trophee Andros nominated by hsv010

dacia-lodgy-trophee-andros-2011-10583192cqulg.jpg

ee62a8f65e387fbdc02dd823ef21559d.jpg

Stats:
Production: 2011
Style: 5-door "wagon"
Engine: 182 ci/3.0 L naturally aspirated V6 (rated 350 [338?] HP & 266 lb-ft [360 NM)
Transmission: 6-speed sequential
Layout: Mid-engine, all-wheel-drive​

My take? I definitely don't have one. In fact, I really don't know enough about it to have one.

EDIT: Upon further consideration, I'm actually starting to like this thing. Ice racing itself is cool (no pun intended), and while appearance isn't much of a consideration for a race car, I actually sort of like the look of it.

Last edited:
Rally cars are probably the coolest a race car can get, but I'm still going with Uncool because it's got a Dacia badge on it and it's also called the Lodgy.

Aren't Andros trophy cars normally tube frame with mid mounted engines and 4WD? I could be totally wrong on that.

Last edited:
Dacia = Subzero
Lodgy = Cool
Race car = Automatic seriously uncool.
Dacia Lodgy Glace Trophee Andros nominated by hsv010

Stats:
Production: UNKNOWN
Style: 5-door wagon
Engine: Naturally aspirated V6 (rated 350 HP & 266 lb-ft [360 NM], displacement UNKNOWN)
Transmission: UNKNOWN
Layout: UNKNOWN (assumed front-engine, all-wheel-drive)​
Might just be me, but I'd look these things up before posting a thread.

They're not production cars - they're a tubular space frame chassis with a glassfibre silhouette body, so production is "0". The engine is most certainly known, as a 3 litre V6 rated to 338hp, mounted to a six speed sequential manual gearbox and in the middle of the car - driving all four wheels. Which also all steer.

Last edited:
^ This.

It's called a Lodgy for crying out loud! That must be automatically uncool.

Famine gave it a "cool" for the name though, read carefully!

Automatically negated by his "race cars aren't cars and are therefore seriously uncool" rule =/

I love rally cars, but this one's just so dorky looking that I can't in good conscience rate it anything higher than Uncool.

An actual Dacia Lodgy would be cool at least, probably sub-zero, but this just looks stupid.

Seriously uncool.

An actual Dacia Lodgy would be cool at least, probably sub-zero, but this just looks stupid.

The MPV this is supposed to be based on (in name at least) certainly doesn't cry cool, let alone sub zero. That Dacia badge makes little difference and the Lodgy name doesn't help.

But the idea of having something based on a large family mover racing in the Andros Trophy is somewhat quirky. It's the sort of thing I'd expect Dacia to attempt, even if the car itself is uncool. Andros Trophy silhouette or not.

Last edited:
Wait. So this is actually an MPV rather than just a hatchback? I thought the proportions seemed a bit odd. That's pretty nifty.

Wait. So this is actually an MPV rather than just a hatchback? I thought the proportions seemed a bit odd. That's pretty nifty.
No, it's a single seat race car. The GRP body on top of it doesn't even look like a Dacia Lodgy except for the taillights - the real car is considerably more MPVish:
dacia-lodgy.jpg

Doesn't look good, and has a V6.

Would be seriously uncool except that it is a rally car, and it doesn't sound that terrible for having a V6.

Dacia = Subzero
Lodgy = Cool

They're not production cars - they're a tubular space frame chassis with a glassfibre silhouette body, so production is "0". The engine is most certainly known, as a 3 litre V6 rated to 338hp, mounted to a six speed sequential manual gearbox and in the middle of the car - driving all four wheels. Which also all steer.
I didn't say half of that - it's been added in by someone else.

Yep - that'll be the person I quoted saying that, directing the remark at them.

Also for those saying it's a rally car, it's not a rally car. It's an ice race car. It'd never survive a rally stage of any kind and is geared to about 100mph (often less, depending on the track). Here's some Trophee Andros cars in action a few years back:

It's steel tubes with a spec engine designed to only drive around a small, frozen circuit. In fact the only thing cool about it is the circuit.

Also for those saying it's a rally car, it's not a rally car. It's an ice race car. It'd never survive a rally stage of any kind and is geared to about 100mph (often less, depending on the track).

Ice racing car? I didn't know that...that's pretty cool (in the 'I'm really serious, ice racing is pretty cool' sense rather than the 'dur hur, i maded a pun' sense).

Though the absurdity level just went up, I'm still thinking Uncool.

Also for those saying it's a rally car, it's not a rally car. It's an ice race car. It'd never survive a rally stage of any kind and is geared to about 100mph (often less, depending on the track).

Well that's disappointing.

Just no, no, no, no.
Seriously uncool. Starting with just the name, you know it's nothing. It just gets progressively worse as you look at more of it.

*off to the car crusher please*

Just no, no, no, no.
Seriously uncool. Starting with just the name, you know it's nothing. It just gets progressively worse as you look at more of it.

*off to the car crusher please*

I agree with you.

Dacia = Subzero
Lodgy = Cool

I was going by the information provided in the nomination thread, which wasn't much. And by "production" I mean when it was built, not how many.

Not a real Lodgy, just merely the shell/shape of a Lodgy.

Seriously uncool.

Back